Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 03:01:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332942 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 105 Print
Author Topic: The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread  (Read 106680 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1095 on: February 04, 2012, 10:04:04 PM »

Just saw the side comment on the Summoner's Outfit. Strange, I'm completely opposite of you on that standpoint. I think her standard outfit is horrendous and feel sorry for anyone who didn't order through GS because the SO looks far better.

If anyone wants, maybe I'll snag a few from my store.

As for the comment.  I *hate* the Summoner outfit colours... it's so damned pinkpink, she looks like a 17-year old Japanese Barbie (I can't wait for that military-looking one, she doesn't look as valley-girl).  I DO like the design better of the summoner outfit, but the maroon-pink and white combo of her standard outfit (even if it is waaay generic design, slapped together by 10 different, inconsistent design elements) looks a bit better.  
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 10:16:37 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1096 on: February 04, 2012, 10:09:22 PM »

i just have to say that Mog is like the Jar Jar Binks of Final Fantasy. God I hate this damn moogle.

And Noel is the biggest derfwad of a main character in an RPG yet.
Uh....what? Noel is far more tolerable than the last 6 mains in ff history. He's a nice guy, but is seriously pissed off about what happened. Anyone that reminds him of himself gets a mouthful. I almost dare say Noel is one of the best (male) leads in FF history. Course, no one can beat Ramza. Also, Mog is awesome, (s)he makes me giggle everytime I lob it across a map.

KUPOPOPOPOPOAHFUCKMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!!
Just saw the side comment on the Summoner's Outfit. Strange, I'm completely opposite of you on that standpoint. I think her standard outfit is horrendous and feel sorry for anyone who didn't order through GS because the SO looks far better.

If anyone wants, maybe I'll snag a few from my store.

As for the comment.  I *hate* the Summoner outfit colours... it's so damned pinkpink, she looks like a 17-year old Japanese Barbie (I can't wait for that military-looking one, she doesn't look as valley-girl).  I like the design better of the summoner outfit, but the maroon-pink and white combo of her standard outfit (even if it is waaay generic design, slapped together by 10 different, inconsistent design elements) looks a bit better.  

This kinda nails my dislike. It's like super japanese pink barbie shit....and emo black boots. It's retarded at best.

Edit:Yeah, anyone else feeling that whole "radiant historia" feel here. It's like where I would hava seen radiant historia as a console title. It works, just makes me miss historia again
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 10:36:32 PM by D. tnegA » Logged

TASTY!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1097 on: February 05, 2012, 12:08:56 AM »

Sorry for double posting but this required its own post.

FXIII-2 finally went whete movies went 20 years ago. They Bill and Ted'd the game. I will not share how, or when, but wait for it and imagine bogus journey, when they get to the end of the movie and finish fighting the "evil us's". You will never take ff seriously again.

TASTY!
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1098 on: February 05, 2012, 04:14:48 AM »

Why wasn't XIII-2 the original XIII?

I wish more people had played XIII-2 and given it a chance but due to the sour taste of FFXIII many have given up on the series.

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1099 on: February 05, 2012, 08:01:33 AM »

The battle system is still ass, and that for me is heartbreaking. They fixed a lot, but the core of the game is still broken. Sad part is, Ill still buy it...

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1100 on: February 05, 2012, 08:26:38 AM »

I wish more people had played XIII-2 and given it a chance but due to the sour taste of FFXIII many have given up on the series.
[/quote

No offense Laz, but you are Kay have rather awful taste at times and tend to like games for more...unsavoury reasons. :P Besides, I gave up on the FF series way before XIII.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1101 on: February 05, 2012, 11:26:26 AM »

[/quote

No offense Laz, but you are Kay have rather awful taste at times and tend to like games for more...unsavoury reasons. :P Besides, I gave up on the FF series way before XIII.

Goosey said that while speaking *through* Laz.

I kinda like the battle system of XIII for being different and operating on different roles made it feel like a matter of quick-thinking tactics.  As an FF, it's a bit too different.  But as a stand alone, I kinda dig on it.

I think the monster stuff wasn't handled too well, it seems to make a point by having them weaker than you.... but I'm still near the start (finished Yaschas[sp?]) and the monsters are meant to be shite.

Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1102 on: February 05, 2012, 12:58:16 PM »

The battle system is still ass...

That's putting it lightly. The Paradigm system is my least favorite battle system because there is no involvement whatsoever. Even the new feature of being able to capture monsters is essentially a shallow addition considering it's just adding another character that you have no real control over.

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1103 on: February 05, 2012, 02:43:17 PM »

Nuh uh.

Goosey said that while speaking *through* Laz.

I kinda like the battle system of XIII for being different and operating on different roles made it feel like a matter of quick-thinking tactics.  As an FF, it's a bit too different.  But as a stand alone, I kinda dig on it.

I think the monster stuff wasn't handled too well, it seems to make a point by having them weaker than you.... but I'm still near the start (finished Yaschas[sp?]) and the monsters are meant to be shite.

If Final Fantasy XIII was a new IP instead,it would have been Square's newest hit franchise and would have received much more praise.

As for monsters I wanted control over them but since that didn't happen I just had to rely on the AI.Some of my favorite monsters so far are the Chocobos,Omega,Flanitor, and one surprise monster you get from Vile Peaks.

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1104 on: February 05, 2012, 05:33:40 PM »

FXIII-2 finally went whete movies went 20 years ago. They Bill and Ted'd the game. I will not share how, or when, but wait for it and imagine bogus journey, when they get to the end of the movie and finish fighting the "evil us's". You will never take ff seriously again.

Damn, that's some serious hate for someone who, up until this point seemed to be liking the game. Now I'm seriously worried. Then again, it seems that FFXIII-2 isn't taking itself quite as seriously as many other games in the franchise.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1105 on: February 05, 2012, 08:44:52 PM »

I'm curious too, you were singing praises for this just a few posts before your last one. Could you put it in spoiler tags?
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1106 on: February 05, 2012, 09:27:03 PM »

I HAVE SUMMONER OUTFIT/GENJI BOW CODES.  If anyone wants 'em, PM me. Why? Cuz I could.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1107 on: February 05, 2012, 10:14:31 PM »

The monster implementation is poor; but for the opposite reasons of what you've stated. Monsters are far, far stronger than Noel or Serah for quite some time. I'm pretty late in the game now and they're 'just' now starting to catch up to the Flanborg's HP total. And that's with +HP% accessories. Keep in mind I've just maxed out a class at 99 at have at least 40-60 in every other class. They're still no where near matching it's power or magic value. And I gained this monster and raised it pre-Chapter 3 Part 2.

Really I have to raise an eyebrow at the 'no involvement' claim regarding the Paradigm system. It holds no water. You're basically playing 'commander' as opposed to playing 'soldier'. Just because you're operating a different aspect of the battle doesn't mean you're any more or less involved. Additionally considering how chaotic some battles can be (keeping a strict eye on HP, Combo %, and Status Effect gauges all in tandem while having to swiftly shuffle between item and ability menus and leader changes is anything but 'automatic'), saying the battle plays itself is an outright lie.

And before anyone tries to claim the Auto selection is always optimal; that is pretty much the statement of someone who hasn't gotten their hands dirty with the more challenging battles. And 'Auto' Commander will often use Ruin instead of rushing in and 'launching' the boss you need to stay airborne in order to keep up your combo just a tiny bit longer. An 'Auto' Synergist will often use individual target spells because the AI thinks 1 Slot Single Target > 3 Slot Party Target in terms of action priority; when using a swift Protectega due to having a full 5 ATB bar and taking advantage of only needing one more charge to cast Shellga immediately after is a far better option in a pinch. An 'Auto' Saboteur will fill up the entire ATB bar with a single debuff spell, casting Deprotect 5 times over even when the first two are more than effective enough to ensure the debuff sticks; when by manually controlling it you can get three debuffs in for the same 'price' that auto would inflict one.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 05, 2012, 10:28:27 PM »

Yeah, it's still enjoyable because you have to actively keep juggling paradigms in tougher battles, or even to just optimize performance in easier battles. I think it's a more valid complaint for FFXIII where, once you set up good gambits, can practically doze off in a non-boss fight.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1109 on: February 05, 2012, 11:05:23 PM »

No no no no no, it's not hate, it's hillarity. Seriously, you just gotta see the whole part I'm talking about. All I could think was  "after I get out of this cage, I will leave myself a key" promptly followed by a key magically appearing in bad guy's hand. It was pure gold how fucking stupid it was. FFXIII-2 is a little less jokey about it, but you just have to imagine noel as a young keanu reeves beforehand.

Pretty sure I'm close to the end now btw, all my lvls are past 40, capped their main class, and have like 6 different chocobos. Btw, not really spoilers, but as I found by (as always) lobbing mog around for no good reason...

Academia, 4xx, when you get into big sciencey room, throw mog at big green glowy thing. You can thank me with gifts if needed.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 105 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: