Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 11:53:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319219 Posts in 13034 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 2011
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Print
Author Topic: E3 2011  (Read 14363 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: June 12, 2011, 06:46:11 PM »

Nah, the upgrade will be significant, I'm pretty sure about that. At this point it's pretty easy to build a machine that blows current gen consoles out of the water, you don't even need cutting edge hardware, that's why I'm so surprised with nintendo's attitude, they could easily build a far more powerful machine with current tech and still release it cheaper than the 360 was at launch but instead they decided to put all the money into a controller.

Core gamers who don't want to invest in a PC are dying for new hardware, if nintendo gives them a hardware that clearly outperforms the PS360, even without reaching high end pc level visuals, they'll be all over it. I don't know how nintendo doesn't see that.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: June 12, 2011, 09:49:22 PM »

I will probably grab the WII U whenever it comes out judging by what i've seen so far but I'm betting that the controllers are going to cost at least as much as a game. Probably more. It's been a long time since I bothered with any Nintendo console:/

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: June 12, 2011, 09:59:47 PM »

New xbox/ps3 controllers are almost as much as a game... I'm setting the over under on a Wii U controller at 100 bux Americano

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: June 13, 2011, 09:34:31 PM »

Highly unlikely since the WiiU isn't just a controller but also a new box. They just didn't really show it this time, but you can see it in the WiiU video.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 13, 2011, 09:58:48 PM »

Nah, the upgrade will be significant, I'm pretty sure about that. At this point it's pretty easy to build a machine that blows current gen consoles out of the water, you don't even need cutting edge hardware, that's why I'm so surprised with nintendo's attitude, they could easily build a far more powerful machine with current tech and still release it cheaper than the 360 was at launch but instead they decided to put all the money into a controller.

Core gamers who don't want to invest in a PC are dying for new hardware, if nintendo gives them a hardware that clearly outperforms the PS360, even without reaching high end pc level visuals, they'll be all over it. I don't know how nintendo doesn't see that.

Well, Nintendo's approach philosophy has been more akin to creating new toys than creating new tech, especially from the DS onwards. Something I DO think is needed, even if the Wii may not have had as desirable an effect as the D-Pad or Analog stick have. Still, I have to admit I'd like it if Nintendo weren't immediately considered irrelevant when the new Xbox and Playstation hit much like the Dreamcast was, even though we're reaching the point of diminishing returns unlike the shift from PS1 to PS2, or even PS2 to PS3. Actually, I half expect that as long as they don't skimp on RAM and disc capacity (if they're going for a blu-ray variant then they're fine there) they can still hold out, even if games don't look quite as nice.

And... yeah, even if they sell controllers separately (they're awfully cagey on that) they've made it clear they're designing the system to be used mainly with just one Wii U tablet controller, with multiplayer handled by the other ones. Though I'm at least hoping they put out a sort of Classic Controller Pro + that includes rumble and motion sensing, basically everything but the screen parts.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: June 14, 2011, 12:14:37 AM »

So...

any good booth babes recap?

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 14, 2011, 12:30:10 AM »

So...

FemShep. She was kinda gothy looking though.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: June 14, 2011, 09:01:12 PM »

So...

FemShep. She was kinda gothy looking though.

Easy way to ruin a pretty face.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 14, 2011, 09:47:12 PM »

Fear not, paragons. She didn't have the renegade scars.

She did though, have an OmniTool. Awesome. I'm mad I didn't get a pic of her, she also ended up sitting behind us watching the ME3 demo. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: June 14, 2011, 10:24:48 PM »

Did anyone find out when Journey is coming out? All I've heard is "late 2011". I want that game NOW.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: June 15, 2011, 06:59:31 AM »

Did anyone find out when Journey is coming out? All I've heard is "late 2011". I want that game NOW.

No specific date yet.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: June 15, 2011, 07:41:00 AM »

Looks like the wiiU GPU is based on the R770. That's 2009 tech with DirectX 10.1 support. Should be more capable than the GPUs found in the PS3 and the 360. If the rumors about the CPU are true and assuming that it will have more than 512mb of RAM (I mean, they can't seriously be considering less than 1GB), it looks like it will have a clear advantage over current consoles, it's not your usual generational leap though as expected.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: June 15, 2011, 07:49:51 AM »

once upon a time i had a 8 meg ram cart for my saturn......

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: June 15, 2011, 10:03:41 AM »

CD, you seem obsessed with all the tech behind the systems. I know plenty of people are. Personally, I really don't care about the #'s. I'm perfectly happy with the current systems. I just want great games to play. More specifically, I want more games with great artistry. More games like what Team ICO and Thatgamecompany are creating. If the Wii-U can offer some great games that the other systems can't then I will get one. Tech specs will have nothing to do with it.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: June 15, 2011, 11:06:50 AM »

CD, you seem obsessed with all the tech behind the systems. I know plenty of people are. Personally, I really don't care about the #'s. I'm perfectly happy with the current systems. I just want great games to play. More specifically, I want more games with great artistry. More games like what Team ICO and Thatgamecompany are creating. If the Wii-U can offer some great games that the other systems can't then I will get one. Tech specs will have nothing to do with it.

Pretty much how I feel about gaming in general. I don't care how powerful a system is or how great you can make a game look, just give me good, creative games to play.

The more I think about it, the Wii-U controller seems like a really good idea. In games that require you to sift through menus, you'll just be able to access all that stuff on the touch screen, and it would also free up screen space on RPGs. I can picture battles with no health bars or information on the screen except for maybe damage dealt. All that can be on the screen on the controller.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: