Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 02:24:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327314 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  PlayStation Vita Announced (Feb 22, $249/$299 for WiFi/3G+WiFI) + some games
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print
Author Topic: PlayStation Vita Announced (Feb 22, $249/$299 for WiFi/3G+WiFI) + some games  (Read 13968 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2011, 07:19:33 PM »

Seeing how much battery space the battery takes there's actually a compelling case for waiting on a redesign before buying. I could see them improving the hardware to generate less heat and thus stuff in a bigger battery without becoming bigger. Personally, I want to see how the launch games are received, Army Corps of Hell and Gravity Rush would be nice to have if they're as good as I hope.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2011, 07:24:51 PM »

The battery takes up a lot of space because it's a big battery...without some breakthrough in battery technology that's not going to change in a redesign.

What might change is that improving the system's power efficiency will allow them to get better battery life even with a smaller battery.  That happened between the PSP-1000 and PSP-2000.  However that's not something that's going to happen anytime soon.  Probably not for a couple of years at least.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2011, 07:31:02 PM »

Doesn't the battery run out much faster if you're actually playing (More animations and such firing off)? That would mean it runs out even faster than it does in that video, no?
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2011, 07:51:22 PM »

I've seen someone throw the idea of scrapping instructions and making them more into little artbooks/pamphlets. That actually seems like a good idea if you can go and make a digital manual readily readable at any moment, because I don't want them to go for both of those reasons you stated.

Frankly I'm surprised Instruction Manuals haven't been driven to extinction back during the PSX era where they started getting really craptacular and low effort and games have been shoving their instructions into the games themselves through forced tutorials of all kinds (with the advent of QTEs telling you how to play the game as you are playing the game without actually letting you play the game since it's all a glorified cutscene that you can't ignore).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2011, 12:01:32 PM »

So I bought several of the $5 3DS games at Best Buy to flip at GameStop and upped my preorder to the 3G First Edition.  I'm pretty stoked for this.  It's one of the better launch lineups I've seen for a system in a long time.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2011, 01:39:05 PM »

I'm hyped as well. The naysayers won't ruin it for me.

At least the launch has games worth playing.

Also, region free = always win. That's the primary reason I don't care about the 3DS.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2011, 06:11:44 PM »

Seeing how much battery space the battery takes there's actually a compelling case for waiting on a redesign before buying. I could see them improving the hardware to generate less heat and thus stuff in a bigger battery without becoming bigger. Personally, I want to see how the launch games are received, Army Corps of Hell and Gravity Rush would be nice to have if they're as good as I hope.

That'll take a year and will likely see a price drop.

Verdict: I shall wait.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2011, 06:25:14 PM »

As fun as I think uncharted is, it's not killer app haps for me.

I too, shall wait.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2011, 08:21:05 PM »

Maybe they'll pull an apple and invest in fuel cell technology.

Future iphones will use (theoretically) hydrogen fuel cells. And by future, i mean iphone5 supposedly.

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2011, 10:07:55 PM »

Disgaea 3's closer to a killer app... But that's something like a month after launch, and it took until the recent NISA sale on PSN to play Disgaea 2 AT ALL. There's Gravity Rush, but otherwise I could probably stand to wait.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2011, 10:47:14 PM »

As fun as I think uncharted is, it's not killer app haps for me.

I too, shall wait.

I haven't heard great things from it either (not that is bad or anything, but it seems that is just more of the same with gimmicky stuff for the platform) and after three Uncharted games made by ND with the probability that they won't make another one ever again I'll just stop there with franchise. I did the same thing with Crash Bandicoot anyway, and hell, I still haven't even bought Uncharted 3.

Right now Gravity Rush is pretty much the only game I really want to get as soon as I get a Vita, which will not be on day 1 or even year 1. Money is a bitch and my PS3 has me by the balls with all the games I want to buy for the damn thing. *shrug*
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2011, 09:46:34 AM »

Right now Gravity Rush is pretty much the only game I really want to get as soon as I get a Vita, which will not be on day 1 or even year 1.

Eh?  Sony has this listed as a part of their "Launch Window" game list:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/12/22/playstation-vita-launch-lineup-and-details/

So I'd expect to see it within three or four months of launch.  It's slated for February in Japan.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2011, 11:56:06 AM »

I definitely intend for Vita to be a year 1 thing unless the lineup by the fall is completely fucked, but now that it's closer to release there really isn't much at launch I REALLY want to play, and of launch window games only Disgaea 3 seems poised to hit within a month (roughly).
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2011, 12:26:43 PM »

Right now Gravity Rush is pretty much the only game I really want to get as soon as I get a Vita, which will not be on day 1 or even year 1.

Eh?  Sony has this listed as a part of their "Launch Window" game list:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/12/22/playstation-vita-launch-lineup-and-details/

So I'd expect to see it within three or four months of launch.  It's slated for February in Japan.

I believe he's saying he won't be getting a Vita on day 1 or even year 1, not that the game won't.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2011, 01:27:53 PM »

Does anyone know if we are able to hook this lovely new toy to the TV via component cables like the PSP? Thats the best part of the PSP hardware for me..... I do way too much "close" work to stare at a little screen.... Klyde's eyes just can't handle it.....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: