Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 02:12:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334822 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 105 Print
Author Topic: The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread  (Read 107980 times)
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2011, 12:41:01 PM »

Does anyone miss the simple but Iconic designs of the older final fantasies?

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2011, 12:54:11 PM »

I do.
Also, when they modernize the old characters, they make them look ridiculous. Have you seen the 3D Kefka and Butz? What the crap.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2011, 04:05:39 PM »

what do you consider old? the first FF that i felt had cool looking characters was FF8 or FFT. but if you are not just talking about looks the earliest FF i played was FFV at that was fairly light hearted at times same goes for FF9.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 02, 2011, 01:24:04 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_ez3K0GgqE&feature=player_embedded

For anyone who worried about a lack of Lightning.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: July 02, 2011, 06:06:55 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_ez3K0GgqE&feature=player_embedded

For anyone who worried about a lack of Lightning.

I don't see your point, we saw that at E3 and it has been posted in this thread more than once.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 02, 2011, 12:57:45 PM »

Except they only showed what, 30 seconds of that at E3 (and the linked videos)? That's the entire battle which I never saw during the show. Or even after.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: July 02, 2011, 02:00:44 PM »

Except they only showed what, 30 seconds of that at E3 (and the linked videos)? That's the entire battle which I never saw during the show. Or even after.

That's not what I mean, how is it related to people being worried about a lack of Lightning considering we already knew about that part of the game?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 02, 2011, 04:32:46 PM »

The fact that she's playable, for one. I didn't see her being player-controlled in the E3 trailer since her part was really short. Then again, there might have been footage behind closed doors like this one was.

(I never actually doubted that she was playable, but after E3 a lot of people complained that she didn't seem like a big part or really visible in the media.)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: July 02, 2011, 05:44:27 PM »

The fact that she's playable, for one. I didn't see her being player-controlled in the E3 trailer since her part was really short. Then again, there might have been footage behind closed doors like this one was.

(I never actually doubted that she was playable, but after E3 a lot of people complained that she didn't seem like a big part or really visible in the media.)

The whole fight was shown at E3 just like in that vid. It had already been posted twice in this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82UWu0anRjA
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 05:49:02 PM by CDFN » Logged

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 02, 2011, 06:15:33 PM »

Again, it was likely behind closed doors because I was at E3 and didn't see it. Nor was I even reading this thread. Either way the one I found was longer.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: July 02, 2011, 06:31:13 PM »

This was featured in the demo that I saw behind closed doors.  Readers have been complaining about Lightning not being a focus of the game - worried there's more Serah than Noel than anything.  Liz was just sharing some footage, what's the harm?  This is a long thread, it's hard to keep track of every single video that has been posted in it.

I think it's too early for anyone to speculate how much of the focus will be on Lightning, a lot of people jumped the gun when they saw E3 footage and immediately deemed her a side character (I'm not accusing anyone here, I'm saying what I've seen around the internet).  We don't know that.  Personally, from what I saw at E3, I was getting the vibe that they were going to go back and forth between Lightning's struggles to Serah and Noel trying to find her.  Maybe people wanted to be in control of Lightning the whole time and that's where the disappointment stems.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: July 02, 2011, 06:38:31 PM »

I'm just saying that we knew she was playable since E3. That demo was behind closed doors but it leaked on the same day.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2011, 01:22:29 PM »

I like the cinematic horse riding while fighting thing going on. It kind of makes me wonder why more JRPGs can't be just badass cinematic fights in general.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2011, 01:35:30 PM »

I'm just saying that we knew she was playable since E3. That demo was behind closed doors but it leaked on the same day.

And I'm just saying that not everyone seemed to know that even after E3. (per Kim's post)

I like the cinematic horse riding while fighting thing going on. It kind of makes me wonder why more JRPGs can't be just badass cinematic fights in general.

Because people hate QTEs.

Seriously though - the Lightning/Bahamut fight is the most impressive thing I've seen out of this game so far. I actually didn't know what to think of the E3 demo (Noel/Serah's parts) because I haven't exactly beaten the first game. Now I kind of want to...

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2011, 02:07:11 PM »

"Playable" is such a loose term as far as FFXIII is concerned.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 105 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: