I am at...120 Fragments I think. Doing the trivia game was NOT worth real effort and I found a FAQ for it (there are some seriously stupid questions (what does Mog want to buy?? How the fuck should I know and why should I care?).
The Oerba fragments sucked, mainly for the Clock Puzzle, but Bresha is giving me a lot more hell for being a relatively big area with enemies absolutely everywhere.
For some reason I keep playing, I don't know why. I would love word on how they're going to finish the game with the ending being what it is. I guess getting the fragments was much more fun than I thought it would be. Funny, you can hate the story so much, but still be curious about "what's next". x)
I also hope
(eugh, I hate saying that word in a FF13 topic) they give you a chance to choose Noel or Snow in the end. A game would allow it if it was a guy choosing between two girls!! The inner girl in me is totally siding for the handsome stranger over dick-faced asshole Snow (the Paradox ending he was in was so, so dumb and served as fodder for why he's pretty unlikeable and narrow -- if he and Serah do stay together, I'd contribute that to a downer ending point).
Has anyone else done in-depth Monster Raising??? I think the heart I have for this game will be over to go that far into it -- that shit is waaay to complicated and time consuming between gathering monsters, their materials, then fusing, then gathering, then again..... Yomi is giving me a hard time, so it's nice to have a monster worth building towards to gun down later.
A few other notes...
- Pat is seriously the weirdest looking NPC
- Lame; the splashing "effect" in the marshes looks like it took less than a minute to implement and really annoys me as a visual nit-pick (especially when everything else is so fantastic).
- Syn > Sab most of the time... these two classes are really annoying to build, emphasized by the fact I don't see why I'd want to waste a whole monster slot on one.
- Are non-Potent items ever really worth it?? I mean, a SEN and HP are clearly important, but it seems like it'd be more effective to at least get 2/3 bonuses for a munster (say for example, HP/MAG for a RAV) even if the remaining 1/3 (ATK) doesn't matter.
- Alyssa's head bothers me
- Hope could potentially be Time Man of the Year many, many times. And this isn't a pun on the fact he skips through the timeline, but the fact that he's genius otherwise... wouldn't mind him coming back with a bigger role in 13-3[?]
- The music in dying world is fucking terrible.... sorry Kokia. Honestly, a lot of the lyrical stuff is kind of annoying and I think is a key factor to why some tunes feel repetitive.
- Did NPCs who give missions and just have no interesting bullshit to say REALLY have to share the same little TALK icon??