Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2014, 03:59:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330207 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Hello, now how do I handle all these games.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello, now how do I handle all these games.....  (Read 901 times)
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: May 25, 2011, 03:32:22 AM »

Hello all!

I am new to the board and, whenever that is the case, I feel it only appropriate to introduce myself first..... My name is Klyde and I am.... an OCG (Obsessive compulsive gamer)... well I am a tattoo artist first, which really cuts into my game time, art being my first love..... but a CLOSE second is anime and video games!!!! Problem being, there are so many awesome games to play nowadays and I just compulsively have to finish the ones I start... Even the bad ones, and it drives me nuts sometimes. I was just curious if anyone else suffers from the affliction and how they cope.

Case and Point: I am playing through Ar Tonelico 2 at the moment. Quite frankly I think it completely lacks but I'm such a sucker for that lush artwork and I did enjoy the 1st so I had high hopes for the sequel... but talk about convoluted (sp?) non-sensical plots and longwinded boring dialogues.... Its like they added the infelsphere into the game as a means of torture.... But truth be told, I can't turn the damn thing off because I just feel compelled out of utter necessity to finish AT2 off while I have Trails in the Sky sitting on the shelf tempting me.... Amongst a ton of other titles I would enjoy exponentially more.

In any event I was just curious how other people juggled the plethora of RPGs on the market today. It wasn't like this growing up for me as I used to have to wait for the next decent RPG to hit the states, with ample time to replay the last time again.... Not to sound as though I'm complaining about the selection... I'm complaining about my own inability to put a bad game down to move on to greener pastures.

Well that concludes my longwinded pointless introduction, true to Ar Tonelico 2 form... Maybe I have been playing this one too much? Hahaha!!! But seriously, lovely community here and I'm stoked to be a part!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 04:46:21 AM »

Welp, if you keep playing video games for a long time you will get to a point in where you are going to want to cut all the crap and see what games you really are interested to play. Instead of playing something just for hype or whatever other silly reason.

I used to have that problem too before, in where I wanted to play all the games of the universe, and I was just left with the sensation that I just wasted time and money in something that I don't really care in the first place. Also, if you like art, use that money that you use to buy "uninspired" video games to buy artbooks.

Is nice to have a collection of artbooks. And welcome.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 07:31:15 AM »

I guess the best thing you can do is heavily research every aspect of a game before you play it, read reviews, watch a Let's Play of the first 10 minutes or so on Youtube, look for some opinions from people who have the same taste as you, that way you have a better idea what you are getting into without committing yourself to it.

Anyway, glad to have you here on the boards. I hope you enjoy it. :)

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 10:09:39 AM »

I don't know for you, but that always makes me feel tingly inside.

- Grind the 100 IPD
- Get Replekia
- Get to the last boss
- Cast 100 IPD Replekia Ar Tonelico

Like said above, watching Lets Play can save you a lot of time. For example, I watched Lost Odyssey, Xenosaga 2 and Xenosaga 3. I wanted to see the plot of those games but didn't want to play them because they just don't look that fun to me. By doing this I saved like 200 hours just on those.

oh yeah, hey.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 08:38:13 AM »

Avoid getting too far into tits until around SC is available in english.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: