Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 06:32:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332945 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  MGS, SH and ZOE HD collections announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print
Author Topic: MGS, SH and ZOE HD collections announced  (Read 15089 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2011, 03:29:02 PM »

Picked up mgs hd collection for xbox. ....It doesn't feel right. Idk, maybe its age, but it feels horrible, or at least mgs2 does. Maybe cuz I'm so used to newer metal gear games, but it feels so sloppy. Even aiming feels unprecise and incredibly labored. It's definitely not my happiest gaming moment ever, for sure. Gonna try peace walker tomorrow and see how it fairs.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2011, 05:46:46 PM »

The aiming in MGS2 was never really good, MGS3 is better in that aspect for what I remember though.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2011, 03:45:29 PM »

I remember I got MGS2 for the Xbox for Christmas in 2003 I think.  I owned the PS2 original but I was in an xbox phase because of the origins of Xbox Live and how the xbox versions of ps2 games if there were any, just looked smoother and better but MGS2 on there was a disaster.  I went back and bought Substance for the PS2.  I got the Limited Edition of this for the PS3 just last week.  Once I finish Dark Souls, I may start this, but who knows when that will be,lol! 

Currently Playing-Xenoblade Chronicles
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2011, 04:44:01 PM »

MGS2 definitely hasn't aged that well. A lot of the control schemes and subtleties are really last gen.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2011, 06:47:30 PM »

MGS2 definitely hasn't aged that well. A lot of the control schemes and subtleties are really last gen.
Even snake eater feels a lot more sluggish than i remember. Considering i played the original metal gear online via mgs3 subsistence oh so many years ago, i definitely had a knack for its controls (ranked 450 overall at the time of server close). I may be a bit bias because i'm playing on 360 right now and the controller feels so different compared to a ps3 dualshock 2, but i still think it feels so clunky, even by metal gear standards ( how many buttons do you need to hold down to do a headshot, 50?).

TASTY!
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2011, 01:04:46 PM »

I didn't like MGS3. I don't like jungles, or at least Snake in them. He's much better in installations. MGS1 has my favorite feel, MGS2 is my favorite gameplay-wise...

... oh, and don't get me started on Boss... what a HORRIBLE character. "War... blah blah blah... motherhood... blah blah blah... nihilism... blah blah blah" MGS characters need to keep their trap shut.

Replay MGS2? Absolutely.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2011, 05:16:32 PM »

Then, you pretty much don't like Metal Gear. You just enjoy the gameplay and maybe the interactions that some characters have here and there.

Is not a sin not liking MGS3 but it is kinda weird. Also you can always skip those parts in the game so is not really a big problem.

Anyway, I wasn't really interested in buying this collection other than for Peace Walker but goddamn that artbook that comes with the limited edition is pretty sweet. I didn't expect that the artbook was going to be that huge, too bad that I just have money to buy a $20 PSN card... ah well, you win and you lose in life. Maybe for the next anniversary I'll have money to buy whatever the hell they do by then.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2011, 05:59:17 PM »

Yeah, we already had that discussion a few pages back, 3 is so much better than 2 it's not even funny, specially considering this is the subsistence version with the new camera.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2011, 10:00:05 PM »

http://www.relyonhorror.com/all/broken-silence-hands-on-with-the-silent-hill-hd-collection/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Interesting read on the Silent Hill collection. (Too long to post here)

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: February 29, 2012, 05:31:36 PM »

ZOE HD this fall ps360

Yoda is happy
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: