Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 04:11:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334701 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  street fighter 3 3rd strike online edition
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: street fighter 3 3rd strike online edition  (Read 2219 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 07, 2011, 04:00:13 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uPuRm9G-zA

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 08:30:55 AM »

Trailer was great. Too bad I already got 3rd Strike for the PS2 (and don't like it very much).

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 08:48:32 AM »

SFIII: 3rd Strike is the most entertaining 2D fighting game to watch in tournaments, I'm kinda excited to see this version of the game in action with some good players.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 09:03:08 AM »

SFIII: 3rd Strike is the most entertaining 2D fighting game to watch in tournaments, I'm kinda excited to see this version of the game in action with some good players.

So true.

I can't wait to get this. 3rd Strike and Guilty Gear:Accent Core are my two favorite fighting games. Time to beat up some people with Makoto again.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 10:03:24 AM »

Trailer was great. Too bad I already got 3rd Strike for the PS2 (and don't like it very much).
Probably because of the steep as hell learning curve and hardcore slant the game has.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 03:47:10 PM »

Also it's good to know that Capcom is using CCPO for its online which a lot of people claim it to be the best online code for fighting games.
I like 3rd strike but played very little as most of my friends were into Capcom vs SNK 2. Only sad thing is that I'll have to learn to parry.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 05:43:09 PM »

Probably because of the steep as hell learning curve and hardcore slant the game has.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Even on the easiest difficulty level I get my butt kicked towards the end once the CPU starts using Parries, and my bro didn't take to it either.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 09:16:24 PM »

Even with GGPO, I'm curious to see how well the game handles lag.  Eating a combo because it lagged during your parry would be enough to turn a lot of people off of online play.  $15 bucks for a remade title to Xbox live is pretty awesome though.

I wonder about that.  A lot of the players who have been around for awhile have already played the game to death years ago.  They may not be interested in playing it again with SF: Arcade Edition, MK9, MvC3, and eventually Capcom vs Tekken / TTT2 out to be played.  Time will tell.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 09:24:18 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 01:27:15 AM »

The dreamcast compo with 2nd impact is pretty much perfect, this is also playable on the ps3 with FBA next. But, i'm up for some online from a commercial release. It was a biatch for me to finish, even on easy!! Not sure about you guys but I think this will be more fun then sf4 was.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 10:40:13 AM »

Even with GGPO, I'm curious to see how well the game handles lag.  Eating a combo because it lagged during your parry would be enough to turn a lot of people off of online play.  $15 bucks for a remade title to Xbox live is pretty awesome though.

I wonder about that.  A lot of the players who have been around for awhile have already played the game to death years ago.  They may not be interested in playing it again with SF: Arcade Edition, MK9, MvC3, and eventually Capcom vs Tekken / TTT2 out to be played.  Time will tell.

I think they are. If you check out Shoryuken.com you'll see that a lot of veterans there are very interested in playing this, especially with the youtube sharing feature and the fact that it's using GGPO for online play. People still play it online via computer. There's definitely a community for it. There's plenty of people that don't like this new generation of fighters. I'm definitely one of those people, but I do enjoy SSF4, just not as much as 3rd Strike.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 03:55:35 PM »

Haha, yeah i saw some of the threads on Shoryuken.  Most of them went something like,  "CASUALS IN MY GAME?  GTFO SCRUBS" or some other elitist reply.

The pc-rom version of TS on ggpo is being shut down so that will bring more people to the console version(s) as well.  Things will be... interesting when it comes out.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 06:08:30 PM »

Haha, yeah i saw some of the threads on Shoryuken.  Most of them went something like,  "CASUALS IN MY GAME?  GTFO SCRUBS" or some other elitist reply.

The pc-rom version of TS on ggpo is being shut down so that will bring more people to the console version(s) as well.  Things will be... interesting when it comes out.

Haha, yeah there's a lot of assholes on SRK. I used to frequent a lot back in the day.

This should please some new people getting into the game that were scared before.

Taken from a write up off Siliconera:

"Then (there’s still more stuff!) there’s the Trials mode. While there are trials that teach you combos for each character a la Super Street Fighter IV, there are also trials to help players get to grips with universal game mechanics like parries. While these start simple (parry a one-hit hadouken), the challenges get pretty in-depth (such as recreating Evo moment #37). While I probably couldn’t ever do some of the later challenges, the fact that they’re even included in a downloadable game is pretty cool."

"Oh, a hunter..."
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 03:17:16 PM »

Yeah, seeing the 10 minute new-features video that the DailyDL has, i cannot ignore this title.  Capcom has obviously put in an incredible amount of thought into what features needs to be into the game to please everyone - casual and hardcore - as much as possible.  It's really sick.  Trials, challenges, screen filters (or lack thereof), easy button setup, GGPO, great matchmaking, uploading to youtube, in-game based achievos, etc; I am impressed.

For $15 bucks, this is easily worth anyone's money if you like the older, faster paced Street Fighter games.  I pretty much went from not interested to day 1 purchase after hearing about this stuff.

I'll have to find my PS2 version and dust up on Urien.

Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 03:24:11 PM »

Third Strike is probably my favorite fighting game of all time. EA Canada had an arcade machine with it and I spent countless hours playing it after work and during lunch breaks.

Day 1 purchase for me without a doubt.

I play SFIV but it just doesn't feel as great as Third Strike. Looking forward to playing everyone on these boards who will play it on PS3 :)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: