Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 06:21:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329977 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  SWTOR v2.0 - Now Free-to-Play
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: SWTOR v2.0 - Now Free-to-Play  (Read 3184 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 09:47:28 AM »

I dunno, I guess from a player's perspective I find that allowing me to play all the content possible while restricting things like quick-travel and high-end gear is pretty attractive, given the amount of time I'd have to play the game. Though since the MMO part of the game is supposedly the weakest part though, hiding that behind P2P does seem like a bonehead marketing movie.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 10:45:41 AM »

With the credit caps for lower accounts, I wonder if I logged in with a free or step above account, would I lose all my credits above the cap?  Pretty sure I had way more when I stopped.

aside from restricting wearing certain equipment, which just seems kinda dumb to me. If they wanted to do that, they should've restricted the content that drops said gear.

My guess is they want people to see some really nice looking piece of gear drop, want it, not be able to wear it, then decide to purchase coins so they can wear it.

Also they made the fact that you only get two action bars was a huge issues.  At least with the classes Ive played, looking up builds, most only required about two, and on WoW most of mine only needed two.  It seems you need more moves in KOTOR for PVP than PVE.  Then again im not the best player :P

Yeah that's probably not a huge issue.  I'm fairly certain I needed more space for my Marauder, but if you really had to, you could make do and squeeze it down to 2 bars.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 08:16:00 AM »

With the credit caps for lower accounts, I wonder if I logged in with a free or step above account, would I lose all my credits above the cap?  Pretty sure I had way more when I stopped.
I believe I heard that what happens is that all of the excess credits go into an "escrow account" which you are unable to use(but probably are able to see) unless you get your credit limit increased.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 09:30:49 AM »

If it's like most other MMOs, you can collect as much as you want and your total amount is tracked, but you spending 'potential' is limited to the lower amount.
Overall, it means you can't really spend more than X at one time unless you unlock it.
Usually, it's an auction house cock-block.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: