Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 08:02:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334804 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 105 Print
Author Topic: The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread  (Read 107947 times)
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1200 on: February 09, 2012, 10:43:19 PM »

Serah has the best blonde moments ever. Her and Snow make the perfect couple. In the offset chance of a xiii-2 movie, stallone for snow would be perfect, and make serah paris hilton.  Genius fucking casting.

Damn right she's a blonde (er, pinkhair). I mean, c'mon. The cat is her only friend! (actually, anyone who finds a youtube video of that livetrigger will be MY HERO!)

Also, this:

http://youtu.be/1hciUBRAU9g

I just got to the Sunleth waterscape myself. Snow, you are still such a tool.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1201 on: February 09, 2012, 11:17:04 PM »

I kinda wish they would.  The scenes with Snow and Serah lack a lot of chemistry... They act like old friends when they see each other AFTER THREE YEARS.  >_o

I had a thought....

Why do people hate the "juggling role" battle system??
Isn't it common sense that, let's say in FF9, you find the enemy is weak to Fire... then you have Vivi cast "fire" the whole match?
In a sense, I think it's a brave and logical step to just make the battles auto (it technically was before, except you just kept hitting "fire"), but customize roles when battle changes to suit better needs.
I can see that it takes away the dynamic of having only one GOOD move to make (so pick wisely), but at the same time, for the battle speed, this is nice and efficient.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1202 on: February 10, 2012, 12:39:05 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywMHnJJ-KpM

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1203 on: February 10, 2012, 12:39:19 AM »

Twilight Odin level 99 get.

Gotta say though, he's a bit underwhelming. He attacks and moves slowly. As someone else mentioned earlier, he's pretty predisposed to using ruin which takes forever for him to cast, leading to missed opportunities for serious damage. Plus he's really green looking....idk it just irks me. May swap him out for amodar after I level him up. Still at a loss for what my third slot should be in my paradigm pack, though. Should I go for Lightning and have the hottest chick of XIII beat shit down, or should I stick with a medic and continue using noel and serah as double ravagers? I've beaten nearly everything so far, and with the exception of one fight which I shall rant about in a moment, have had no trouble really.It'd mostly be for show and impressive beatings, plus eye candy.

Biggest bullshit fight ever, btw. Caius during one of the paradox ending set ups.You only have serah and a monster, so it's a 2 on 1, but for fucks sake, everything you can do he can fuck you to and decimate you in a heartbeat.He has a really annoying combo that always launches you and stuns while it's in use, so no attacking or healing, he uses blast wave which hits for wound damage, and it does a good chunk of wound damage at that. Then he has two super buff moves, "absolution" and "body and soul". The first one sucks because it removes any debuffs you hit him with, and gives him protect shell veil and vigilance, but the second one is SUPER FUCKING LAME. It gives him all offensive buffs, but the kicker is it gives him regen, and if you haven't noticed regen in FFXIII-2 yet, it's cheap. Unlike every other FF game so far outside of cheating with it in VII, regen doesn't heal for a lot of hp, just enough to periodically save you some healing. In XIII-2, it works like anti poison, which again, in xiii-2 is broken. They do damage at a percent based rate. For arguements sake, let's say they'd do something like 50% health in a 1 minute period. Regen does it as restoration, and when you're chipping away and trying to heal and your opponent has a healthy supply of hp, you're fighting a losing battle. Oh, and di I mention Caius hits like a freight train? His regular combo is about 5-600 damage, but his specials moves all do upwards of 1k, which he likes linking together in succession. Didn't mention Inferno, which does normally 2k, but when he buffs, 3.5k easily.. OH and THE MOTHER FUCKER LIKES TO THROW IT BACK TO BACK. 8 retries to beat him, and I had to turn the difficulty down. I finally cheated and tried a sentinel strategy, meaning I let my silver bird take a beating while I used saboteur and poisoned him a lot. I'm embarrassed as an rpg player and as a man I had to do that, but goddamn it he was cheating. Plus the ending they give you sucked, it was so lame.

Now my arm hurts, fucking ranting.

TASTY!
Tridius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1204 on: February 10, 2012, 04:01:05 PM »

Serah has the best blonde moments ever. Her and Snow make the perfect couple. In the offset chance of a xiii-2 movie, stallone for snow would be perfect, and make serah paris hilton.  Genius fucking casting.

Damn right she's a blonde (er, pinkhair). I mean, c'mon. The cat is her only friend! (actually, anyone who finds a youtube video of that livetrigger will be MY HERO!)

Also, this:

http://youtu.be/1hciUBRAU9g

I just got to the Sunleth waterscape myself. Snow, you are still such a tool.

Here's something even better.

Hope thinks serah is an idiot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-DUeph8lFc

Oh and for those who actually went though the hell hole that was...
Code:
Academia 400AF Would'nt it been better off to have non random battles considering the spawn rate of the cieth was ridiculous. Not to mention you have to go back there to finish the 100% maps quest.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1205 on: February 10, 2012, 04:36:30 PM »

Ahh, yeah that part did suck a bit. On the plus side, you'll shoot up a retarded amount of levels there. Just make sure you have 2 ravagers with some aga spells and you can tear it up. Even better if your commando has ruinga so you can literally cleave through enemies. Shame they drop nothing good.

So I hit a wall in game. Kind of maxed out my characters, most of my monsters, and and almost all fragments.  I think the game is gonna go on my shelf for some r&r for a week or two. Mass Effect 3 demo next week, rape that to shit, then maybe get more dlc if we're lucky for this.

TASTY!
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1206 on: February 10, 2012, 06:21:52 PM »

You don't 'have' to go back there. Maps for an area are shared by all time periods. So you can go through the much friendlier 4XX version and get the 100% map; as it counts for the 400 version as well.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1207 on: February 10, 2012, 06:30:43 PM »

You don't 'have' to go back there. Maps for an area are shared by all time periods. So you can go through the much friendlier 4XX version and get the 100% map; as it counts for the 400 version as well.
Too bad 5xx requires the whole run through. Even worse, when you go for the 100% bestiary, one of the last areas before the boss has a chance to pop one of two groups of enemies. However, after they spawn, nothing will respawn there, meaning you have to rewind the map and do it all again. So fucking lame.

TASTY!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1208 on: February 10, 2012, 07:34:10 PM »

Too bad 5xx requires the whole run through. Even worse, when you go for the 100% bestiary, one of the last areas before the boss has a chance to pop one of two groups of enemies. However, after they spawn, nothing will respawn there, meaning you have to rewind the map and do it all again. So fucking lame.
Yeah, I'm not quite sure what SE was thinking when they made the decision to not respawn those enemies.  They have rare drops; likely they wanted to annoy everyone who was trying to 100% the game with every version of every weapon and accessory.  The easiest way to do that in one run, I believe, is to kill one of the two in the first set, don't touch the second and Retry, kill the second of the two (but not the first), Retry, then keep running back and forth off the platform until you get the third to spawn.

At least I think that would work.

That said, you were ranting earlier about that Serah battle.  That was definitely the hardest battle in the game for me, even maxed out and with the +50% ATB weapon.  Fortunately, I really liked that ending. Read the Fragment you get from it; it's probably Yeul's best ending.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1209 on: February 11, 2012, 02:06:11 AM »

I did, wasn't as taken as by the original ending, though. It was more like the evangelion ending in terms of leaving some hope for the viewer, first one still sucked every fiber of positivity out of you. Most of the paradox endings were pretty cool so far, my favorite still being the royal ripeness ending. Fucking hilarious, mog really hates noel, lmao.

Quick edit: now 160/160. Fuck that bestiary, worst forced task in a game ever. Ended using a bestiary list courteousy of gamefaqs. It helped a lot, as the enemies I was still in need of were everywhere, but there weren't many. Honestly took 3 hours of grinding to find em all. Speaking of grinding, 85% trophy completion now. Juat need the 100 CONSECUTIVE preemptive strike battles, secret ending, 1000 paradigm shifts, and I think one more before the platinum. Have fun with don tonberry btw, took me five attempts before he joined me, and he sucks. On a less important note, I nabbed a chichu. If you haven't obtained odin or a gold chocobo, chichu is pretty win. Also easy to find, if you know where to look...which is right here!

Code:
in archylte steppe, with improved moogle throw, toss mog at a patch of red flowers on the plains of eternity, not to far from the weather machine at the camp. Throw twice, my first toss got me a miniflan figure. Also, pure power to lvl it up, it is worth it
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 07:09:46 AM by D. tnegA » Logged

TASTY!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1210 on: February 11, 2012, 10:08:25 AM »

I was lucky enough to recruit Don Tonberry my first kill.  Same with Necrosis, which was my final Saboteur. Necrosis takes almost as many Crystals to level as Odin did!

I got the 100 Pre-emptive strikes while farming for Potent Crystals and Essences in the Island in Clearwater Marshes.  You get pretty efficient at it after a while. You might want to save though, every ~10 battles, just in case you mess up.  It's especially easy to make a mistake if you've the speed of the game enhanced with the skill you get from 160 Fragments. Saddlesore/10,000 Chocobo steps and the Feral Link Trophies were my last ones, actually.

For extra challenge, go fight a Long Gui with the increased speed on.  It's much more thrilling.  I got hit hard by the Roar that stopped my healing, then a stomp, then an Ultima within some ~10 seconds.

Tips for the Chocobo one if you don't have it already:
1. Wait until you've the 160 Fragment Skill. Your steps are much faster then.
2. The Trophy doesn't ding until you actually get off!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:12:09 AM by Cyril » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1211 on: February 11, 2012, 12:49:56 PM »

I got saddlesore way long ago. Wasn't even trying actually. And as for clock master, that was on for 3 don tonberry fights. Nothing like watching poison drop your health at hundreds of hp per second. Was pretty funny. Also, fuck the long gui, that fight took forever last time.

TASTY!
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1212 on: February 11, 2012, 02:12:33 PM »

Graphical User Interface?

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1213 on: February 11, 2012, 02:14:27 PM »

IIRC, it's the name of the big fuck in the Steppes.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1214 on: February 11, 2012, 02:21:25 PM »

If that's a joke, haha. If not, adamantoise' angrier older brother.

So I was fucking around on imdb looking at voice actor shit and found something kind of funny. Did you know that fang voice actor, Rachel Robinson, is american? Impressive, as she sounds far more aussie than her lesbian life mate vanille, whos voice actor Georgia Van Culyenburg, is a born and raised native of melbourne, australia? I would have pegged fang' va for the aussie native.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 105 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: