Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 10:12:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334494 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon's Crown (Vanillaware RPG, now 2013 all regions) announced for PS3/Vita
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32 Print
Author Topic: Dragon's Crown (Vanillaware RPG, now 2013 all regions) announced for PS3/Vita  (Read 38899 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: July 31, 2013, 10:49:49 PM »

@Yoda
Coming from a straight male to another, yeah you're right. I can only use my limited experience with my sister's gay friends and a few odd magazine articles here and there to back my statement. However, the penis-breast comparison still stands, in terms of acceptable nature.

@Ashton
Shuddap, you doctor face

Meh, either way it's a japanese video game, and only the japanese could come up with such....sexualized content such as this. What ever happened to a guy and a girl, now we interact with a woman using LITERALLY a cursor?

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: July 31, 2013, 10:53:18 PM »

@Ashton: I'm not a prude. Sexuality is fine, I don't have a Tumblr or anything like that, but I see plenty images of women is sexual poses etc. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, they are just images and I proudly support sex workers in their profession (well, as much as I can without paying them for their profession if you get me). I just don't score it any additional points whatsoever when sexual images are interwoven into a game for no reason. The buxomness of these women isn't anything to do with the story, they just come from a universe where all women are in someway like that.

Catherine is a great example of gaming and sexuality melding well.

The fighter is a perfect example of the sexualization of male characters, actually.  Just like the female characters, his broad chest is overemphasized - and, guess what? Many women find broad chests attractive.  Gears of War is another example of this, though people claim it's a "male power fantasy" instead.  A man's penis doesn't need to be half-hanging out for him to be sexualized.  Just as a woman can be sexualized while fully clothed, so can men.

Wizard and Elf/Archer are probably the most normal of the bunch.  I actually like Wizard's design best and will probably be playing him.

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree, though.

Broad chested men aren't sexual just simply for the fact that they exist. The men aren't jutting out their asses and bending over like the Sorceress (while of course keeping the boobs in shot), are they? I never claimed that a mans penis had to be out, a penis is just a penis and boobs are just boobs, but it's intent that matters, and to me there is clear intent that the women are the ones portrayed as sexual objects only.

@Tunnels: I would never make personal assumptions on people like that. The funny thing is that I am perfectly down with the Otaku types who have their waifu's and have their hentai games, at least they are honest and know what they like.

@Dice: I'm aware. :P And we still don't have male objectification and sexalization in this game equal to that of women, so the trend continues.

Ps. I think abs are the equivalent to breasts on a man, but that might just be me. ;)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:54:50 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: July 31, 2013, 10:56:14 PM »

@Tunnels: I would never make personal assumptions on people like that. The funny thing is that I am perfectly down with the Otaku types who have their waifu's and have their hentai games, at least they are honest and know what they like.

I know, and I apologize if you thought I was implying you were. I personally don't think anyone here on these boards is insinuating anything like that, or the reverse for that matter. I was just speaking more in terms of people in general.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:58:38 PM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: July 31, 2013, 10:58:00 PM »

I think all this gab is hiding the fact that they seemingly botched the co-op nature of the game, unless someone can talk me from my ledge
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: July 31, 2013, 10:59:11 PM »

Agent D, There's a lot of reasons for that, many of which have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

I agree Star, there is no reason. But there doesn't always have to be. I don't need context to necessarily enjoy an aspect of media. It's fine if you do, and even if you object! I'm okay with that and support you 100% in your reasoning. I just don't think too much about stuff like that.

On a related note, I always find it funny whenever women tell me to name a person that's in my socioracial group that's objectified in American media. I have to ask them to name an Asian person in any American media, period. They then proceed to call me a misogynist.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: July 31, 2013, 11:00:31 PM »

I think all this gab is hiding the fact that they seemingly botched the co-op nature of the game, unless someone can talk me from my ledge.
The nature of the coop is unchanged though, just lacking a vocal option. We've already got stuff like skype to alleviate that situation if need be. It's possible I'd assume to patch it later if need be...unlikely but possible.

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: July 31, 2013, 11:00:55 PM »

I think all this gab is hiding the fact that they seemingly botched the co-op nature of the game, unless someone can talk me from my ledge

I haven't heard of the "unlocking co-op" thing anywhere else but here and in that one post, soo.....

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: July 31, 2013, 11:01:05 PM »

Edit: Posted before thinking things through.

Anyway, I have to disagree that any of the male characters in this game are sexualized. For an example of a male character design that has the same body type as the dwarf/fighter that is certainly sexualized, follow the link, although it is NSFW. No nudity or sex, but NSFW nevertheless: Link

Thank you Tunnels for giving a good example of the sexualization of a man.

I'm more sad that you have to complete the game before we could play co-op. I thought we would all join in as total noobs and flail around without having a clue what we are doing.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: July 31, 2013, 11:03:08 PM »

Edit: Posted before thinking things through.

Anyway, I have to disagree that any of the male characters in this game are sexualized. For an example of a male character design that has the same body type as the dwarf/fighter that is certainly sexualized, follow the link, although it is NSFW. No nudity or sex, but NSFW nevertheless: Link

Thank you Tunnels for giving a good example of the sexualization of a man.

I'm more sad that you have to complete the game before we could play co-op. I thought we would all join in as total noobs and flail around without having a clue what we are doing.

I can't help but feel male sexualization is used more for comedic purposes (and no, not just in that image).

Maybe we screwed up somewhere.  But hey, men don't seem to find vag as sexy as the rest of the lady.  I can def say I feel that way about penis.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 11:04:58 PM by Dice » Logged

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: July 31, 2013, 11:05:58 PM »

A majority of media is written and produced by men, it is a male dominated society after all. To them a male body is a source of comedy and derision. I also know it is a thing that a lot of women feel that the male body is also comical. Maybe it's just because I have a male body and also attracted to male bodies, but I like the design of it, and think it's just as good as a female design.

EDIT: My fingers hurt.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: July 31, 2013, 11:07:31 PM »

can you use skype on PS3? Is skype free?

Can you chat with a party?

Fuck it. Come on over and we'll play local
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: July 31, 2013, 11:09:27 PM »

I like when we all have opinions. It makes for an active evening of bitching and jokes.

@yodes skype's free, not on ps3 (on psps though...oddly), and works on all PCs, most phones, and I think some tablets....never tried though on tablets.
Edit: and yes, you can conference call with it,though idk max user number for it.

TASTY!
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 31, 2013, 11:10:06 PM »

Online co-op is locked until you finish the first nine stages.  After that, you get a B path trough each level to fight a different boss.  At this point, the online portion of the game is open.  You can play local co-op from the start.  

Hope that clears things up!  
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: July 31, 2013, 11:11:19 PM »

Online co-op is locked until you finish the first nine stages.  After that, you get a B path trough each level to fight a different boss.  At this point, the online portion of the game is open.  You can play local co-op from the start.  

Hope that clears things up!  
Ok, I missed that, and boy does my ass hurt now. Thanks Vanillaware.

TASTY!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: July 31, 2013, 11:11:27 PM »

can you use skype on PS3? Is skype free?

Can you chat with a party?

Fuck it. Come on over and we'll play local

I'm so tempted to book a jet to your place to get stupid fucking drunk and play shitty-awesome co-op all night and tell school to eat my ass..... then return back in the morning because I'm a giant pussy against education.

Skype is easy to use and download for free.  I should be on there; use my email

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: