Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2014, 12:06:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331278 Posts in 13564 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 105 Print
Author Topic: The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread  (Read 105462 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: July 18, 2011, 12:35:30 PM »

Obligatory "There is a website attached to these forums" post:

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2011/1875.html

I always forget that this forum isn't NeoGAF-style (forum over main site)!

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2011, 12:37:45 PM »

I was expecting a 3 month gap like with XIII (December-March). Let's hope that every SE game from now on will be localized this fast.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2011, 02:41:45 PM »

Is this going to be multi plat, or just PS3?

I hope I can play it, because its looking pretty good.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2011, 02:52:50 PM »

Is this going to be multi plat, or just PS3?

I hope I can play it, because its looking pretty good.

Multi plat. You're probably thinking of Versus which is PS3 only.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2011, 03:31:58 PM »

Or so they say... ;)

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2011, 03:38:15 PM »

Or so they say... ;)

I don't see the point of keeping the 360 version a secret but who knows?

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 18, 2011, 04:41:16 PM »

Or so they say... ;)

If it's a more open game it really might be unfeasible (or at least really annoying) to put it on the 360. Depends I guess if the data for the WORLD is able to fit on a single DVD with plenty of room to spare and they can just divide based on story events.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #187 on: July 18, 2011, 05:52:17 PM »

Merged the two FFXIII-2 topics.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: July 19, 2011, 02:24:37 AM »

I recently replayed FFXIII. The story's still shit, the dialogue is jejune, and the characters act like low functioning autistics, but the gameplay at least is now much more tolerable. The main bosses and enemies in the game just require constant staggering and attacking over and over with a few debuffs in between. The marks really made me use the full spectrum of the role system (I ended up turtling the last mark to death to get a five star ranking) and the optional enemies (like Long Gui and Shaolong Gui) are exercises in your knowledge and efficiency in using the paradigm system. There were a lot of missed opportunities. I really wanted to fight Titan, but never got to. It's like a tease or something. Here's this giant ass monster, and you don't get to fight it.

That being said, FFXIII-2 still looks atrocious to me. Noel's design is absurd, and I really want to know how they explain away Serah fighting and Snow not caring. What, is it like:

"Alright wifey, you can go out looking for your missing sister. I'll kick back with a beer, some chips, and fist bump my buddies."
"Why did I marry you again?"
"I looked like Cookie Monster in the ending sequence of the original game. OM NOM NOM!"

Ridiculous.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: July 19, 2011, 02:32:30 AM »

"Alright wifey, you can go out looking for your missing sister. I'll kick back with a beer, some chips, and fist bump my buddies."
"I looked like Cookie Monster in the ending sequence of the original game. OM NOM NOM!"

This is flawless. *claps*
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: July 19, 2011, 05:28:11 AM »

I recently replayed FFXIII. The story's still shit, the dialogue is jejune, and the characters act like low functioning autistics, but the gameplay at least is now much more tolerable. The main bosses and enemies in the game just require constant staggering and attacking over and over with a few debuffs in between. The marks really made me use the full spectrum of the role system (I ended up turtling the last mark to death to get a five star ranking) and the optional enemies (like Long Gui and Shaolong Gui) are exercises in your knowledge and efficiency in using the paradigm system. There were a lot of missed opportunities. I really wanted to fight Titan, but never got to. It's like a tease or something. Here's this giant ass monster, and you don't get to fight it.

That being said, FFXIII-2 still looks atrocious to me. Noel's design is absurd, and I really want to know how they explain away Serah fighting and Snow not caring. What, is it like:

Ridiculous.

Maybe Snow... DIED between the 2 games!!!

OH NOES!!!!!

I mean, we haven't seen him in all this XIII-2 footage yet or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: July 19, 2011, 11:23:36 AM »

Ridiculous.

I'm curious why you felt the story was so shitty? I read your review and honestly I feel like this is one of the strongest stories to come out of the Final Fantasy series. I wholeheartedly like the characters and they feel quite real and honest to me. Sure, they are all very naive, but they are all also really young and carry a level of naivete I would expect of people that age growing up in that kind of environment. I'm not yet finished with the game, so maybe it drops the ball later on, but it seems like they did a really fine job with the most part and I've liked the trajectory the  game has taken.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: July 19, 2011, 12:43:57 PM »

Ridiculous.

I'm curious why you felt the story was so shitty? I read your review and honestly I feel like this is one of the strongest stories to come out of the Final Fantasy series. I wholeheartedly like the characters and they feel quite real and honest to me. Sure, they are all very naive, but they are all also really young and carry a level of naivete I would expect of people that age growing up in that kind of environment. I'm not yet finished with the game, so maybe it drops the ball later on, but it seems like they did a really fine job with the most part and I've liked the trajectory the  game has taken.

I'm actually more curious to know why he replayed the game considering he hated the hell out of it, especially considering the time it takes to complete.

Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: July 19, 2011, 12:49:03 PM »

In the review he actually said he enjoyed it. He gave it an 81%. He didn't like the story though. I guess I'm just asking more in depth as far as why he felt that way about the story. I mean his opinion is his opinion, but I really do feel it's one of the stronger stories in the Final Fantasy series.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: July 19, 2011, 12:59:12 PM »

I have a friend who didn't like XIII's story, but when I finally got the reason out of her, it turns out that she just didn't like it being character driven almost to an extreme. And the database system was just annoying, but I agree on that point.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 105 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: