Author Topic: The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread  (Read 353833 times)

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
Re: The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread
« Reply #1290 on: March 03, 2012, 02:14:32 PM »
Plains of Eternity is one of the few songs that I can hear for hours without getting sick of it. I didn't even knew that I could enjoy that type of music so much.

Cyril

• View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 03, 2012, 02:31:59 PM »
Agreed, Plains of Eternity just hits all of the right "addicting" notes for me.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #1292 on: March 03, 2012, 02:49:35 PM »
I'm realllly on the fence with this sort of english-singing fad in Japan.  The way we write lyrics seems to be pretty different.  When Japanese love talking about the long and sad shadow left by the only hopeful lampost on a cold street (or some shit like that), English seems to try to tell some sort of story sometimes.

Either way.  I'm not a fan of lyrical songs.  They're too obscure, and it's too easy to tell they're foreign, it's distracting.  Persona barely pulls it off, but I'd say it works in context... Except for hearing BABY BABY BABY BABY  at least 500 times....
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Yggdrasil

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 03, 2012, 03:51:05 PM »
So you're saying that we need more ending themes like Change Your Way from Persona 2: Eternal Punishment?

...why this song is not longer dammit. ;_;

Madoka

• View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: March 03, 2012, 07:06:24 PM »
I have a question about DLC.

I have a US PSN account. I am currently playing the Hong Kong version of XIII-2 for the English menus and Japanese voice acting. I notice that the HK version of the game has it's own save file folder and game data, but shares the same trophies.

If I get US DLC, will the Hong Kong version of the game recognize and use it?

Also, on basic game play, if I miss a live trigger and get crappy rewards, if I lock the gate and replay the area, do you get to redo the live triggers and get better rewards? If so, do you keep the original rewards?

Thanks.

xXMelancholiaXx

• View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: March 03, 2012, 08:41:02 PM »
So you're saying that we need more ending themes like Change Your Way from Persona 2: Eternal Punishment?

...why this song is not longer dammit. ;_;
Actually there is a version that is slightly longer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqqrAwbK3bU&feature=related

As for the artist Elisha La'verne, who did the song, I don't think she's Japanese...

I'm realllly on the fence with this sort of english-singing fad in Japan.  The way we write lyrics seems to be pretty different.  When Japanese love talking about the long and sad shadow left by the only hopeful lampost on a cold street (or some shit like that), English seems to try to tell some sort of story sometimes.

Either way.  I'm not a fan of lyrical songs.  They're too obscure, and it's too easy to tell they're foreign, it's distracting.  Persona barely pulls it off, but I'd say it works in context... Except for hearing BABY BABY BABY BABY  at least 500 times....
I don't know if you listen to Japanese music regularly or not like I do but it's actually pretty common to have english words, phrases and even an English version of songs. L'arc en Ciel did an English version of Get out from the shell for their album Real and it indeed does have foreign feeling that you are speaking of. I guess it depends on how you look at it as it never really bothered me.

Sapphire_Fate

• View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 03, 2012, 09:30:23 PM »
Plains of Eternity is one of the few songs that I can hear for hours without getting sick of it. I didn't even knew that I could enjoy that type of music so much.
Plains of Eternity is my favorite dungeon BGM of the series. It's really, really addictive.

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 04, 2012, 02:07:49 AM »
Plains of Eternity is my favorite dungeon BGM of the series. It's really, really addictive.

I can't agree enough! Its my favorite BGM of the game as well. Very addicting song

Farron

• View Profile
    • Mayonaka Reviews
« Reply #1298 on: March 04, 2012, 06:07:44 AM »

I have a US PSN account. I am currently playing the Hong Kong version of XIII-2 for the English menus and Japanese voice acting. I notice that the HK version of the game has it's own save file folder and game data, but shares the same trophies.

Also, on basic game play, if I miss a live trigger and get crappy rewards, if I lock the gate and replay the area, do you get to redo the live triggers and get better rewards? If so, do you keep the original rewards?

Thanks.

It won't. I have the same version as you, the Chinese/English version. If you go to the PSN Hong Kong you can see three different FFXIII-2 titles for DLC, the Japanese (the asian version in jap and japanese itself), the English (same thing, original enlgish version or asian in english) AND out version of the game with audio in japanese but the rest in english.

Just so you know, I bought the DLC for our version of the game at the Hong Kong PSN and it is all working!

Akanbe-

• Meep
    • View Profile
    • RPGamer
« Reply #1299 on: March 04, 2012, 12:16:20 PM »

Like Farron says, it's best to stick with matching regions (Asian game = HK store, JP game=JP store, etc). 

That being said, I downloaded some DLC from the Japanese PSN for the Asian version of Tales of Xillia and it worked fine. YMMV.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9

Matrix

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: March 04, 2012, 01:26:19 PM »
I like this game

Yggdrasil

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 04, 2012, 02:19:43 PM »
Do I really have to do 100 preemptive strikes in a row to get the "Clock Stopper" achievement/trophy?

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: March 04, 2012, 02:36:40 PM »
Just ordered this game for my brother's birthday in two weeks. Looking forward to playing it with him.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: March 04, 2012, 02:41:24 PM »
Do I really have to do 100 preemptive strikes in a row to get the "Clock Stopper" achievement/trophy?
Yep, it's terrible. My advice, worry about that last. Get the fragments first so you can unlock the speed up option which doubles the speed of everything. When you do, go to archlytte steppe and switch the weather to rainy, and head over to the area with the huge pond. Save every 10 fights or so to prevent accidents as the battle count does save too ( trust me on this, my controller battery died at battle 86, only lost 6 fights). It's far less rage inducing this way.

TASTY!

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: March 04, 2012, 11:52:34 PM »
if i hate moe charaters will serah annoy the shit out of me?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”