Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 07:25:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338664 Posts in 13863 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon's Crown (Vanillaware RPG, now 2013 all regions) announced for PS3/Vita
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32 Print
Author Topic: Dragon's Crown (Vanillaware RPG, now 2013 all regions) announced for PS3/Vita  (Read 42803 times)
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2011, 02:03:35 PM »

Not digging the female designs but my god, I know who is composing the soundtrack :) :) :)

Currently Playing-The Evil Within
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
harmonic42

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2011, 02:24:52 PM »

I will not jump on the character design-hating bandwagon, I think they're pretty daring, and awesome.

How many games have an amazon character that is that unapologetically powerful-looking?

neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2011, 11:34:07 AM »

DAMN there is already a lot of hate it or love it type of mentality for this game. Me personally? I love this idea and artstyle! Its so weird because I was thinking the other day, how great it would be to revive king of dragons! I know this has no affiliation with KoD OR Capcom but its the same style of gameplay and the red dragon room looks ALOT like the red dragon room from KoD.

Its ok though because this is the image that we think of when we hear red dragon. Dragons collect gold and their lairs are filled with it. Im super stoked to play this game because I grew up with these kinds of games! King of Dragons, King Arthur, Dungeons and Dragons - Shadow over Mystara/Tower of Doom, Gauntlet series. Cant wait!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2011, 11:53:54 AM »

Oh don't get me wrong... I love the art style, just don't like a few of the PC designs.

God that screenshot is GORGEOUS
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2011, 12:25:10 PM »

Oh don't get me wrong... I love the art style, just don't like a few of the PC designs.

God that screenshot is GORGEOUS

I see,

lol which screenshot?
Uru

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2011, 12:28:24 PM »

I like how "Elf" and "Dwarf" are classes, lol. Always wanted to control Bridgette Neilson in a dungeon crawler...

Seriously though, it looks gorgeous and im always down for some dungeon crawling hack n' slash.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2011, 06:43:26 PM »

Having more than one player in a sidescroller beat`em up is not exactly unheard of. Games of this genre have been like this since forever. And it`s not like it`s co-op only, so I don`t see the problem.

Then why is this in the RPG section and not Misc. games, if it's not an RPG?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2011, 06:45:13 PM »

Having more than one player in a sidescroller beat`em up is not exactly unheard of. Games of this genre have been like this since forever. And it`s not like it`s co-op only, so I don`t see the problem.

Then why is this in the RPG section and not Misc. games, if it's not an RPG?

Because it's both.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2011, 07:35:01 PM »

I like how "Elf" and "Dwarf" are classes, lol.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic but I do like this.  It adds to the whole old-school fantasy vibe.  After all, that is how things were in 1st edition.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2011, 07:44:15 PM »

I like how "Elf" and "Dwarf" are classes, lol. Always wanted to control Bridgette Neilson in a dungeon crawler...

The game that inspired this one (and which Kamitani worked on) also had "Elf" and "Dwarf" as classes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeons_%26_Dragons:_Tower_of_Doom

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2012, 09:51:34 PM »

Atlus is taking over publishing and the game is now scheduled for 2013.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/19/dragons-crown-update-atlus-assumes-publishing-duties-for-ps-vita-ps3/

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2012, 11:22:41 PM »

Well, this guarantees a better translation than Muramasa at least.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2012, 07:34:50 AM »

I'm just glad we finally got some news, I was pretty worried when I saw it taken off our pre-orders list at work. D:

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2012, 01:33:15 PM »

I could shout righteous indignation at the odd proportions of the character designs, especially that of the near-naked Amazon, but I'll admit, I checked out the witch's behind a little longer than I should have. 

As long as the gameplay is better balanced than the character designs' body proportions, we're good.  The unbalanced nature of Odin Sphere got to me.  Cornelius's final chapter in Odin Sphere was stupidly unbalanced. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2012, 03:29:09 PM »

I could shout righteous indignation at the odd proportions of the character designs, especially that of the near-naked Amazon, but I'll admit, I checked out the witch's behind a little longer than I should have. 

As long as the gameplay is better balanced than the character designs' body proportions, we're good.  The unbalanced nature of Odin Sphere got to me.  Cornelius's final chapter in Odin Sphere was stupidly unbalanced. 

The Amazon is a bit much, the witch is obviously designed to be ridiculous as well, and the guys are way more proportional -- so the designs aren't exactly my favorite either.  But I think it'll be all about the end product.  I can't wait for a side scroll beat-em'-up... It's been WAY too long (I'm already anticipating it as something I'll spend a lot of hours playing co-op).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: