Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 01:51:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334510 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon's Crown (Vanillaware RPG, now 2013 all regions) announced for PS3/Vita
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 32 Print
Author Topic: Dragon's Crown (Vanillaware RPG, now 2013 all regions) announced for PS3/Vita  (Read 38927 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: August 09, 2013, 12:15:41 AM »

I feel like even in my PS3 didn't die I still wouldn't be able to play with Agent D.  I'm still on like level 16.  How do you have time for this?
Well, once you unlock network mode you gain levels like they're going out of style. Seriously, I took the score bonus prayer, hopped in a group and did like 4 stages in a row. I walked away with 6 levels. In hard mode,the exp conversion rate is 50% instead of 10%, so take that into account as well. Basically, online mode is where it's at.

TASTY!
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: August 09, 2013, 12:17:33 AM »

I'm going to do all the quests before I bother with chain runs, need those precious skill points and uh...the artwork. Seriously, how did this game manage to get a t rating?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 12:22:38 AM by kofvscapcom » Logged

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: August 09, 2013, 02:49:49 AM »

Network unlocked! Mission accomplished! I actually pulled it off before work and didn't realize it... Just had 2 story sequences and a visit to the stables to get things up and running!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: August 09, 2013, 04:05:29 PM »

So after having to get my toe cut open for the second time this summer, I convinced my mom I could use something to do while I recover and scored some more PSN cash. I'm going to go ahead and bet against all odds that I'm actually going to enjoy this game and start an Amazon tonight.

Reminder for anyone else playing on PS3, my PSN name is also Klutz64
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: August 09, 2013, 04:15:07 PM »

I should point out that if anyone's concerned about me joining them as a much higher level, the level actually syncs down to 35 and adjusts my gear and stats accordingly. So in the terribly unlikely event that I am playing around with a level 70+ character before we finally start playing together,I won't suck all the challenge out of runs.

TASTY!
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: August 09, 2013, 05:29:41 PM »

I picked up the PS3 and Vita version of the game (because why not), and been digging the game. Maining the manly Dwarf, level 35, and got 8/9 Talismans. Been playing with randoms online, but it would be certainly cool with some you, but did not add most of you aside from Leyviur. I'm usually around to game at night if anyone would be cool with that. I believe I posted my PSN on the username thread thingy, but mine is Alcazard0 (or look at the sig.)

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: August 09, 2013, 05:58:43 PM »

I just unlocked network mode before I went to bed last night.

Can you only play with people on your friends list, or is it anyone that has the game?
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: August 09, 2013, 07:18:44 PM »

Can you only play with people on your friends list, or is it anyone that has the game?
Random groups or friend list, no choices for the randoms.

TASTY!
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: August 10, 2013, 06:44:58 PM »

All talisman acquired! My level 26 elf was a wee bit too weak to conquer the game on normal yesterday, but I shall not fail tonite!!

And wow did this game take on a whole new identity with network mode. Quasi-frantic action turns bat sh*t crazy and depending on the variables the difficulty really varies and keeps you on your toes. I'm not gonna lie... I think I was quite the burden to some random groups I got teamed with at first-LoL. But holy-heck is it fun!

Random groups or friend list, no choices for the randoms.

And umm... this is probably an obvious and dumb question but how do I select available friends to play with? I've only done random... As in, I go off and hit continue adventure with network mode going and end up in a party.

EDIT: Forgive me if the answer to my inquiry is in the instructions. I am off to work and can't check ATM. I am not trying to be lazy or ignorant.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 06:48:50 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: August 10, 2013, 07:28:59 PM »

When you wanna join your friend's room, just pick a friend who's ready for joining and jump in. You get a list of available friends and where they are in game, as well as difficulty. Bear in mind that if you aren't in harder difficulties you can't join in said harder difficulties.

TASTY!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: August 10, 2013, 08:05:46 PM »

Network mode is so much fun (even with random strangers) that I keep joining random rooms and doing random maps...and I haven't gotten all the talismans because some of the maps just haven't come up in the random rotation.  It's kind of annoying hopping into a game doing a map I've already beaten like 5 times when there are others I haven't even done once...

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: August 10, 2013, 08:54:15 PM »

Good news btw kevadu, sounds like a 12gb ps3 is being released in the next couple weeks for 200 bucks if you wanna wait for that.

TASTY!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: August 10, 2013, 11:15:09 PM »

Good news btw kevadu, sounds like a 12gb ps3 is being released in the next couple weeks for 200 bucks if you wanna wait for that.

Nah, I already sent it back to Sony.  They claimed they would give me a refurb system for $100....

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: August 11, 2013, 01:00:39 AM »

Nah, I already sent it back to Sony.  They claimed they would give me a refurb system for $100....
They giving you a warranty with it?

TASTY!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: August 11, 2013, 01:32:45 AM »

They giving you a warranty with it?

Hah, yeah right.  I think you have like 90 days or something for a replacement system...

Anyway, back to talking about Dragon's Crown:

I really like a lot of things about his game.  The combat is by far the most technically interesting combat Vanillaware has ever come up with (that hasn't really been their forte, really...).  I love the skills and character customization options.  The loot system is solid.  If I have a complaint about loot it's that you kind of get too much, the vast majority you just sell (and right now I have more money than I know what to do with...).  The difficulty scaling works well and keeps the game challenging without feeling cheap.  The boss fights are spectacular.  Most of them have something to keep them unique and interesting instead of just being some big monster (though there are a few boring big monster types, particularly from the early stages...).  The game has a sense of humor, too...I mean come on, the Monty Python reference is awesome.  And of course the game is completely gorgeous.

But damn does this game need more than 9 stages.  Seriously, that's just not enough.  You will be going back to the same locations over and over and over.  The B routes help, of course, but they still don't cut it.  Much of the stages are repeated regardless of route and many of the B routes still feel very similar to their A counterparts.  Still, they do give you a whole new set of bosses and that's good because like I said I really like the boss fights.

Vanillaware, please make DLC for Dragon's Crown with more stages.  That's all I want.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: