Author Topic: Sony announces PSP Remasters for the PS3 (M. Hunter P. 3rd for PS3 confirmed!)

ULTROS!

• People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
    • View Profile
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/05/22/psp_remaster_series/

Sony will be bringing classic PlayStation Portable titles to PlayStation 3 as part of a new PSP Remaster lineup. The company announced the series today along with its first major release.

PSP Remaster offers PSP titles remastered for play on the PS3. The games are spruced up with full HD visuals, compatibility with Dual Shock 3, PS3 exclusive content, 3D support, and other features.

The PSP and PS3 versions of the game also share save data. Sony says that this could allow you to play a game on the PSP while on the go, then continue playing when you return home.

The PS3 versions are also compatible with Sony's Ad Hoc Party for PlayStation Portable service for network play. This free PS3 app normally allows local play PSP titles to use the PS3 as a proxy for true online play.

The series will kick off first in Japan through sales of Blu-ray Disc titles, Sony said. The wording of Sony's statement suggests that the series will also be released internationally and will also see some games offered in download form. The press release did not explicitly mention these areas, though.

For the series' first title, Sony has a biggie. As detailed earlier today, Capcom will release a PS3 version of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd under the name Monster Hunter Portable HD. The 4.5 million selling PSP title will feature 3D support, HD visuals and shared save files with the PSP, and will see release this summer.
"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
This move seems...weird.  On some level it's pretty neat, but it also feels like a bit of a cash grab.  It doesn't sound like they're talking about old classics but rather pretty recent titles.  But why do this now when the NGP isn't very far off?

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
Well, I honestly don't know what to think about this other than it would be pretty nice to play Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker on HD.

CDFN

• View Profile
Looks like our speculation in the GoW Portable Collection thread was spot on.

Keep in mind that the PSP has been dead in the West for ages, this allows sony to sell these games on a console that is a lot more popular in the West than the PSP and considering how popular monster hunter is in Japan it will definitely boost the PS3's sales over there as well.
This gives me hope that FF Type-0 will eventually be released in HD as well.
There's no doubt in my mind that these ports will be released on the NGP as well, most of the work is done anyway considering how easy ports between the PS3 and the NGP are supposed to be.

The ability to share save files is also something sony wants to implement between games that are available both on the PS3 and NGP. Hm, I wonder if these ports will be playable on both systems form the get go...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 05:24:47 AM by CDFN »
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

Yggdrasil

• Banninated
    • View Profile
Right Stick Camera Controls Added to PS3 Monster Hunter
Monster Hunter PS3 VS PSP

There's some info in what can we expect to get from other ports.

I seriously don't see a lot of games for this collection getting released outside of the big ones or the ones that are first-party. Asking for all of the JRPGs of the system, like a lot of people is doing right now in other sites and forums will end up really disappointed with this.

If they can do it though, great. If not... well, deal with it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 04:12:42 PM by Yggdrasil »

Jedah

• Golden Age Gamer
    • View Profile

I seriously don't see a lot of games for this collection getting released outside of the big ones or the ones that are first-party. Asking for all of the JRPGs of the system, like a lot of people is doing right now in other sites and forums will end up really disappointed with this.

Although I wish it weren't the case, I have to agree with you on this.  It would be nice if Sony would just allow for PSP games to be purchased, downloaded, and playable on the PS3.  That way even if the games we want didn't make it to the HD collection, it could still be playable.  I want to play FF4 Collections on the PS3!

CDFN

• View Profile
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

Bytor

• Ego Enhancement Consultant
  • Hiding in Inaba
    • View Profile

Although I wish it weren't the case, I have to agree with you on this.  It would be nice if Sony would just allow for PSP games to be purchased, downloaded, and playable on the PS3.  That way even if the games we want didn't make it to the HD collection, it could still be playable.  I want to play FF4 Collections on the PS3!

I agree with both points, and while I don't expect to see more obscure PSP releases for the PS3 (I can understand bringing some to the States that might not sale that good being cost ineffective) it would be really nice if they were available on the PSN, even if just for a limited time, although I admit to ignorance on the cost factors of making such moves.
Everything's Eventual

insertnamehere

• View Profile

I mostly pop in occasionally to give my two cents on certain controversial things, so if you disagree then send a PM, because I generally don't check for replies in threads in case I feel like replying and then things get heated/derailed.

Darklight

• View Profile
So Sony are making their own Emu before anyone else doe's? Maybe someone at sony is paying attention to all the recent BS and what gamers are interested in.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
Eagerly awaiting MGS Peace walker and Lord of Arcana. Both need full screens and a damned controller.

TASTY!

Lard

• View Profile
Come on, Popolocrois!
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

Yggdrasil

• Banninated
    • View Profile
Come on, Popolocrois!

*sees troll face*

...haha, nice one.

Lard

• View Profile
I'm actually serious.
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

CDFN

• View Profile