Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 07:32:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338664 Posts in 13863 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Stupid childhood misconceptions.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Stupid childhood misconceptions.  (Read 10338 times)
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 02:27:11 PM »

I thought we could buy money.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 03:10:59 PM »

I was terrified I'd end up in jail through absolutely no fault of my own. I had a vague, at best, knowledge of the law and justice system.

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 04:40:49 PM »

I was terrified I'd end up in jail through absolutely no fault of my own. I had a vague, at best, knowledge of the law and justice system.

This isn't a misconception!!

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 05:18:21 PM »

Ha ha, I also believed my stuffed animals had feelings. I used to try treat them all with equal love even if I had favourites so nobody would get jealous.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 05:21:55 PM »

Ha ha, I also believed my stuffed animals had feelings. I used to try treat them all with equal love even if I had favourites so nobody would get jealous.

Hey, I still do that. They do have feelings dangit.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 05:27:27 PM »

Hey, I still do that. They do have feelings dangit.

Come to think of it, I do sometimes worry that I hug my teddy bear more than I do my Angry Bird plush...

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 05:44:04 PM »

I thought that those lines representing the orbit of planets around the sun were actually giant rings holding the planets.

I used to read a lot of science mags and a lot of stuff was really confusing for me at such a young age, I ended up learning a lot though.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 09:19:26 PM »

I think all of us believed our stuffed animals had thoughts, feelings, and personalities.  What's scary is that sometimes our imaginary friends are more "real" and "true" than real-life friends who are probably "fake" people, ya know?  That's why Calvin and Hobbes was my favorite comic, because I felt like I couldn't relate to other kids and only my teddy bear really understood me. 

And I'm also sure all of us thought we could fly by jumping off the stairs while flapping your arms really fast.  Or that if you tied a sheet around your neck like Superman's cape that you could fly.  I jumped off the stairs a few times as a kid a few times, can't you tell?

And if you haven't had childhood misconceptions about your private parts, then you were never a child... at least not an organic one. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 09:45:16 PM »

And if you haven't had childhood misconceptions about your private parts, then you were never a child... at least not an organic one. 

Okay so who else used to think pee was stored in the balls?

o/` I do not dream o/`

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 11:03:05 PM »

...freakin' tooth fairy...I knew Santa and Easter Bunny were fake for quite some time before I finally grasped the tooth fairy myth...seriously WTF!

Everything's Eventual
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 11:09:55 PM »

A centimeter is 100 millimeters.

A boner just means you have to pee.  Actually, there is some truth to that one haha.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 11:12:39 PM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 11:12:50 PM »

I believed I was invincible. Seriously. One time I rode this bike I had down an old logging trail. The bike had no breaks, and no chain. Basically, I should've died.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 11:14:51 PM »

Until I was about 13, I thought all illegal substances (ie "drugs") could be smoked. I understood that some things were also injected, eaten, snorted, etc. But I thought that, as a last resort, everything could be smoked (I suspect it all stemmed from the crack/cocaine confusion). So I think I went around using phrases like "you smoke heroin" or "quit smoking LSD" in 5th grade.

Yeah...

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 11:50:59 PM »

You could smoke LSD. Won't do shit cause heat destroys the LSD but you could like, light an lsd stamp.

Probably only do this if you're already high.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2011, 02:53:17 AM »

-You shouldn't scratch a piece of carton at night (or make a similar annoying noise for that matter) or the witch would come and get you

-Naughty children are send away to be raised by the Institution

-Eating marshmellows on hot summer days makes you vomit

Oh, and the whole stuffed animal thing, of course, but I did play favourites. In my opinion, my Waffie (a dog) was the president and king of stuffed animal land. It took it's toll on poor Waffie though. He's missing both his ears, his tongue and most of his fur. We've replaced his stuffing atleast three times and he has the scars to prove it. Oh, and this one time my cousin sat on him! I tried to get him back and poor Waffie was ripped in two! Mom and I sewed him back together, but he was never quite the same again. Poor Waffie :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: