Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 06:55:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335204 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Radiant Silvergun release is imminent.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Radiant Silvergun release is imminent.  (Read 4766 times)
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2011, 09:30:50 PM »

are the anime cutscenes still in this game?
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2011, 06:27:49 AM »

I'm loving the story mode, I also agree how I can come back into the game after a game over with my experience still there to get better.  I'm sure hardcore shmup fans hate that idea.  Most would say if you die, start over with default settings.  Well, I don't care, RS is epic and I had to listen to the amazing soundtrack from Sakimoto for many years just imagining how this game was.  I refused to see much gameplay from it since 1998.

Arcade mode's there for that, and leaderboards only count the ones that start from scratch apparently.

are the anime cutscenes still in this game?

Yep.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2011, 04:21:52 PM »

Having Radiant Silvergun on Live Arcade has convinced me almost any remake is at our grasp.I honestly thought SEGA would never do something like this.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2011, 04:32:34 PM »

Having Radiant Silvergun on Live Arcade has convinced me almost any remake is at our grasp.I honestly thought SEGA would never do something like this.

And they never did: despite being a Sega Saturn exclusive and even running on Saturn hardware at arcades this was an ESP published game on the Saturn, and Microsoft published on XBLA, just read the Wikipedia page. Hell, it would have been on the PS1 if SCEA weren't jackasses.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2011, 04:49:43 PM »

And they never did: despite being a Sega Saturn exclusive and even running on Saturn hardware at arcades this was an ESP published game on the Saturn, and Microsoft published on XBLA, just read the Wikipedia page. Hell, it would have been on the PS1 if SCEA weren't jackasses.

Interesting.I've had the game for years and didn't notice it had no sega logo on the publishing slots.

Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2011, 11:18:10 PM »

I'm buying this tonight, it seems to not have massive borders like other xb shmups. I mean I love Guwange, but xb version is yuck. This still looks great on Saturn with scart/component combo, but i'm running out of saturn replacement lasers. If only all the saturn shmups where converted, i can dream. Anyway, i'll comment on this release tomorrow

Edit: In all honesty, it's really just like the Saturn release which isn't a bad thing, as stated, the Audio is the same. It's nice to have in HD, at the same time though, I can't really see much difference if any as my saturn is hooked up via component. It's only minus is the lack of a 6 button pad. I was one of the lucky one's that bought the saturn version new for regular retail pricing (my mom bought it in jap). If anyone is interested in this title, buy it unless you've got $200 floating around, one of the better conversions on xbl
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:40:19 PM by Darklight » Logged
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2011, 11:44:45 AM »

I can't really see much difference if any as my saturn is hooked up via component.
It really speaks to how nice the game was visual-wise, considering it got nothing more than a resolution upgrade and some bloom effects to spruce up the graphics.

Right now, I'm being an achievement whore.  I'm intent on getting them all.  Completing arcade mode on one continue is likely going to be the hardest to pull off, as I keep falling just short of it.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2011, 03:11:19 PM »

I tried the demo of it this morning and it was really fun.  Kinda wish it was 800 MS points, but I'll probably buy it anyway.  Very entertaining.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2011, 09:13:49 PM »

I still want to get my hands on the original Saturn version.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: