Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 12:30:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329958 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  MGS, SH and ZOE HD collections announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print
Author Topic: MGS, SH and ZOE HD collections announced  (Read 14796 times)
Arhkaos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2011, 07:35:54 PM »

Does anyone know where we can pre-order the MGS HD CE in Canada? I've been looking for around a month and I can't find it anywhere... It's not on gamestop.ca, nor amazon.ca, nor bestbuy.ca ... I really don't know where to look... So if you're aware of somewhere, I'd apperciate if you could let me know! :)

I have fury!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2011, 07:51:30 PM »

That's what I was wondering. I was just going to suck it up and pay the extra shipping $ to get it off amazon.com .

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2011, 08:20:53 PM »

And how did all that bussiness of the voices for the Silent Hill collection ended? Konami is going to put the original voices or not? Just wondering because I read that they were gonna do it or something like that but I can't find the artcile in where I read that. Anyone knows?
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2011, 11:22:39 PM »

Does anyone know where we can pre-order the MGS HD CE in Canada? I've been looking for around a month and I can't find it anywhere... It's not on gamestop.ca, nor amazon.ca, nor bestbuy.ca ... I really don't know where to look... So if you're aware of somewhere, I'd apperciate if you could let me know! :)

I can't find it online anywhere

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Arhkaos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2011, 11:44:20 PM »

I can't find it online anywhere

Well then, I guess they maybe chose to not release it over here... And as kyuusei, I'm wondering if I'm going to buy it from amazon.com, though it would cost around 100$US... I'm not sure I'm ready to pay twice the price for an artbook :P Guess I'll stick with the regular version...

I have fury!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2011, 04:34:39 AM »

You can't get Amazon.com to ship games to Canada. It's impossible.

Arhkaos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2011, 01:45:37 PM »

You can't get Amazon.com to ship games to Canada. It's impossible.

Yes, you can! I ordered some Wii games once and the Dark Souls guide without any problem. It only works when you buy directly from amazon.com, though. And it would work for MGSCEHD, too. Actually, I just ordered it by mistake to verify :P You just have to pay shipping plus the import fees in advance.

I have fury!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2011, 03:01:34 PM »

I believe the import fees are a deposit. So you get it back later on after your item has showed up. Happened to me with the Persona 4 guide, ha.

Amazon doesn't always charge them either, which is interesting.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2011, 07:06:04 PM »

Yes, you can! I ordered some Wii games once and the Dark Souls guide without any problem. It only works when you buy directly from amazon.com, though. And it would work for MGSCEHD, too. Actually, I just ordered it by mistake to verify :P You just have to pay shipping plus the import fees in advance.

Well I'm telling you that it can't be done. I have tried seven different times and Amazon has refused me service every time.
No problem with my credit card, just "Oh you live in Canada? Fuck you, you can't have it".

Cannot, I repeat, cannot be done.

I emailed Konami to find out if Canada is getting the special edition or not.

This is like when Kojima went on the "world tour" for MGS 4 - which consisted of two U.S. cities.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2011, 07:07:35 PM »

Maybe all parts of Canada are not equal.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2011, 07:12:58 PM »

Perhaps. Seeing as last year I got Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and a couple of blu-rays from amazon.com last year, it's definitely possible. Same as years before - I've been able to get other games and whatnot. DS games, MegaTen and various blu rays and books.

I don't order from there a lot since amazon.ca = less shipping $, but it can be done. I know not all games from amazon.com can get to Canada but the product page should tell you. Maybe they just find your address undeliverable?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2011, 01:37:19 AM »

Maybe all parts of Canada are not equal.

That doesn't make any sense.

Maybe they just find your address undeliverable?

Neither does that.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 01:38:50 AM by Lard » Logged

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2011, 01:43:33 AM »

Except it happened to me last year. I bought someone something off their wishlist but Amazon told me they couldn't deliver it to the address (a US one at that), so I had to get the person to fix their address associated with the wishlist and do it again.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2011, 01:48:19 AM »

Except it happened to me last year. I bought someone something off their wishlist but Amazon told me they couldn't deliver it to the address (a US one at that), so I had to get the person to fix their address associated with the wishlist and do it again.

It's an apartment address in a city. It's not out in the country. It's not that.

They specifically told me because of "tariffs and regulations" - they have refused to be more specific than that - they can't ship games to my country.

Seriously, this has happened seven times. It's not a fluke and not my address.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2011, 01:13:25 PM »

I don't even know what their address was - out in the country, PO Box or what. It was a wishlist address so I couldn't see it.

They tell you it's your country, but for some reason it's just you. I've gotten many games from amazon.com. I'm nt saying I don't believe you because there's a few things Amazon wouldn't send me. But I find it weird of them to send me most games, but none to you.

Anyway, the collection is on GameStop's site.

http://www.gamestop.ca/xbox-360/metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-limited-edition/311634
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 03:23:30 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: