Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 07:05:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338076 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Always missing out...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Always missing out...  (Read 4081 times)
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006, 12:18:26 PM »

Step down converters are very easy to get hold of now. I recently bought a new one of eBay for about £7.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 06:17:20 PM »

i've always been curious why they dont just release NTSC stuff in the UK?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 08:01:11 PM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
i've always been curious why they dont just release NTSC stuff in the UK?
Because it wouldn't work on the vast majority of their TV's. Might as well ask why foreign games aren't in english.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 03:55:59 AM »

There are probably some legal issues too, like how a game can get a yes from SCE Japan and a no from SCEE. Most publishers do not have branches in all major regions, some strike a deal with another publisher (NISA and Koei), others just don't bother (Working Designs). And Square Enix Europe just plain sucks, but we know that by now.

TVs shouldn't be much of a problem though. TVs made in the past 10 years support 60Hz. It doesn't really matter if they support NTSC or not, a RGB-cable (which costs like £5) will solve that issue.

Suikoden V is getting a European release by the way, it should be in september, though there is no confirmation on the Konami website yet, Contact Data have promised us a reviewcopy (one that I will have to send back within two weeks, bastards).
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 10:42:43 AM »

Quote from: "Ramza"
Sure they're much fewer and the production quality is relatively lower (budgeting etc), but I've heard of some great EU games.

What. like every game Rare made for Nintendo, and Second Sight and Timesplitters?
Fox Spirit

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 11:02:32 AM »

Quote from: "Tomara"
There are probably some legal issues too, like how a game can get a yes from SCE Japan and a no from SCEE. Most publishers do not have branches in all major regions, some strike a deal with another publisher (NISA and Koei), others just don't bother (Working Designs). And Square Enix Europe just plain sucks, but we know that by now.

Or Disgaea. I actually enquired with the European publisher if it will be like the US version... and it's not.
50Hz pal-barred and NO JAPANESE VOICES. When I asked why he said because SCEE didn't approve that O.o

PAL releases, pshaw. Only rarely are they better (see FFIV Advance).

Cellphone ringtones, the Chinese water-torture of our time.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 12:49:47 PM »

Yes, SCEE didn't want the game on a DVD or something equally stupid. But I heard Koei did get permission to leave the Japanese voices in newers titles.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: