Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 08:58:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334806 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Modern Warfare 3 trailer.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: Modern Warfare 3 trailer.  (Read 7678 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2011, 01:24:05 PM »

I've removed 3 people from my psn and xbl friend lists in total for playing mw3 so far. However they added me for that one time game we played and never bothered to play with me again. Mw3 was just icing on their failcakes.

TASTY!
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2011, 01:44:59 PM »

I never really got into the whole MW craze. I play some MW2, but to me its too ping dependant. We're talking about a game where failing to register a single shot can mean the difference between preserving your kill streak and topping the scoreboard or getting shot to pieces by return fire and pushing bottom. The lack of dedicated servers means that its all random and highly unstable. Sadly, its something they refuse to fix. Then we have the whole level unbalance issues, experienced players have the better gear. However, because of the ping dependence as well as the (ever present in these CS style games) "luck factor", its rare to see someone actually stay in top spot every game.
Maybe its because I spent so many years playing competitive Natural Selection, but I'm just not blown away by the Multiplayer like some people seem to be.
Co-op mode is pretty awesome though, that I'll have to admit.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2011, 02:33:30 PM »

I've removed 3 people from my psn and xbl friend lists in total for playing mw3 so far. However they added me for that one time game we played and never bothered to play with me again. Mw3 was just icing on their failcakes.

We're talking about videogames here. The point of videogames is fun. If people legitimately have  good time w/ COD then what the hell? I can understand being put off by the countless masses of idiots playing. But you have that with anything that is as popular and accessible. Take in mind sports or music. I love baseball, hockey, and football. But I don't demonstrate the behaviors of the average fan or the meathead fan who beats up rivals. The fact that there are buffoons enjoying what I like doesn't detract from my enjoyment, and it for sure doesn't give me some smug sense of entitlement or elitism that people like you exhibit.

Sometimes even this forum gets to me, let people enjoy what the want and if a game doesn't interest you stay the fuck out of it's thread.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2011, 02:43:30 PM »

I agree totally with Yoda.
I even decided to play the first Modern Warfare just to see what all the hullabaloo was about. Guess what? I'm enjoying it. Sure, I suck at it, but I totally get why people love it.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2011, 02:45:02 PM »

Grim, are you on 360 or PS3?

If you ever get to MW2 and have it on 360 we can do spec ops.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2011, 02:46:07 PM »

I agree with Ash, Yoda, and Grim - who gives a shit what others play? I sure as hell don't, because what you play isn't my problem.

In fact - I've done the opposite. Removed people for caring too much about what I play and trying to lecture me/telling me to play something else. I don't have time for that shit. Go tell someone who actually cares about what others think.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2011, 02:47:00 PM »

I agree totally with Yoda.
I even decided to play the first Modern Warfare just to see what all the hullabaloo was about. Guess what? I'm enjoying it. Sure, I suck at it, but I totally get why people love it.

Truth be told, most people don't even bother with the campaign, it's popular because of MP. The campaigns are enjoyable though, there aren't many games with those production values.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2011, 02:55:03 PM »

Grim, are you on 360 or PS3?

If you ever get to MW2 and have it on 360 we can do spec ops.

360. I wanted the PS3 version(more HD space) but it wasn't there.
I have no intention of ever playing it online. I would need a faster connection for that, and for some reason my wife keeps resisting my efforts there. Sooner or later. Is Spec Opes co-op? That could be fun.

Truth be told, most people don't even bother with the campaign, it's popular because of MP. The campaigns are enjoyable though, there aren't many games with those production values.
Oh, I am fully aware of this. Don't care either. As long as I am able to enjoy the, I'll play. I would get murdered if I ever tried online.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:59:25 PM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »

The campaigns are like playing Commando + James Bond + Tom Clancy. To me that's awesome.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2011, 03:02:02 PM »

Yoda or anyone else with MW3 - have you tried spec ops yet? Are they as good as/better than MW2's?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2011, 03:18:02 PM »

Isn't there some big fanboy war going on between CoD:MW fans and Battlefield fans?

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2011, 06:31:39 PM »

I may not like how obscenely big CoD's become, but I wouldn't remove someone from my friends list just because of that. If I needed to cut people out I'd look for a better excuse, like not logging on for years or something.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2011, 07:17:51 PM »

Honestly, would you keep a person on your friend list who doesn't play anything besides one game that you refuse to play? Even better, you only got a request because you were just good in the previous game you played together? I understand that many people don't agree with my views on activision as a corporation, but dead weight is dead weight. I don't talk to you, don't play the only game you're going to be on for the next 4-6 months, and only accepted your request because i thought we'd play again sometime. If it were just the mw3 factor i wouldn't care as much, but what the hell, why request me and never play with me again? Played with one of the guys on my list for 5 hours on dead rising 2 and we had a great time. 2 days later he was on mw2, and that was 3 weeks straight. I don't regret using mw3 as the excuse to boot him, if anything it was long overdue.

Course, it's hard to hate when you have commercials like the one with sam worthington and jonah hill. It was pretty funny.

...Fuck cod:mw3

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2011, 08:18:06 PM »

Maybe you should've specified, at least for that one person! But the game IS new, so... yeah, a lot of people will be obsessively playing it for awhile over anything else, don't doubt quite a few are also exclusively on Skyrim on each platform too.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2011, 08:19:21 PM »

I think it was just the fact that you made it sound like mw3 was the only reason you defriended someone. I defriend most people I don't talk to for over six months in all my lists, myself.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: