Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 01:53:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334820 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 105 Print
Author Topic: The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread  (Read 107979 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2011, 12:29:45 PM »

The nora retards are back, oh boy...

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2011, 12:37:46 PM »

Towns?!?!

Moogle! and a sexually ambiguous character:

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2011, 12:45:35 PM »

That first pic might as well be the beach scene from the first game or even anything from chapters 7 and 12, I don't see any indication of a fully explorabe town in that pic.

As for the second pic, I think I see boobs.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2011, 01:40:27 PM »

Since we're analyzing...

Moogles accompany you through some places apparently.

A puzzle area called Unstable Rift? You have the ability to retry by pressing square.

Pulseworker fighting along side Serah and dudeFang. This could indicate some sort of recruiting sub-mechanic or mini-game.

Cinematic Action, also known as QTEs.

The buildings in the background look like present day, real world ones. Those vines growing on the walls and ceiling and the overall look of the city could mean it is another abandoned one with old architecture, similar to Oerba.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 01:46:11 PM by hell_snake » Logged

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2011, 01:49:05 PM »

The ability to recruit monsters would be nice.

I just noticed the name of the paradigm in the third pic, it's called cerberus, that's new. I guess new paradigms could also mean new classes.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2011, 03:13:58 PM »

Well..it looks pretty?  Haha.  I really just didn't dig FFXIII, as much as I would have liked to.  Plus, apparently im a horrible player cause I reached the one part where you could actually explore a bit and I just got raped by everything I encountered and just rage quitted.  Still, I will at least give this a rent via gamefly..kind how I do most of my gaming these days since the money is tight.  One can only hope they listened to feedback somewhere, cause then it at least shows they don't completely have their heads up their asses.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2011, 03:23:36 PM »

That moogle is ugly as fuck. ;_;

And the story seems that is the same from FFX-2, I really can't see anything good from this.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2011, 04:07:37 PM »

heh i never actually played FFXIII(i could probally pick it up for like $15 these days) but i liked the character lightning in Dissidia D12. so whats so bad about the battle system? if its essentially like ff12's i dont have a problem with that.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2011, 04:14:54 PM »

heh i never actually played FFXIII(i could probally pick it up for like $15 these days) but i liked the character lightning in Dissidia D12. so whats so bad about the battle system? if its essentially like ff12's i dont have a problem with that.

Imagine your average ATB, but there's 2-6 times more of them, and you can only control one character and the only real option you can use is Auto-Battle (if you want to be quick and successful). I personally liked it, but it's been months since I was at the 20-hour mark playing it and... I really feel no reason to continue right now.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2011, 04:37:38 PM »

The focus of the battle system is managing character classes in real time during battle.

Instead of casting cure you switch to a paradigm that has a healer and that character will do the healing. If you need haste you switch to a team that has a synergist, etc, etc.
Basically you choose the roles and let the characters do their jobs. You control one of the characters manually (think Persona 3) but since the pace of the battles is so fast you can choose auto-battle. This simplifies things because you can use several comands per turn (untill you fill all the segments of that blue bar) and selecting several attacks manually every few seconds can be too much. Some times you'll need to do things manually of course, comands like death, libra, summons and many others are never used by the AI.

It's kinda like the gambits in FFXII but without all the micro-management. In XII if you wanted to create a healer you had to create all the appropriate gambits (cast cure on a character with less than 50% hp, use phoenix down on dead character, etc). Here the AI does all the things you expect it to do within each role.

Then there's the fact that each type of attack will consume a different number of bar segments and stagger. If you manage to fill an enemy's stagger bar by chaining lots of attacks appropriately you'll have the enemy at your mercy. Some monsters are virtually invulnerable untill you stagger them, others will probably die before you even stagger them.
Not only can you stagger bosses but unlike most FF games status ailments also work on them.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2011, 05:27:54 PM »

The end of the teaser trailer, did I see the hand of titan coming down towards you?

The ONLY thing I want out of XIII-2 is the ability to roam all of pulse and fight extraordinarily large Pulse Fal'Cie. That's IT. If they give me that, I'm in. $60 and all.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2011, 05:43:07 PM »

sounds sorta similar to lighting in D12 if playing rpg mode.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2011, 06:40:30 PM »

The end of the teaser trailer, did I see the hand of titan coming down towards you?

The ONLY thing I want out of XIII-2 is the ability to roam all of pulse and fight extraordinarily large Pulse Fal'Cie. That's IT. If they give me that, I'm in. $60 and all.

Fighting the titan would be cool.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2011, 07:13:33 PM »

Trailer was a gigantic yawn.  I expect FFXIII-2 to go something like this:

DADS ARE TOUGH
I WONT BE BOUND BY DESTINY
I WILL BE THE HERO MY DESTINY MAKES ME
STOP IT YOU CANT DO THAT
WE ARE THE HEROES

*combat*

*paradigm shift*