Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 05:14:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329776 Posts in 13518 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 105 Print
Author Topic: The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread  (Read 104245 times)
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: November 29, 2011, 03:58:33 PM »

Y'know what this game is going to be? Terrible. Just like FFXIII was. Kitase, Nomura, and just about everyone making decisions on the series at this point need to be fired. In a kiln.

No amount of shitty Ezio costume DLC can change that.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: November 29, 2011, 04:18:55 PM »

Y'know what this game is going to be? Terrible. Just like FFXIII was. Kitase, Nomura, and just about everyone making decisions on the series at this point need to be fired. In a kiln.

Crossing Assassins creed and Final Fantasy in ANY respect is somehow extremely disheartening to me.... I feel as though it is foreshadowing for all this game will contain that will make me feel less and less that it is a Final Fantasy in any respect.... I can't really explain it.... I'm not bashing Assassins Creed, its just that in the universe of Final Fantasy there are things that should not be....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 29, 2011, 04:41:30 PM »

Will the Ezio costume be the only thing in the game that doesn't look ridiculous?

Probably the biggest reason to buy it! Except I'd keep thinking of Assassin's Creed, so that's probably not a good idea afterall.

Ok.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: November 29, 2011, 06:44:53 PM »

As little confidence as I have in Squeenix these days; I doubt that even they could fuck this up as badly as they fucked up XIII-1 since I doubt that they need two tech demos of their new dev engine.

Plus Ezio screams DLC and that's what Squeenix is going to load this game down with to milk the most profit off of initial buyers.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 29, 2011, 06:57:52 PM »

I'm not exactly wildly excited for the game or anything really, but I AM cautiously optimistic, leaning more toward optimistic there. But then I actually enjoyed FFXIII a good amount and my biggest issue, how hollow it felt, seems like it'll be well addressed, and I can barely give a fuck about a mainline FF story anymore so this being dumb is irrelevant. Just as long as it's BEARABLE or even somewhat entertaining to watch I'll be fine, and FFXIII succeeded well enough there. Certainly it wasn't SO4 again.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: November 29, 2011, 07:07:57 PM »

Crossing Assassins creed and Final Fantasy in ANY respect is somehow extremely disheartening to me.... I feel as though it is foreshadowing for all this game will contain that will make me feel less and less that it is a Final Fantasy in any respect.... I can't really explain it.... I'm not bashing Assassins Creed, its just that in the universe of Final Fantasy there are things that should not be....
They crossed Assassin's Creed with MGS4.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic, like Eusis, but it'll take a lot for me to buy this at full price.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 29, 2011, 07:09:15 PM »

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic, like Eusis, but it'll take a lot for me to buy this at full price.

It's taking a soundtrack for me. Except that isn't full price, it's $20 more.

(I'll also drop it VERY FAST if import impressions aren't as favorable as I'd like.)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 29, 2011, 08:10:08 PM »

I thought it was Peace Walker, where Snake did a leap of faith.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: November 29, 2011, 08:37:03 PM »

MGS4 had an Altair costume for Snake, I think.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: November 29, 2011, 08:39:20 PM »

I saw UMvC3 in your games played list.  I hope you didn't pay full price for that shit =P

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: November 29, 2011, 08:43:30 PM »

I paid $20, then sold the costume pack I got for $15 on eBay. So overall, $5. :P

Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: November 30, 2011, 01:18:58 AM »

Ok.
[/quote]

They opened with THIS: Final Fantasy XIII was not, despite the claims of many, a terrible game. In fact, it was pretty decent.

XIII was not a "decent" game, and the minute we stop accepting tripe like this is the same minute JRPGs can finally be good again (or the market caves, either would be preferable). It was a BAD game, and we shouldn't tolerate it just because of our affection for a brand. It had stupid dialogue, stupid characters, and stupid art direction. FFX was a DECENT game, but it was not GOOD, no matter how much the marketing has convinced the playerbase otherwise.

The fact is that our tastes can be brainwashed with enough marketing and companies know that. It's why we eat McDonalds food, despite it being abject garbage. It's why we don't demand standards in our everyday lives. FFXIII will be terrible because of the people behind it and the reasoning behind it. Being slightly better than FFXIII will not make it a good game. It's like accepting that $1.23 per litre of gas is somehow okay because $1.30 is the standard. That doesn't make it a good price.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: November 30, 2011, 01:23:41 AM »

Why are you so convinced that anyone who likes a certain kind of game is 'brainwashed'? Maybe they just like the game.

Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: November 30, 2011, 01:35:22 AM »

Because "liking" something is an unqualified statement even for the person who likes something. It's like having an uninformed, uneducated opinion: you can have it, but you're still [probably] wrong.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: November 30, 2011, 01:40:24 AM »

That's absurd.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 105 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: