Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 11:46:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334816 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  A question about Final Fantasy XI Online Treasures of Ahi Urhgan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A question about Final Fantasy XI Online Treasures of Ahi Urhgan  (Read 1157 times)
darcthelad

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 25, 2011, 06:12:16 AM »

I recently won a bundle of five videogames on ebay of which the main items were Tales of Destiny and Radiata Stories. Anyway, I ended up with Final Fantasy XI Online Treasures of Ahi Urhgan for PS2. From what I've read, it sounds like it's an expansion pack and that I would need the main FFXI disc in order to play it, but I also don't have PS2 internet connection and I question how many FFXI players would still be playing FFXI on the PS2 for me to interact with. So my question is: what else would I need to buy in order to play this Final Fantasy XI Online Treasures of Ahi Urhgan for PS2?

Thank you.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 09:16:38 AM »

Hate to break it to you, but that disc you got isn't worth much. You can get the entire game- that is, the core game, all 4 expansions and all 6 mini-addons- for 16 clams on amazon, albeit its a digital download. There's almost no reason to buy only the core game so you end up with only the core game plus one expansion.

Basically, it's like you got a game for a system free when that system in retail comes bundled with that game plus a bunch of other ones.
darcthelad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 12:26:17 AM »

Cool, thanks. I think I'll just re-sell it then.

Yeah, I checked how much it was going for on ebay before bidding, and it was only selling for like $1-3, so I figured it wouldn't make any difference in the bundle's price. The bundle was still a good deal though, so I'm happy. I'm pretty far in Tales of Destiny, and the disc has worked perfectly so far, and the Radiata Stories disc works perfectly so far too (though I'm only about 5 hours into it).

FYI if anyone's curious, the bundle was Tales of Destiny, Radiata Stories, and three cheap ones: FFXII, this FXI expansion, and PS2 Bard's Tale for $36 with no shipping. The FFXII is also somewhat of a bust because I already have FFXII, but I think I'll re-gift that one instead.
Archendrus

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 01:27:51 AM »

Not that it matters a whole lot, but all ports of FFXI play together on the same servers. So if you were to play with your PS2, you'd be playing with PC and XBOX360 users as well.
darcthelad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 07:40:21 AM »

Ah, cool. That's good to know. Thank you, Archendrus . And thanks again, Hathen.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: