Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 04:02:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334755 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Thought you knew just how f***ed up SE is these days? Think again.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Thought you knew just how f***ed up SE is these days? Think again.  (Read 4893 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 07:19:52 PM »

I've always hated that "What did you expect?" argument. As if that somehow negates peoples anger/disappointment about something, because they should have expected it.

I could say "what did you expect" to your comment about being surprised that people are still angry over things they were supposed to expect and thus not be angry about.

But I won't. Because it would create a blackhole.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 07:39:29 PM »

Haha fair enough star.  I wasn't trying to say people shouldn't be mad so to speak, but that it shouldnt be as surprising as I think some people take it as?  I dunno.  I mean it sucks, both companies were great when they started, but then they got bigger, and that always seems to lead to problems.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2011, 07:54:35 PM »

Haha fair enough star.  I wasn't trying to say people shouldn't be mad so to speak, but that it shouldnt be as surprising as I think some people take it as?  I dunno.  I mean it sucks, both companies were great when they started, but then they got bigger, and that always seems to lead to problems.

I see where you are coming from. I mean, people die all the time, but you can't get pissed off about every single death, you gotta move on. I just don't think it can be applied to everything.

People care about what SquareEnix do. Especially here. As gamers and people who love RPGs, we probably invested a lot of emotion and time into the games they used to make. So when people see them do stuff like this, they are crying out so that they may see the harm they are doing, before it is too late.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 10:46:33 PM »

Aftonbladet

Calling bullshit on this till confirmation from a real news source.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 03:59:56 AM »

If this is true none of it is surprising, Japanese Publisher + Western Development seems to end in disaster.  I know by first hand experience lol.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 05:23:19 AM »

Back when Metroid Prime was being developed, Nintendo Japan were getting all pissy because it "wasn't Metroid." Joke's on them because it was better than Other M.

In conclusion Japanese publishers are fucking wankers.

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 05:09:53 PM »

Want to know the great thing about the biggest name in the RPG business pumping out shit? We as gamers get to give all sorts of games and companies that would've otherwise slipped through our fingers a chance. I don't know about anyone else here, but I have a severely limited budget, both in time and money. If I'm going to plunk any cash down for a game I need to know it's good.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 07:20:07 PM »

I don't know exactly when it happened, but when did Japan stop being good at making games? I'm so bored with japanese rpgs that I'm playing suikoden II now, a game that's gotta be some 10 to 15 years old. It's like they have a template for making a game these days...

Hero-Heroine
Badass-Goody two shoes-Brooding pessimist
young person aiming for big dreams-Quiet marauder in the wrong place at the wrong time-Ex military
Evil Nation-Evil God-Evil Dictator-Wronged Hero desiring revenge
Antihero-No antihero
Medieval-Current-Futuristic

With this base template, circle one from each line and you're like 50% done with creating a jrpg...no a japanese game theme. I could sell this to SE for like 20 bucks.

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 07:22:57 PM »

Yep, pretty much. Japan had a meeting about it. They decided as a nation to stop making good games just to troll us.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 08:44:10 PM »

Yep, pretty much. Japan had a meeting about it. They decided as a nation to stop making good games just to troll us.

They stopped making good RPGs.  They still make plenty of good games in other genres.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 08:58:45 PM »

i dont think thats a fair statement. i think the rpg's that are content to appeal to a specific niche are still quite good. its the when they try to appeal to a broader audience that things seem to go wrong. but hey fighting games seem to be making a comeback maybe somewhere down the line rpg's can too.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 09:04:24 PM »

They stopped making good RPGs.  They still make plenty of good games in other genres.

Oh? It's just RPGs?

Well, I don't know about you but I don't think Japan trying hard enough here. Clearly their heart isn't in it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 09:06:23 PM »

Oh? It's just RPGs?

Well, I don't know about you but I don't think Japan trying hard enough here. Clearly their heart isn't in it.

*cough*RadiantHistoria*cough*StrangeJourney*cough*Nier*cough*AtelierRorona*cough*etc.*cough*

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 09:26:52 PM »

I refer you to the text underneath my avatar.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2011, 09:37:36 PM »

I refer you to the text underneath my avatar.

Damn America and its anti-weaboos.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: