Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 10:46:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319589 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Ghost Trick -- compare to Ace Attorney! Sequel-worthy?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Ghost Trick -- compare to Ace Attorney! Sequel-worthy?  (Read 4649 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 05:15:17 PM »

The amnesia element is only used primarily straight in the main character. Every where else it's played for laughs. Heck Ghost Trick should receive an award for being one of the few games to have a clever, and brilliant reason for the amnesia cliche.
Code:
After all it's not so much "amnesia" as it is mistaken identity. Sissel can't "remember" his past because he's trying to remember the past of someone who isn't him; kinda hard to do. XD

In the GI reviewer's defense, all I have to say in response to this "clever and brilliant reason" is: Final Fantasy VII.

Code:
though, actually being a CAT is way cooler than being a subpar soldier who wants to be the cool soldier.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 05:52:55 PM »

Ack, touche. XD It's been...*thinks* ...probably nearly 10 years since I've played VII. No wonder I didn't remember it. >.<;
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 10:12:31 AM »

I was liking Ghost Trick more in the beginning than towards the middle. Not that it ever became bad by any stretch but some puzzles are a little frustrating and other a little too illogical for my constricted mind to guess (actually only two things I couldn't solve).

Given I decided to play this a month after 999 and Professor Layton 3 I think Ghost Trick is the worst (although still like) but the first two felt so much better for me.
I played until chapter 10 and decided to give it some time or else I might not get into it again. I was thinking into getting Hotel Dusk but I may be a little tired from "visual novels" for the moment so I think they should wait a little.

Back to Ghost Trick I think I can understand why one would not enjoy the game as like I said, there are some puzzles that you have about a second to do the exact thing or else you fail and it can get very disappointing.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 12:36:29 PM »

I just started ghost trick and the character animation and music have totally hooked me. I'll post and update when I'm done but I have a feeling I'm going to love this.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: