Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 04:43:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340879 Posts in 13930 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 105 Print
Author Topic: The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread  (Read 111546 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1170 on: February 08, 2012, 12:59:53 AM »

You can read the datalog after beating the game, it elaborates on what happened somewhat. I know you're right, but it just looked so not what you said.

Besides, I think I figured it out (using my ultimate mgs logic). If I kill the lieutenant Almodar before he becomea a lieuetenant, I will create a time paradox and the colonel will tell me I've changed the future. He'll also force me to restart, but I'm working on that part still...

Edit: Just downloaded the lightning dlc. Fuck balls, I thought it was fight them once and get them. Easy enough fight, but it takes a while :(. Add to that capped crystarium and any cash I get going to crystals for odin, and this is just a serious case of mindless grinding. Ah well, do want lightning on mah team, she is so fine. Amodar...has a minigun, but gold chocobird is gold and has over 1k attack, plus great everything else. Tough call.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 01:50:17 AM by D. tnegA » Logged

TASTY!
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1171 on: February 08, 2012, 02:47:00 AM »

BAH!!  I want the Assassin's Creed outfit. :(
And Serah's other outfit that isn't pink.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1172 on: February 08, 2012, 02:53:59 AM »

I just platinumed the game and I really seem to like it... Except for the ending, a number of ultra-cheesy dialogues, the lower image quality, and reused enemies. The game is fun and the story is serviceable for me.

I find Noel to be a good character actually, and his theme song is fantastic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcLetgnrcIo

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1173 on: February 08, 2012, 03:54:43 AM »

Question, does the ost appear all in moon runes when imported off the disc? I put the whole 4 disc soundtrack on my ps3, and it's all in japanese.

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: February 08, 2012, 04:01:08 AM »

Question, does the ost appear all in moon runes when imported off the disc? I put the whole 4 disc soundtrack on my ps3, and it's all in japanese.

On iTunes the primary results from GraceNotes were in Japanese, but there's a secondary one that's (mostly) in English, only a few of the composers being left in Japanese. Maybe you should rip on your PC then copy over to the PS3 via a thumb drive or whatever?
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1175 on: February 08, 2012, 04:06:55 AM »

Meh, already put my 4 faves on my phone (aka music listening device) so am good now. As long as I have "Ruler of Time and Space" to listen too, all is well.

TASTY!
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1176 on: February 08, 2012, 10:04:49 AM »

Noel is by a mile the most pleasant surprise in this game. I don't think anyone expected him to be such a good character.
(#2 is how well the monsters work with the gameplay.)

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1177 on: February 08, 2012, 11:24:05 AM »

While I agree the monster system is not half bad and this is technically a swing at the proverbial 'low hanging fruit' I have to say I think it works to XIII-2's detriment.

The power system of monsters is unbalanced. They start off pretty weak, very quickly become far more powerful than your MCs for about 80% of the game; temporarily dip down into 'slightly weaker' once you start hitting Lv. 99 in most of your classes, then become vastly stronger again once you start utilizing infusions. There is no sense of progression or balance at all; it's pretty much a grab bag of mixed random messes. Honestly it's a small miracle it didn't turn out as a steaming pile rather than the 'fairly good' it is.

Secondly, as a personal note, I typically hate it when developers force 'You must use the monster' systems into their games. If I want to play with monsters I'll go play Pokemon. Additionally it feels like a crutch so the writers don't have to include more characters; which might be a good excuse if Serah and Noel were these 'deep, story-intensive, study them at a college literary course' characters. But they're not. And there are plenty of opportunities for a third human to tag along with the group. Any of the four from the starting village for example; or even Alyssa. Hell, even Snow and Hope could count.

They already travel through time. And the whole 'but if they don't do X and Y instead of traveling with you it creates a plot hole' doesn't work because it's a time traveling game. I.E; pick up Hope at 12:52.0 p.m in 100 AF; you can visit him at all the plot relevant points at future dates since at the very end of the game, right before all the time gates close, you send him back for one last trip all the way back to 100 AF at 12:52.1 pm. Time loop closed.

Lazy, lazy writers. :-P
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1178 on: February 08, 2012, 12:49:47 PM »

The monster system in XIII-2 is way more Shin Megami Tensei than Pokemon.
(Thankfully.)

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Sapphire_Fate

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1179 on: February 08, 2012, 01:11:14 PM »

People don't seem to realize that so comparing it to Pokemon is the next best thing, even if it's pretty off.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1180 on: February 08, 2012, 02:00:29 PM »

You all are misreading the context. I did not say 'This is like Pokemon'. I said 'if I want to play an RPG controlling a monster I'll play Pokemon'.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1181 on: February 08, 2012, 02:41:35 PM »

Silly question; where the hell is that second gate in Augusta Tower? I thought maybe it would unlock upon the Paradox ending as I haven't seen a single one show up on my map at all, but it didn't. So what am I missing? XP
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1182 on: February 08, 2012, 08:25:53 PM »

Silly question; where the hell is that second gate in Augusta Tower? I thought maybe it would unlock upon the Paradox ending as I haven't seen a single one show up on my map at all, but it didn't. So what am I missing? XP
Take the elevator down to floor 49 after you beat the relevant boss. I assume you are referring to Augusta tower 200af, right?

Anybody wanna share some omega dlc codes with me? I wanna fight something hard now, hell the shaolong Gui wasn't that hard once I played with some good sentinel paradigm switches. Nothing like ultima going from 4-5k down to 1.5k in a quick stroke. Now Yomi was a fun hard fight. Prick bounced around for a solid 18 minutes throwing everything but a moogle at me, and then followed up with random spats of standing perfectly still to gloat while his shield cured ludicrous amounts damage and blocked everything. Fun times.

TASTY!
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1183 on: February 08, 2012, 08:42:54 PM »

Yeah; I don't know how I missed it but I did.

*sigh* 153/160 fragments...I really, really don't want to do that Bestiary one. ~.~ I may just wind up giving in an Youtubing the extra content because this is one of the biggest bullcrap side quests. It doesn't even have a % completed for crying out loud...
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1184 on: February 08, 2012, 09:02:27 PM »

Lol, same here. 153 and bestiary is one of em too. It's okay though, gives me time to power up lightning and odin.

So I was reading some data entries and read the coliseum info, and it says its for warriors of every age and every reality. I think I smell cloud/sephiroth dlc in the future. God, can you imagine the sheer amount of money squeenix would rake in doing that?

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 105 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: