Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 04:36:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327545 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 105 Print
Author Topic: The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread  (Read 102275 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: December 17, 2011, 11:29:43 PM »

Another thing I loved is seeing Moogle by your side all the time saying "kupo" at the end of every sentence.

I'd say I like that except for how "Japanese" that is. x(
Fucking Vesperia.... nanoja.....nanoja... NANOJA... NANOJA NANOJANANOJA. Dicey KICK!

Also, I don't like how the Moogle looks like it got transplanted from a cartoon, leave it to Japanese where even in something that looks like non-anime models to get a "cute thing".  I would have loved to see another take on the moogle to look somewhat real.  Ah well.. it's a cutie anyhow I guess.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: December 18, 2011, 10:37:25 PM »

I have much the same problem with the music as with the rest of FFXIII's crapshow: It's overwrought, unremarkable fluff. With some exceptionally poor choices thrown in to boot. The whole thing (so far) sounds like the composer is either grasping at straws or listening to executive meddling. "Quickly! That kind of song will be popular with demographic A! Also throw in something for demographic B! Also this was popular in 1997 in America, make sure it gets in!"

Blah.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: December 19, 2011, 01:01:40 AM »

The violin measure in the battle theme was pretty damn good.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: December 19, 2011, 01:49:28 AM »

I have much the same problem with the music as with the rest of FFXIII's crapshow: It's overwrought, unremarkable fluff. With some exceptionally poor choices thrown in to boot. The whole thing (so far) sounds like the composer is either grasping at straws or listening to executive meddling. "Quickly! That kind of song will be popular with demographic A! Also throw in something for demographic B! Also this was popular in 1997 in America, make sure it gets in!"

Blah.

Saber's Edge was fucking baller.
I loved Dust to Dust as well.  I had no issues with the soundtrack.  I think your hate is seeping to other parts of the game. :P

Few OSTs have every track made and lined with gold.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: December 19, 2011, 02:02:42 AM »

I think is better to say that the soundtrack was well made but not all that memorable, that I can believe. And aside from the graphics it was the second best thing from the game (even if not every single track was amazing or anything).
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: December 19, 2011, 02:10:23 AM »

I think is better to say that the soundtrack was well made but not all that memorable, that I can believe. And aside from the graphics it was the second best thing from the game (even if not every single track was amazing or anything).

I could never love a soundtrack as a whole for most games.  Maybe... 2?  Maybe 2 games have done that for me.  If only a few songs are good, perfect.  I thought that's what the point of iTunes was too.

Well, personally, maybe not the most memorable, but some of the tracks did that well enough for me to be quite memorable.  Saber's Edge, Ragnarok, the main battle theme, Dust to Dust, the Eidolon battle, Lake Bresha, the Yaschis Massif [sp?, it was a perky swingy/jazzy tune], and a number of the character themes were really nice, and some enough to make it to my iPod for some nice [lyric-less] listening. :D

Sapphire_Fate

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: December 19, 2011, 02:39:20 AM »

Yaschas Massif was bossa nova. One of the things I love about XIII and XIII-2's soundtrack are how many new genres have been injected into what felt to me a rather unchanging musical horizon for the series. Jazz, pop, rap, metal, techno, blues, downtempo, lounge, trance, classical, rock, ambience. I love it. The eclectic nature of these soundtracks, especially XIII-2's, is laudable.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: December 19, 2011, 02:40:00 AM »

With that said, it was a shame that the Piano Collections for XIII wasn't all that good outside 3 tracks. Is really hard to do something better after the Piano Collections of FFVII or VIII though, I mean holy shit my ears are having sex right now omg.

Feels good. :3 teehee~
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: December 19, 2011, 02:44:16 AM »

Yaschas Massif was bossa nova.

Yes!  Thank you.

With that said, it was a shame that the Piano Collections for XIII wasn't all that good outside 3 tracks. Is really hard to do something better after the Piano Collections of FFVII or VIII though, I mean holy shit my ears are having sex right now omg.

Feels good. :3 teehee~

I loved the piano arranges for 7 & 8.  But yeaaaah... The FF13's lacked... soul?

I love Find Your Way, even on it's own as a song, "soundtrack-for-a-final-fantasy" title aside, I thought it was really pretty.  I didn't like much from FF8, a few popular ones, I do think Blue Fields was a brilliant overworld, and The Compression of Time much like Find Your Way was as eerie, mysterious, and fulfilling, the former leaving me a sadness that made me enjoy it all the more.

What I'd kill more for?  Accoustic arrange.  I think piano are nice, but accoustic are my "ear sex".

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: December 19, 2011, 02:58:29 AM »

I would say there was a lot of tracks that were generic but solid, certainly not bad.
One of the things I love about XIII and XIII-2's soundtrack are how many new genres have been injected into what felt to me a rather unchanging musical horizon for the series. Jazz, pop, rap, metal, techno, blues, downtempo, lounge, trance, classical, rock, ambience. I love it. The eclectic nature of these soundtracks, especially XIII-2's, is laudable.
Agreed.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 03:00:13 AM by Chronix112 » Logged
Sapphire_Fate

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: December 19, 2011, 03:04:27 AM »

Leta's stream only needs two more fragments to complete the game 100%. Rumors are that it opens up the true ending.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: December 19, 2011, 03:33:43 AM »

^That slot machine is so borked.
Sapphire_Fate

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: December 19, 2011, 04:12:25 AM »

Slots fragment acquired.

One more.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: December 19, 2011, 05:03:49 AM »

I don't know about the story, but from what I've seen I'm digging the new battle system. It's the same thing, but with some SMT elements that actually appear well done and quick-time events (I love these in turn-based games). Also, this is the first time I've liked every song in an OST for any game. I didn't even like all the songs in Nier, so that's a pretty great accomplishment on the composers' part.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #779 on: December 19, 2011, 08:32:21 AM »

tri-Ace! Omega & New DLC Alt. Costumes! Shameless Bikini!
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 105 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: