Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 10:30:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330162 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3 2011
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: E3 2011  (Read 14635 times)
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2011, 10:23:27 PM »

The $250 price point is almost insane.  I think Sony is willing to take a hit on each Vita in order to bridge the gap with 3DS.  At least they aren't making the same mistakes twice.  I will be picking one of those suckers up for sure!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2011, 10:48:20 PM »

So... E3 already started? I thought it started tomorrow. What did I miss?

Everybody but Nintendo.

Which basically means Sony and not much else.

Vita made a fairly strong showing AT&T support and it's many many modes aside, same with the Uncharteds, and a bunch of videos for games that didn't really get enough time (or gameplay) to shine. The montage count was lower than usual though so that's good. And I like that the Move was more or less just there rather than "HEY!!! Look at all this shovelware for a peripheral that you're hardly ever going to use!"

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: June 07, 2011, 12:01:35 AM »

I think Nintendo will take this year again.Microsoft and Sony bored me.EA and Ubisoft had good showings though.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: June 07, 2011, 12:11:17 AM »

So long as we all learned from last year that motion technology is gimmicky and crappy.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: June 07, 2011, 12:35:46 AM »

Motion controls are good when they an integral part of the experience and it doesn't feel forced. Sadly, a lot of developers just use it because they can. Either way, I don't mind this "little era" of experiencing with this technology.

And if it fails, then is the fault of everyone involved; Gamers for not thinking out-of-the-box and developers for being (for a lack of a better word) "lazy" thanks of our stupid hardcoreness.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: June 07, 2011, 12:42:22 AM »

You know what's funny?  Each of Bioware's CG trailers for The Old Republic have way better fight choreography than any moment in the entire Star Wars movie saga.  The latest one was no exception.

Still disappointed by the lack of a release date... or even an open beta window.

Quoted for Fucking TRUTH.

Also, AC:Revelations looks amazing. Cannot wait to see how the story ends.

I made my girl watch the trailer for ME3 and she said it looked cool, then I made her watch the trailer for ME2 and she pretty much told me to start a new game so she can watch. Lulz.

Other than ME, AC and TOR, I cant really think of anything that has me super stoked. We'll see as more previews and features are released.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: June 07, 2011, 12:45:52 AM »

I think Nintendo will take this year again.Microsoft and Sony bored me.EA and Ubisoft had good showings though.

Seeing as I had to work tonight, please edumacate me on Ubi and EA's conferences.

If Last Story and Xenoblade are not announced for Wii, Nintendo has officially lost E3 and this generation. (Because I'm tired of being denied the shit I want to play)

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: June 07, 2011, 12:49:00 AM »

I'd been more impressed with The Old Republic if it wasn't The Old Footage (namely from of the E3s past).

That said, so what has our illustrious staff gleamed during their time at E3? Any information on any sort of game that the people here would actually care about?

Also wanted to comment on the TV dual image thing that sounded cool during Sony's Conference. Namely that because it relies on 3D technology (or worse yet the 3D technology within that particular TV), not many people are going to have access to that feature, thus not many games are going to have that feature unless they're designed to go the extra mile (and it's likely not worth the cost to do so anyways). It's a neat gimmick but it's going to die faster than Microsoft's HD-DVD format.

@Lard: Insomniac has a new IP. There's the entire EA conference for you at least. Also the Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles have been announced for the Wii and they've even came out in Japan (and in the UK in the case of the latter).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: June 07, 2011, 12:50:36 AM »

@Lard: Insomniac has a new IP. There's the entire EA conference for you at least. Also the Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles have been announced for the Wii and they've even came out in Japan (and in the UK in the case of the latter).

What - LS and XB for North America?????!!!!!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: June 07, 2011, 01:01:26 AM »

i wanted to puke during sony conference when they kept talking about motion controls and trying to force it on every game possible. Vivo was the only good part.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: June 07, 2011, 01:45:29 AM »

EurAsianGirl
Restricted Members

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: June 07, 2011, 05:37:57 AM »

Thar be moar raging by Tales fandom if no news on Tales Of Graces F, lol.

Avid Grandia and Lunar Fan
Awaiting Tales Of Graces F, Rune Factory Oceans, Ar Tonelico 3 and Harvest Moon Twin Leaf Villiage.
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: June 07, 2011, 06:01:24 AM »

i wanted to puke during sony conference when they kept talking about motion controls and trying to force it on every game possible. Vivo was the only good part.

I don't own it but I really like the Move, at its heart it's a controller and it works damn well. Really it's up to the developers to not make it suck, the NBA game looks like it uses the controller decently especially considering how bad the last iteration used the Move.

Xbox conference was disappointing, announcement of cloud saves afterwards was not. Can't wait for that.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: June 07, 2011, 07:54:57 AM »

I stayed up untill 3 a.m. but should've gone to bed right after the uncharted 3 trailer. Everyone was expecting a big surprise but there wasn't any, they got all bases covered with excellent games though. I think the conference was balanced, the time was evenly distributed between all 3 platforms (PS3, move and vita). Move has a lot of potential, developers just aren't using it.

The vita is irresistible at that price. The whole system got everything right, the tech, the games, the interaction with the PS3 and the price.

Even though we knew Ueda wouldn't be there, not seeing any TLG footage was very disappointing. Team Ico collection this September.
No gameplay for Sly 4 was also disappointing.

Lots of great games in the coming months though, Infamous 2, Resistance 3, Twisted Metal, Uncharted 3, etc.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: June 07, 2011, 08:03:50 AM »

What good games are coming out for the Vita? The only thing I saw worth getting was SFxTK.

The only thing of interest to me so far was that US announcement for Devil Survivor 2.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: