Author Topic: super robot wars topic

kkhohoho

• View Profile
Re: super robot wars topic
« Reply #270 on: March 11, 2017, 01:01:48 AM »
Quick search brought me a bunch of 00/Seed Astray-level mechs, which is pretty good, but with a few too many random pointy bits that serve no purpose other than to fuck with my eyes when I'm tired. =P

Hence why I said 'pretty good' and not 'Grrrreat!'. And 'pretty good' is a fair assessment compared to some of the blockier giant robots out there like Might Gain or Godmars (although Branpresto actually got some good mileage out of the plastic bricks that comprised Godmars).

You know, I get that most giant robots are at least in part made to sell toys, but Godmars is one of the only ones I've seen that looks like an actual honest to God toy. It's like it was a children's plaything designed strictly to be sold on shelves across Japan everywhere, and then somehow blown up into the behemoth we know it as. Say what you will about Gundam, (I WANT TO SELL THIS GUNDAM) but at least the mechs look like they could possibly be somewhat feasible. Whereas Godmars might as well be an action figure come to life.

The only one I've seen come close was God Sigma. Hell, thanks to Z2's Two Earths setup, my headcanon was that it was an Earth 1/Earth 2 deal, with Godmars being the newer more refined version (one pilot, robot made by space aliens,) and Sigma being the older 'original' version. (Three pilots, robot made by human hands.) Nevermind that both of their sets of attacks had intentionally crappy animations. When you think about it, it makes a strange kind of sense.

(not from either Godmars nor Godsigma)

...I stand corrected. Also, where the heck is that gloriously goofy thing from?

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 17, 2017, 11:04:11 PM »
Quick search brought me a bunch of 00/Seed Astray-level mechs, which is pretty good, but with a few too many random pointy bits that serve no purpose other than to fuck with my eyes when I'm tired. =P

Hence why I said 'pretty good' and not 'Grrrreat!'. And 'pretty good' is a fair assessment compared to some of the blockier giant robots out there like Might Gain or Godmars (although Branpresto actually got some good mileage out of the plastic bricks that comprised Godmars).

You know, I get that most giant robots are at least in part made to sell toys, but Godmars is one of the only ones I've seen that looks like an actual honest to God toy. It's like it was a children's plaything designed strictly to be sold on shelves across Japan everywhere, and then somehow blown up into the behemoth we know it as. Say what you will about Gundam, (I WANT TO SELL THIS GUNDAM) but at least the mechs look like they could possibly be somewhat feasible. Whereas Godmars might as well be an action figure come to life.

The only one I've seen come close was God Sigma. Hell, thanks to Z2's Two Earths setup, my headcanon was that it was an Earth 1/Earth 2 deal, with Godmars being the newer more refined version (one pilot, robot made by space aliens,) and Sigma being the older 'original' version. (Three pilots, robot made by human hands.) Nevermind that both of their sets of attacks had intentionally crappy animations. When you think about it, it makes a strange kind of sense.

(not from either Godmars nor Godsigma)

...I stand corrected. Also, where the heck is that gloriously goofy thing from?

A bit belated, but to answer your question, its from a show called Chogattai Majutsu Robot Ginguiser.

I kinda doubt anyone would want it in an SRW though since giving it a Z level treatment of its animation style would make its Dynamic Kills take longer than an OG Real's shooting animation.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 21, 2017, 03:28:53 PM »
ok so I got SRW V asian version from my friend and I thought hey, time to stream it. Turns out its got the Persona 5 the entire game is a blocked scene thing, I was in despair. But then the internet gave me the most bootlegged solution, you ps4 to pc remote play it and then stream it from your pc. The solution works and now 4 hours later I'm on stage 5. Not sure how much I like this new TacP system though. Guess it kinda streamlines upgrading your pilots as you don't need specific pilots to get kills to build their Pilot Points anymore, it's just all one currency instead.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 21, 2017, 09:54:23 AM »
does V have the horrible tag system from Z3? i had been taking break from srw after srw z3.1 dissapointed me but i recently bought moondwellers asia version. should arrive monday.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 28, 2017, 03:58:27 PM »
Theres no TAG system in SRW V.

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 30, 2017, 03:34:40 PM »
well then ill purchase that when i finish moon dwellers. the translation grammar is awful but i actually know whats going on in the story and its great.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 30, 2017, 04:17:22 PM »
well then ill purchase that when i finish moon dwellers. the translation grammar is awful but i actually know whats going on in the story and its great.

Its even better for SRWV, given that its not their first go at it (it still has its issues, but nothing like "Einst!" "Zwei!" "Dry!").

Also, you'll be happy to know that you can pick your OG's gender and ride again with V.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.