Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 02:06:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331681 Posts in 13580 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon's Crown (Vanillaware RPG, now 2013 all regions) announced for PS3/Vita
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 Print
Author Topic: Dragon's Crown (Vanillaware RPG, now 2013 all regions) announced for PS3/Vita  (Read 37075 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: August 11, 2013, 02:03:45 AM »

Labyrinth of chaos will help a tad there, Kevadu. Random generated maps it looks like.

TASTY!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: August 11, 2013, 03:22:42 AM »

But damn does this game need more than 9 stages.  Seriously, that's just not enough.  You will be going back to the same locations over and over and over.  The B routes help, of course, but they still don't cut it.  Much of the stages are repeated regardless of route and many of the B routes still feel very similar to their A counterparts.  Still, they do give you a whole new set of bosses and that's good because like I said I really like the boss fights.

Vanillaware, please make DLC for Dragon's Crown with more stages.  That's all I want.

That about sums up my only complaint and desire as well, but I have yet to reach the labyrinth either. Labyrinth aside the gameworld/length feels tiny and the narrative condensed in some sense. I feel like everything could easily have been fleshed out to greater length with more environments without feeling even remotely padded in the interest of prolonging the experience.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: August 11, 2013, 06:15:32 AM »

So I got all the talismans and made it to final boss dragon dude...but this guy is kicking my butt.  And suddenly you're not allowed to resurrect people, so no buying your way to victory.

I don't know, maybe I shouldn't be trying to solo him.  But AI companions are dumb as bricks and are you even allowed to do this fight in multiplayer?

I have most of this dragon's patterns figured out, but there are still some attacks (like the dual tornado thingy) that seem undodgeable and still do a ton of damage.  And when the skeletons show up in the second half of the fight...ugh.  It's not like I can't deal with skeletons on their own, but dealing with them at the same time as I worry about all the dragon's attacks is a pain in the ass...

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: August 11, 2013, 08:28:11 AM »

spoiler for final boss strats

yeah you can do the fight in multiplayer. that fights mainly about dodging his moves, you can actually destroy his tornado and 3 falling fireballs attacks before they comes out. Also when he flies into the background spamming green projectiles you can hit them back at him for some dmg. He does have a phase where he heals himself, but if you have the dps and know the pattern he's easily soloable. Plus from what I can tell when you're host and beat him, he drops like 9 s rank items.

But yeah guys, me and agent ds been playing, we're in our lvl 50s.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: August 11, 2013, 04:20:52 PM »

So I got all the talismans and made it to final boss dragon dude...but this guy is kicking my butt.  And suddenly you're not allowed to resurrect people, so no buying your way to victory.

I don't know, maybe I shouldn't be trying to solo him.  But AI companions are dumb as bricks and are you even allowed to do this fight in multiplayer?

I have most of this dragon's patterns figured out, but there are still some attacks (like the dual tornado thingy) that seem undodgeable and still do a ton of damage.  And when the skeletons show up in the second half of the fight...ugh.  It's not like I can't deal with skeletons on their own, but dealing with them at the same time as I worry about all the dragon's attacks is a pain in the ass...

2 nights in a row that dragon bested me after a quick level-up adventure... tonite I shall not fail dag-nabbit!!! I gave up my retro-gaming-weekend-agenda this week to beat this thing so I can start tales of xilia properly, with all my focus, and THAT IS what WILL happen. Kinda feels good to have this sort of grindy challenge at the end of the standard adventure albeit a bit of a jump from the difficulty of the stages.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: August 11, 2013, 09:49:19 PM »

you can actually destroy his tornado and 3 falling fireballs attacks before they comes out

Uh, please tell me how.  I see the green swirly things and fireball drops come out before those attacks, but hitting them does nothing (except put me at ground zero...).

Jesus Christ the tornadoes are annoying.  Last time I tried I got killed just before he started a tornado attack, ended up respawning again right on top of it, and got killed again by that one attack (it carried me away and just kept dealing damage over and over).  From full health.  Fuckety fuck fuck.

Edit: OK, I just wasn't doing enough damage.  I can stop those attacks (well, at least the tornadoes, but fireballs seem to come out much quicker...), it just takes more hits than I expected.

I guess I just suck at this game or something, because I seriously can't beat this boss.  I've lost count of how many times I've tried now.  And I thought the game was pretty easy up until this point...

Grinding isn't even an option because I'm at the level cap already.  I can do OK when it's just the dragon, but then those goddamn skeletons start showing up with their goddamn crossbows and I can't just focus on the dragon's attacks anymore.  Then the side cover gets destroyed (I try to hit back the dragon's attacks but I can't get them all...) so I'm basically just fucked the next time he does dragon's breath.  And that's how things seem to go, every single time...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:19:33 PM by Kevadu » Logged

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: August 11, 2013, 11:42:44 PM »

If you haven't beaten it before you get your ps3, I'll gladly help you out. Otherwise, I advise you to get good at evading. Also, use the life point prayer for that extra last ditch attempt. You could also try obtaining gear with more defensive bonuses, and maybe try the knockback defense item, so you don't get flung by the tornadoes so easily.

TASTY!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: August 11, 2013, 11:54:34 PM »

Don't give up kevadu! In addition to the uber-good advice d offered, do random rooms til you get some decent allies to resurrect and add to your party. I've been finding adding high level caster types and fighters to my party helps me drop the beasts life considerably more before my allies die as a result of their own idiocy. I am sending this reply via my phone from work.... I can't wait to get done so I can get home and beat the snot out of that dragon.... After costing me my secret or mana time this weekend the battle has become personal...

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: August 12, 2013, 12:21:49 AM »

Klyde, I gotta crash in about 30 minutes, but if you hit me with a pm here I'll hop and help you kill it. Just lemme know.

TASTY!
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: August 12, 2013, 06:46:13 AM »

I'll be up til about like 2:30 if nayone wants to play, I'm so ronrey

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: August 12, 2013, 04:27:23 PM »

Well at Lvl 33 Noelle the elf is a hero in the land. Epic Elf trophy earned, Crown obtained, dragon DEAD!!!! I know the game opens up on hard and whatnot but I gotta put this thing down for a spell.... this game is addicting like a bug bit... you wanna keep scratching until it hurts and bleeds.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: August 12, 2013, 07:57:50 PM »

lvl 46 amazon.

PSN is mojotron

I didn't know you could poke that one picture.  It seems like now in hard mode, every picture reacts to pokings... or does that have to do with who is hosting?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:03:57 PM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: August 13, 2013, 02:45:35 PM »

There is one thing that annoys me about the game and that's with my Fighter. Quite often, my weapon gets knocked out of my hands during boss fights and I have to run over and wait for it to be available to pick up.  Is there a way to prevent this from happening?  It quite pisses me off and I have to beat the crap out of the boss with my fists until the Red X is gone.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: August 13, 2013, 02:54:08 PM »

There is one thing that annoys me about the game and that's with my Fighter. Quite often, my weapon gets knocked out of my hands during boss fights and I have to run over and wait for it to be available to pick up.  Is there a way to prevent this from happening?  It quite pisses me off and I have to beat the crap out of the boss with my fists until the Red X is gone.
To be fair,if my weapon didn't leave my hands, this game would be piss easy.

TASTY!
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: August 13, 2013, 03:12:07 PM »

Yeah, that is true.  I just thought there was an item/skill that I wasn't seeing that prevented this.  Just sometimes the screen gets too hectic, that I don't even know my weapon is on the other side of the room,lol.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: