Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 07:54:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331621 Posts in 13577 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon's Crown (Vanillaware RPG, now 2013 all regions) announced for PS3/Vita
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32 Print
Author Topic: Dragon's Crown (Vanillaware RPG, now 2013 all regions) announced for PS3/Vita  (Read 37006 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2013, 03:47:22 AM »

Gotta say, that looks amazing.

Now the question is PS3 or Vita...

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2013, 04:06:32 AM »

Don't have a Vita and there's not much reason for me to get one really. I end up being more interested in the soundtrack of Soul Sacrifice than the game itself (at least for now).

So yeah, PS3.

Edit: The official website was updated -- http://dragons-crown.com
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 04:19:16 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2013, 04:46:31 AM »

Gotta say, that looks amazing.

Now the question is PS3 or Vita...

I hope they can work out Cross buy, then it'd be a no brainer. Helps that at $60 combined it was kind of appealing to get on both anyway.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2013, 02:18:48 PM »

It's now officially coming to the US this summer.  But forget cross-buy, the game doesn't even support cross-play.  That's kind of a kick in the teeth, since I though that was supposed to be one of them main selling points when the game was first announced.

http://www.destructoid.com/dragon-s-crown-coming-to-na-will-not-support-cross-play-249594.phtml

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2013, 09:29:41 PM »

I'm considering getting on the Vita for the portability and the OLED screen but on the PS3 the bigger screen would make it better to sell all the details Vanillaware puts into the game.

I think for me it will depend on the size of the characters during gameplay.
The thing with Vanillaware games is that they are so beautiful I want to appreciate them the best way I can.

Off topic, I'm glad Muramasa is getting a jump button. I liked it on the Wii but ended up no finishing it, I probably got sidetracked by some other game. Also, I loved Odin Sphere and it took me literally years to beait it, I just wish some bosses weren't so hard, especially the ones that loved spamming status effects on you.

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2013, 09:11:12 AM »

I've noticed that even with handhelds I only play at home so I might as well get the ps3 version. Had a blast going through castlevania harmony of despair with all my friends on release date, hopefully this will as fun.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2013, 09:18:15 AM »

VW games are usually pretty light on stories, I'll consider picking up the Japanese version of this if I see it here.
Maybe I'll wait though. The only problem is that anyone I would want to play with is asleep when I can play. :/

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2013, 06:47:19 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/29/new-support-characters-who-will-be-helping-you-out-in-dragons-crown/

Some details on the game's NPCs.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2013, 12:36:26 PM »

Game Developers really need to stop letting teenage boys design their characters -- Source: Kotaku

"This is the newest trailer for Dragon's Crown, the Vanillaware-developed game that will be out this year for PS3 and Vita. It features the sorceress, one character from the game. As you can see, the sorceress was designed by a 14-year-old boy. Perhaps game development studios should stop hiring teenagers? At least they're cheap, I guess."

"It seems that Mr. JASON SCHREIER of kotaku is pleased also with neither sorceress nor amazon.
The art of the direction which he likes was prepared."
-- Facebook

Kamiya was right all this time. People at Kotaku do eat shit.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 07:25:19 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2013, 01:45:24 PM »

To be fair, the designs are a bit over-the-top even for Vanillaware. But I agree people make too big of a deal out of that kind of stuff sometimes. Anyway, I'm probably giving this one a pass for now. One of the primary reasons I would play a loot-centric brawler or dungeon crawler is to watch my character evolve as I gather up increasingly better equipment. Without that, the genre's stale repetition usually shows itself more.

I'll wait on reviews to pass judgement.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Dincrest
A-class rider (in training)
RPGFan Editor

I smile when I climb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2013, 03:44:25 PM »

One look at the amazon immediately makes me think of the "death by snu-snu" episode of Futurama. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2013, 03:52:40 PM »

This needs to be brought up too.

I think he's generally right, it's just Dragon's Crown might not have been the best choice given it kind of comes off as a teenage fantasy nerd's dream beat-em up anyway. I'd personally worry more about works actively trying to come off as mature that still have that kind of design.

EDIT: Though in a way it's probably still better than some examples. Almost everything's exaggerated, and the main problem is JUST the sorceress, the amazon's way more buff than most designs meant to titillate and the elf ranger's actually the most normal design in the game.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 03:55:20 PM by Eusis » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2013, 03:52:56 PM »

One look at the amazon immediately makes me think of the "death by snu-snu" episode of Futurama. 

They should just be the first game in history to have real time boob size slider-bars and call it a day

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2013, 04:21:09 PM »

I'm only seeing someone crying over how the design of the Sorceress is offensive and damage the image of gaming as a whole (at least in his point of view anyway).

...eh. While I see what he's trying to say as I see it he and a lot of other people are just making a big deal out of nothing. That said, I wonder how this situation is gonna evolve once Dragon's Crown is released.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:45:54 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2013, 04:29:50 PM »

I think it's more that Dragon's Crown is being seen a symptomatic of a problem, rather than the problem itself. It made for a convinent target given how ridiculous the proportions are, even though everyone's kind of screwed up there and as I noted it's arguably better in some ways than other games that got for unrealistic visuals anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: