Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 05:27:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341195 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon's Crown (Vanillaware RPG, now 2013 all regions) announced for PS3/Vita
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32 Print
Author Topic: Dragon's Crown (Vanillaware RPG, now 2013 all regions) announced for PS3/Vita  (Read 44384 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2013, 06:13:20 PM »

Kotaku is just trying to get attention by using guaranteed shitstarter topics lately.
Personally, I think they aren't worth the attention.

Business as usual for Kotaku.  And they definitely aren't.

Kotaku is asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2013, 04:18:59 PM »

It's sad how people like Jason Schrier can get a job in gaming journalism. The guy shitposted about video games for years on various gaming forums, all the way back to gamefaqs. He was basically a common troll that had a buddy get him in at Kotaku.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2013, 07:18:52 PM »

It's sad how people like Jason Schrier can get a job in gaming journalism. The guy shitposted about video games for years on various gaming forums, all the way back to gamefaqs. He was basically a common troll that had a buddy get him in at Kotaku.

Now usually I expect some blather about how terrible Kotaku is or whatever... but not for someone specific and in this sort of way. I'm curious if you can elaborate?
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2013, 11:06:34 PM »

I'm not sure if the character designs of this game are necessarily sexist.  But they're awful.   I don't need characters to look 100% realistic (Growlanser is one of my favorite RPG series after all) so it's not like I just hate all anime styled characters.  IMO The female and male characters in DC just look ridiculous and off-putting.

I'm sure the game might be alright otherwise, if you like side-scrolling brawlers.  However, from what I gather so far it sounds like Code of Princess without a story. 
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2013, 11:22:04 PM »

^NES Mega Man box art is awful.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2013, 03:29:44 AM »

The SMT thread is the one that's currently getting derailed by box art talk.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2013, 04:04:22 AM »

^Are you being passive-aggressive? I just give an example of truly awful artwork to his comment of Dragon's Crown having bad character designs.

Anyway, does anyone know if the NA version is gonna come with an artbook or not?
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2013, 10:33:58 AM »

It ain't pretty, but at least Mega Man doesn't look like he's going to fall over from having ridiculously huge biceps / pecs. 

Anyway, does anyone know if the NA version is gonna come with an artbook or not?

As far as I can tell there isn't any pre-order bonus with this game. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:40:36 AM by daved » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2013, 11:45:03 AM »

And another person opens their mouth without thinking.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551796

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2013, 12:24:58 PM »

« Welcome to XYZ game company. Please delete all your social media accounts as to not embarrass our company. Failure to comply may result in removal of tongue or fingers. Thank you and have a nice day. »
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2013, 01:15:43 PM »

^Exactly

They just seem to think they don't require any sort of filter.

It's mind boggling.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2013, 02:36:01 PM »

And another person opens their mouth without thinking.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551796

From a Gearbox employee, the company responsible for games like Duke Nukem Forever...

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2013, 02:48:50 PM »

If someone like Michael Ancel (Beyond Good and Evil) spoke up, I'd listen to him, because he made a game starring a female lead who was a well developed character who happened to be female and who wasn't designed for the titillation. Gearbox...yeah, no.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2013, 04:08:26 PM »

It ain't pretty, but at least Mega Man doesn't look like he's going to fall over from having ridiculously huge biceps / pecs.

:|

"I believe that the basic fantasy motifs seen in Dungeons & Dragons and the work of J.R.R. Tolkien have a style that is very attractive, and I chose to use some orthodox ones in my basic designs. However, if I left those designs as is, they won’t stand out amongst the many fantasy designs already in the video game/comic/movie/etc. space. Because of that, I decided to exaggerate all of my character designs in a cartoonish fashion.

I exaggerated the silhouettes of all the masculine features in the male characters, the feminine features in female characters, and the monster-like features in the monsters from many different angles until each had a unique feel to them. I apologize to those who were made uncomfortable by the art’s appearance, and did not see the same light-hearted fantasy in my designs."

– George Kamitani

...all this crap comes from people not understanding the intention of the artist (and Kotaku being Kotaku). Then he explains his vision and some people still doesn't seem to get the message.

As far as I can tell there isn't any pre-order bonus with this game.

Hopufully Atlus USA announce something in the future.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2013, 02:36:03 AM »

Oh, for fuck's sake.  This entire debacle is ridiculous.

Dice posted Odette, but I'd like to point out another Vanillaware character, Lujei Piche from GrimGrimoire, is just as bad.  He dress is not-quite see-through, given she's a ghost, and her breasts aren't as exposed but she spends all of her time straddling and caressing her staff, which has her lover's talking skull attached to it. That's a good deal more suggestive than a woman's breasts.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: