Author Topic: The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread  (Read 354010 times)

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
Re: The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread
« Reply #1485 on: April 22, 2012, 02:58:26 AM »
This game's story makes no fucking sense at all. It's like the writers wrote random shit on tomatoes, hurled them at a wall, and then looked at the ensuing chaos and thought "this is deeply philosophical and looks like a timeline! Brilliant!"

Whoever wrote this game needs to be shot.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #1486 on: April 22, 2012, 03:50:49 AM »
This game's story makes no fucking sense at all. It's like the writers wrote random shit on tomatoes, hurled them at a wall, and then looked at the ensuing chaos and thought "this is deeply philosophical and looks like a timeline! Brilliant!"

Oh man.  I'm finally on Summer Holidays and picked this game up again... It's all I can think about.  It is really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, baaaaad.

If Noel and Serah hooked up over Snow, I'll qualify that as it's one redeeming feature.  Because Snow and Serah together is a paradox of creepy on its own.

Why is Yeul worth fighting for, by the way?  That's a "plot point" too isnt it??
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #1487 on: April 22, 2012, 04:15:26 AM »
I do NOT want Noel and Serah to get together. Not that I like Snow/Serah any more as a couple but after two games of the whole Serah/Snow stuff having Serah drop Snow for Noel would be fucking stupid. God damn is this story bad. I hate whoever wrote this story. I wish I could get paid for going to work high, writing random ass shit, throwing it onto a disc, then having legions of teenagers think I'm so philosophical and make Linkin Park AMVs of my characters.

Anyway, it's fucking hilarious when I get Serah to say stupid ass things when serious shit is going down.

"Why are there two Yeuls?"
"SHE HAS A TWIN SISTER!"
"But they're in different time periods."
"*GASP* ONE IS IMMORTAL!"
"............................"

"Why is the eclipse happening?"
"THE FAL'CIE WAS BORED SO IT WANTED TO SEE WHAT IT WAS LIKE WHEN IT'S DARK."

"Why are Caius and Yeul on this tower?"
"OH MY GOD THERE'S TREASURE HERE."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:26:38 AM by Ashton »

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: April 22, 2012, 11:49:13 AM »

You're only noticing this now? I just assumed that because they had a bunch of random artwork lying around that they didn't want to throw out they instead opted to use as much as they could by waving their hands saying "Time Kompression Travel" then promptly throwing in the plots of animes everyone watched recently to steal borrow and called it a sequel (and it turns out that DBKai was one of those shows).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #1489 on: April 22, 2012, 12:02:20 PM »
I admire its use of a plot devise WORSE than the Scooby-Doo conclusions...

Scooby Doo --  "OMG, Mr. Adams from the clock store?!"
13-Poo -- "OMG!!  Must be a paradox responsible for ______"
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: April 22, 2012, 01:46:22 PM »
I admire its use of a plot devise WORSE than the Scooby-Doo conclusions...

Scooby Doo --  "OMG, Mr. Adams from the clock store?!"
13-Poo -- "OMG!!  Must be a paradox responsible for ______"

Is it always the first paradox they meet? It's not as bad as Scooby Doo unless it's always the first guy paradox they meet.

Not to say that it isn't worse than He-Man where it's always Skellator behind it, even when he isn't.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #1491 on: April 22, 2012, 04:02:56 PM »

You're only noticing this now? I just assumed that because they had a bunch of random artwork lying around that they didn't want to throw out they instead opted to use as much as they could by waving their hands saying "Time Kompression Travel" then promptly throwing in the plots of animes everyone watched recently to steal borrow and called it a sequel (and it turns out that DBKai was one of those shows).
I only started playing it this past week. The terribleness did not truly assert itself since before then I only saw clips of it.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: April 22, 2012, 05:44:32 PM »
Story isn't that bad. Still like it better than persona 3, but I truly hate persona 3. Besides, the gameplay and music still give the game a good feel. The characters are likeable, the fights were challenging at times....sort of, and overall the game was well made. Yes, the story was pretty terrible, at least the ending was cool. Plus, Caius is awesome.

TASTY!

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: April 22, 2012, 05:56:45 PM »
Do you even know the full story for P3, or just a bit of cursory information before going "nope, terrible terrible terrible!"

... Still, I enjoyed the story more than I expected, but I didn't really try to take it too seriously at all, then you have the ending that's... well, best to see for yourself.

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #1494 on: April 22, 2012, 06:01:39 PM »
Story isn't that bad. Still like it better than persona 3, but I truly hate persona 3.
You son of a bitch.

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: April 22, 2012, 09:09:43 PM »
I can't imagine any reason why should anyone hate Persona 3. Then again, I better not ask anything.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: April 22, 2012, 10:26:21 PM »
Do you even know the full story for P3, or just a bit of cursory information before going "nope, terrible terrible terrible!"

... Still, I enjoyed the story more than I expected, but I didn't really try to take it too seriously at all, then you have the ending that's... well, best to see for yourself.
I got through about a third of P3 before I rage quit. To this day, it's the only rpg I refused to finish. Maybe it's my bias with how weaboo you had to be to enjoy it, but all I saw was some dumbass kid take a gun and shoot himself in the head, and instead of dying he unleashes a super demon to beat up more demons. I couldn't stand many things in the game, but that tainted my taste forever. I can't even play the other persona titles because of it now. At the end of the day, I just hated persona 3. I can forgive the silliness of 13-2, and the terrible plot device that made mgs4's nanomachines seem like a logical conclusion, but fuck P3.

I will, however, throw a rock at 13-2 now. I am thoroughly disappointed with the extra dlc. I did everything in the game and scored platinum, but these dlc fights require way to much super tweaking of your monsters. You can't readjust your other characters for finesse purposes, but your monsters you can do all day long. Nevermind the million or so crystarium points I have that do nothing, I'm just tired of fighting the same enemies now for leveling items, and recatching the last monster I used for combining. It's repetitive now, and only the story dlc will drive me further.

TASTY!

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #1497 on: April 22, 2012, 10:30:10 PM »
P3's not for everyone. I just wanted to call someone a son of a bitch today. :P

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: April 22, 2012, 10:42:45 PM »
P3's not for everyone. I just wanted to call someone a son of a bitch today. :P
Believe me, as an rpg fan (HAHA), I get ripped on constantly for disliking persona 3. I consider myself an rpglover, I will play near any rpg you sit in front of me. However, Persona has been a series that since I tried, I have no love...no appreciation for. I hate it more than I hate FFXII, and I didn't think I could hate anything more than that.

TASTY!

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #1499 on: April 22, 2012, 10:49:45 PM »
Well, P3's not going to appeal to everyone - the dungeon crawling can be monotonous and the social link parts are annoying to people who hate dating sims, which is surprising to me because I HATE dating sims but love the social link system.