Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 11:36:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341015 Posts in 13938 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Terrorist plot barely prevented; Airlines disallow liquids
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Terrorist plot barely prevented; Airlines disallow liquids  (Read 2528 times)
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 02:16:10 AM »

I just saw a story on the news about someone using a 6-month old baby as a decoy... for a bomb they had strapped to it. I didn't fully catch the story; I was at a relative's house and they were watching the news in Greek, so.

But I caught the baby bomb part. And that's just incredibly fucked up.

[/url]
Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 12:20:49 PM »

http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/200608/msg00087.html

The above poses some interesting questions:  Was the plot plausible (assuming the media have captured the details at least semi-accurately)?  And how much difference do these security measures really make?

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 12:54:52 PM »

Some measures are better than no measures. Like I said, I have to be on planes on a fairly regular basis, and I'd rather they take steps to me not dying than to the contrary.

That's just me though.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 01:09:00 PM »

I think if this bomb concoction actually wouldn't have worked, then the measures are pointless - it'd be like hunting down butterflies because they might eat people. But if it's true... Well, everything I said before still stands. :P
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: