Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 02:24:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331908 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  videogames affect a new generation of "classical" composers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: videogames affect a new generation of "classical" composers  (Read 707 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: May 24, 2011, 05:33:55 PM »

http://www.npr.org/blogs/deceptivecadence/2011/05/23/136579553/nico-muhly-gaming-ones-way-into-classical-music

I left a comment to this article, because I was just so happy about it. Afterwards, another commenter made the following statement:

"Some musicians grew up with the Suzuki method. I grew up with the Uematsu method."

Friggin' love it.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 12:21:08 PM »

"Some musicians grew up with the Suzuki method. I grew up with the Uematsu method."

Greatest comment I've read so far this month. Great comment as well Ramza (Plus one reccommend ;))

Fascinating article, it reminds me of all the Game composers that borrows bits and pieces from "classical" music to inject into their own compositions. In essence, you are are getting "classical" music drilled into you whether you are aware of it or not. I won't even go into the different game music and what probable "classical" compositions they borrowed from, but one game track always reminds me of Verdi's Requiem Libera me [starting at 1:26] is the introduction choral singing from Duodecim's Cantata Mortis [0:39-1:06]

If anyone hasn't listening to Verdi's Requiem, you're missing out. :3

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: