Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 09:35:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331356 Posts in 13571 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  MGS, SH and ZOE HD collections announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: MGS, SH and ZOE HD collections announced  (Read 14974 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 10:15:28 AM »

ZoE collection, day 1.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 02:47:53 PM »

I'm surprised sony didn't demand for PW to be a part of the PSP remaster series, the game would've sold well on its own, that is a very nice package indeed.

Maybe they put PW on PSN later, who knows.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 12:44:52 AM »

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/03/kojima_qa/
I'm curious if MGS2 is gonna be substance or not.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2011, 05:23:11 AM »

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/03/kojima_qa/
I'm curious if MGS2 is gonna be substance or not.

Considering that they'll use MGS subsistence and ZOE2 anubis SE, it would be stupid not to use substance.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 12:10:31 AM »

I'm glad these were all announced but I kinda wished that Silent Hill 4 was included.  It was a great game in the series even though it wasn't meant to be part of the series.  I'll gladly pay for all these games again even though I already own them and I can Transfar my PS2 saved data to the HD Collections?  Awesome :)

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 03:31:30 AM »

I'm surprised sony didn't demand for PW to be a part of the PSP remaster series, the game would've sold well on its own, that is a very nice package indeed.

It might actually explain Kojima's Twitter post about a year of effort being wasted, all that time porting Peace Walker and programming Transfarring only for Sony to offer what is mostly the same exact thing to everyone? That's gotta sting.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 04:51:35 AM »

It might actually explain Kojima's Twitter post about a year of effort being wasted, all that time porting Peace Walker and programming Transfarring only for Sony to offer what is mostly the same exact thing to everyone? That's gotta sting.

It might, yeah.
Looks like ZOE wil be indeed 1080p. If ZOE2 is 1080p with a solid 60fps consider me impressed.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:02:18 AM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 09:22:30 AM »

I saw this on the site of the HD Collections: "*Digital Download Versions are planned to be distributed via PlayStationŽStore, Xbox LiveŽ ARCADE"

So, it seems that if someone want a game in particular from this collection you can do it with no problem.

The only thing I'm wondering though, is if the MGS3 version that they are using has the first games in series -- Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake -- because I was lucky enough to buy one copy of Subsistence and that's one of the best parts of that version.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 09:03:05 AM »

MGS PW comparison screens:

http://www.eurogamer.net/gallery.php?game_id=&article_id=1367733#anchor

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 11:42:19 PM »

While the HD looks fine you can definitely see how this is fundamentally a PSP game.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2011, 03:15:12 AM »

While the HD looks fine you can definitely see how this is fundamentally a PSP game.

And...? You make it sound like is a bad thing (or maybe I'm just reading your post wrong).
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2011, 05:20:00 AM »

Well yeah, increasing the resolution wont do any miracles. I think it will be even more noticeable with the GoW games which have a lot of flat low detail textures in the environments. Let's not forget that the important thing here is that people who don't own a PSP will have access to some great games, the visuals wont blow anyone away but at least they'll look decent on a HDTV.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2011, 04:00:38 PM »

And...? You make it sound like is a bad thing (or maybe I'm just reading your post wrong).

Well, I don't want them to have to blow a large budget just to make this look like a decently budget to make it look like a 360/PS3 game, it's more an observation. May give the PSP version the edge though depending on how you feel about the look and how much you value portability, but I guess if you haven't gotten it already the console version's the way to go anyway.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2011, 01:56:36 PM »

I believe I'm going to have more fun playing the ZoE Collection the most out of the three.  Granted, I love all three series so much but ZoE, there is just something magical about those two games.  The only reason people bought ZoE was because of the MGS 2 Demo and let me tell you, my friend and I spent over 100 hours on that demo, perfected it and then some but when I actually sat down in 2001 and played ZoE, I was blown away at how awesome the game was, the only bad thing was that it was a very short game.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2011, 06:34:35 PM »

Why no MGS1 or SH1!? That's just silly! Oh well, at least I'll get to play Peace Walker.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: