Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 11:40:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331575 Posts in 13575 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 105 Print
Author Topic: The Merged Final Fantasy XIII-2 Thread  (Read 105830 times)
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1245 on: February 17, 2012, 07:01:44 PM »

Snow is literally Poochie.

The sad thing is he doesn't die on the way back to his home planet. :\

I don't mind Vanille. At first, I didn't like her at all, but once her back-story was explained, a lot of my hate went away. I still can't stand Snow, though...and FFXIII-2 has made him even worse. Meathead fratboy, indeed.

As I play through the game (I'm in Augusta Tower 300AF...I think) I find myself actually liking Noel more than I thought I would.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1246 on: February 17, 2012, 07:23:35 PM »

I consider Noel to be the epitome of all good male heros in rpgs from here on, and Caius the tormented villian of tormented villians. Fuck sephiroth, boo hoo people said I was different and my mommy was a strange alien looking ancient thing. Meanwhile, and if you haven't beaten xiii-2 yet DO NOT HIT THE BLACK BOX IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING FOR YOU....

Code:
Caius is immortal, and has to live eternally to watch the o.ly person he cares about be born, and live an incredibly short life filled with the pain of seeing everything in time and having it destroy her. He can do nothing, until he decided to simply destroy, not stop, DESTROY time. Sephiroth's shitfaced problem is like having a zit in highschool. Caius is more like being told his twin daughters are both gonna die, and he can save one only by sacrificing the other. Talk about  tragic dilemnas. Fuck Caius, I hate that I feel bad for him

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1247 on: February 17, 2012, 07:41:36 PM »

I didn't like Seph.  He just seemed to be on a pissy flying voyage around the world midst-retard-attack. 

IIRC, he doesn't have much cohesive dialogue.... then again a lot of the FF character's dialogue felt like this:

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1248 on: February 18, 2012, 01:17:27 AM »

I consider Noel to be the epitome of all good male heros in rpgs from here on, and Caius the tormented villian of tormented villians. Fuck sephiroth, boo hoo people said I was different and my mommy was a strange alien looking ancient thing. Meanwhile, and if you haven't beaten xiii-2 yet DO NOT HIT THE BLACK BOX IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING FOR YOU....

Code:
Caius is immortal, and has to live eternally to watch the o.ly person he cares about be born, and live an incredibly short life filled with the pain of seeing everything in time and having it destroy her. He can do nothing, until he decided to simply destroy, not stop, DESTROY time. Sephiroth's shitfaced problem is like having a zit in highschool. Caius is more like being told his twin daughters are both gonna die, and he can save one only by sacrificing the other. Talk about  tragic dilemnas. Fuck Caius, I hate that I feel bad for him

I still think the best villain was DO NOT HIT THE BLACK BOX IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING FOR YOU....
Code:
The Shadowlord simply because he's also the main character and both of them are doing the exact same thing for the exact same reasons which ends up fucking everybody over in the process (although really if Albert Wesker hadn't been such a pompous douche to begin with the game would've had the good ending instead of the Emil's head rolling through the wasteland ending).

Meanwhile, Ol' Sephy was basically Jenova's puppet while she was looking to score some sweet DBZ power levels off of the lifestream or something.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1249 on: February 18, 2012, 09:44:27 AM »

Code:

I still think the best villain was DO NOT HIT THE BLACK BOX IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING FOR YOU....
Code:
The Shadowlord simply because he's also the main character and both of them are doing the exact same thing for the exact same reasons which ends up fucking everybody over in the process (although really if Albert Wesker hadn't been such a pompous douche to begin with the game would've had the good ending instead of the Emil's head rolling through the wasteland ending).

Meanwhile, Ol' Sephy was basically Jenova's puppet while she was looking to score some sweet DBZ power levels off of the lifestream or something.

Yeah, I'll agree with this.

I've played through the demo but I cant bring myself to buy this game. I'm so cautious of FF as a series and even more so of the direct sequels. I know most of you like it...
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1250 on: February 19, 2012, 01:16:38 PM »

FFXIII-2: Captain Cryptic needs to die
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1251 on: February 20, 2012, 06:31:29 AM »

It doesn't look fun but it doesn't seem too hard nor time consuming is it ?

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1252 on: February 20, 2012, 08:26:53 AM »

It doesn't look fun but it doesn't seem too hard nor time consuming is it ?
The quiz machines are WAY worse. Cryptic was just annoying to find. Get a chocobo and it's pretty easy.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1253 on: February 20, 2012, 01:35:12 PM »

Even with a guide it can take a while since is pretty tedious, and with how frustrating some puzzles can get it almost feels that this is Square Enix saying "Say... you didn't like FFXIII? Well, take this puzzles and chanllenges with bizarre questions that Final Fantasy fans can't fully understand and try have fun with it. Also go fuck yourself."

Either way, we have the marvel of technology in our hands and the Final Fantasy community is not small so they did this: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=357148

To find the answer to a random question just press ctrl+f and search.

I'm having a hard time finding Captain Cryptic. Sometimes NPCs will not give a clue for a long time in where can you find his ass and sometimes the clues are vague... and what else? Oh yes, I'm doing the paradox endings now along with getting others fragments I didn't get before. So far the "Mischievous Mog's Marvelous Plan with Flan" is pretty much the best ending, I liked how obvious it was that the voice actors where having fun recording that scene.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1254 on: February 20, 2012, 02:07:22 PM »

Somehow I got stuck for quite some time (a week) between episodes 3 and 4, trying to get back into the Void Beyond after the Mutantomato battle. Void Beyond seems to have become a very big problem for people, and there's many who have litterally restarted their games from the beginning because of it. They need to allow access back into it. Thankfully, I was able to get back there through Yaschas Massif 1XAF. I'm now in Acadamia and WTF!!!

I was playing Acadamia late last night, and started falling asleep while playing, boy did I have some FUCKED UP DREAMS!

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1255 on: February 20, 2012, 03:05:07 PM »

Academia(the regular, not X version) is amazing. Felt like walking around in a Blade Runner city, if not Coruscant.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1256 on: February 20, 2012, 04:00:05 PM »

I can't believe people are bitching about cryptic's quizes. Try finishing the bestiary without help. The quizes suck, but the bestiary is murderous. That took me 2 days of extended play to find every monster.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1257 on: February 20, 2012, 07:56:20 PM »

It seems that there is going to be a piece of cosmetic DLC for XIII-2 that has something to do with Mass Effect.

Kinda ironic and weird collaboration after what Bioware said about JRPGs in the past. But hey, if it is as nice as the costume of Ezio of AC: Brotherhood for Noel then I have no problem.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1258 on: February 20, 2012, 08:30:13 PM »

Hope they won't be system related. I got xiii-2 on ps3, but mass effect 3 will be finished on my xblox. I love xiii-2 and all, but I won't start my whole story of mass effect over for some silly dlc.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1259 on: February 20, 2012, 10:38:37 PM »

There is a weapon for Serah that is exclusive DLC for the 360, I do not know if is only for Japan or any other details though. But in any case I doubt that this new costume is exclusive after that ME2 got on the PS3 and became a "multiplatform franchise", or something like that.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 105 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: