Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 06:23:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319791 Posts in 13049 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  MGS, SH and ZOE HD collections announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: MGS, SH and ZOE HD collections announced  (Read 14269 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2011, 08:54:54 PM »

Why no MGS1 or SH1!? That's just silly! Oh well, at least I'll get to play Peace Walker.

Konami wants to "re-imagine" MGS in HD

Personally, I don't care about playing MGS again with hi-res stuff and what not. But there's some hope for some fans that wants to, the whole "re-imagine" thing though, is not very comforting IMO.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2011, 01:43:26 AM »

If they go this route, they better not tamper with the fucking soundtrack.  The MGS soundtrack is WAYYYY better than what Harry Gregson-Williams has done for the series.

Currently playing: Dark Souls II (PS3)
Waiting on: Drakengard 3, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2011, 02:35:02 AM »

If they go this route, they better not tamper with the fucking soundtrack.  The MGS soundtrack is WAYYYY better than what Harry Gregson-Williams has done for the series.

His work on MGS3 was truly amazing.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2011, 06:03:53 AM »

Why no MGS1 or SH1!? That's just silly! Oh well, at least I'll get to play Peace Walker.

Konami wants to "re-imagine" MGS in HD

Personally, I don't care about playing MGS again with hi-res stuff and what not. But there's some hope for some fans that wants to, the whole "re-imagine" thing though, is not very comforting IMO.

I agree that the game is too outdated for this type of thing and rebuilding it from the ground up could be something truly amazing, I just hope they don't make the same BS changes they did for twin snakes, Snake isn't Neo!

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2011, 08:42:49 AM »

ZOE 1 and 2 still look pretty decent, cant wait to rock out to Beyond the Bounds again (secretly of course).
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2011, 09:57:08 AM »

ZOE 1 and 2 still look pretty decent, cant wait to rock out to Beyond the Bounds again (secretly of course).

More than decent, ZOE2 in HD is one of the best looking games you can find, it's beautiful. I'm glad this collection is happening because emulating that game is a bitch.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2011, 10:50:43 AM »

His work on MGS3 was truly amazing.

Don't get me wrong, the soundtracks of MGS 2, 3 and 4 were amazing but none captured the essence of the soundtrack to MGS.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2011, 01:28:50 AM »

With all this HD thing I remembered Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars, you know, the GBA game that almost nobody cared to play because "lol handhelds". I wonder if it could be a wise choice to remake that game for the 3DS or Vita while we wait for Zone of the Enders 3.

A new Z.o.E. game for 3DS or Vita could be pretty nice too I guess. :T

Don't get me wrong, the soundtracks of MGS 2, 3 and 4 were amazing but none captured the essence of the soundtrack to MGS.

I know what you mean. Hell, the soundtrack of MGS is my favorite; Blast Furnace and The Best Is Yet To Come? First time I hear those track my mind got slapped, and it was glorious.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2011, 03:25:52 AM »

Blast Furnace is fucking epic and The Best is Yet To Come made me tear up.  That soundtrack is almost better than Final Fantasy Tactics.

Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2011, 05:19:08 PM »

Silent Hill in HD? About time, shame about SH1 not being a part of the package though.

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2011, 05:37:19 PM »

Just to be sure, but it was true that thing that they were going to re-record the voice acting for the Silent Hill collection?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2011, 06:39:00 PM »

Just to be sure, but it was true that thing that they were going to re-record the voice acting for the Silent Hill collection?

Yes, development staff have confirmed it.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2011, 07:23:44 PM »

With all this HD thing I remembered Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars, you know, the GBA game that almost nobody cared to play because "lol handhelds". I wonder if it could be a wise choice to remake that game for the 3DS or Vita while we wait for Zone of the Enders 3.

A new Z.o.E. game for 3DS or Vita could be pretty nice too I guess. :T

I thought I was the only one who still cared about that game. I'd love to see a remake someday, or at least a sequel in the same vein. Doubt it'll happen, but I can dream.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2011, 08:26:33 AM »

Unlike ZOE and MGS the SH collection is PS3 exclusive, it's actually part of sony's Classics HD series. No idea why.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-07-26-silent-hill-hd-collection-release-window

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2011, 01:26:10 PM »

I feel torn because of this. My gf and I bought a PSP 8 months ago and I have yet to play a game on it. MGS: Peace Walker was basically the only game I'm really interested in, and I was within DAYS of playing it. But ya know what? The PSP control stick HURTS, and the handheld just feels awkward (especially compared to my new 3DS). So now I may have to wait it out and get it for 360... play it on a big boy system, like it was always meant to be.

I'd also love to play MGS2 again, and in HD. I really have great memories of that game. MGS3 I was never all that interested in... Boss's endless bullshit started to wear on me after awhile, and the jungle got kind of repetitive. But Peace Walker and MGS2 HD? HELL YEAH!

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: