Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 03:31:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327135 Posts in 13390 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon's Crown (Vanillaware RPG, now 2013 all regions) announced for PS3/Vita
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32 Print
Author Topic: Dragon's Crown (Vanillaware RPG, now 2013 all regions) announced for PS3/Vita  (Read 32371 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: August 03, 2013, 07:14:19 PM »

WOW!!!  I GOT SKYPE WORKING!! I just talked to D in REAL TIME!!!! I feel like I have leveled up... evolved in a sense... expect a new avatar when I get out of work tonite. Good lord am I proud. Thanks for the support guys. I could not/would not have done this without u :)

I sent you a contact request, Klyde.  You still haven't added me :(

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: August 03, 2013, 07:57:42 PM »

Starmongoose1991 add meh.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: August 03, 2013, 09:38:22 PM »

add meh in skype and psn gais, I use my current username for everything an my skype email is kofvscapcom@gmail.com

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: August 04, 2013, 01:05:45 PM »

So I've decided after seeing the review of EpicNameBro on YouTube that I'll skip Dragon's Crown and put time into Tekken Tag 2 instead.

Not a big loss since the game isn't for me anyway. That said, have fun messing around online!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: August 04, 2013, 02:35:29 PM »

OK this is a busy ass week for me (except for today. I called in sick for a mental health day) but I'll skype it up w/ you rowdies
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: August 04, 2013, 03:46:20 PM »

OK this is a busy ass week for me (except for today. I called in sick for a mental health day) but I'll skype it up w/ you rowdies

PM email or whatever your skype....if you want. :(

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
ferretwraith

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: August 04, 2013, 04:02:06 PM »

I am incredibly torn on rather or not to get this game.  I'm sure I would positively adore it for the first 5 hours, but I really can't see myself getting enjoyment out of turning a beat 'em up into a loot grinder.  I'm sure there is a swarm of people out there with this same view as me who will be purchasing it, so I can definitely see used copies showing up for half-price within 2 months from now.  But if I go that route, then I'm not supporting the development of games I would like to see exist, a sad offense to glorious dancing wizard mice everywhere.  Hmm...
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: August 04, 2013, 04:16:29 PM »

I am incredibly torn on rather or not to get this game.  I'm sure I would positively adore it for the first 5 hours, but I really can't see myself getting enjoyment out of turning a beat 'em up into a loot grinder.  I'm sure there is a swarm of people out there with this same view as me who will be purchasing it, so I can definitely see used copies showing up for half-price within 2 months from now.  But if I go that route, then I'm not supporting the development of games I would like to see exist, a sad offense to glorious dancing wizard mice everywhere.  Hmm...
I don't see people playing this for an extended period of time unless the online service and the item system are significant enough honestly. Waiting 2 months to play will probably kill online fun unless you get a dedicated group of people.

TASTY!
Rockko

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: August 04, 2013, 06:21:24 PM »

Just got my shipment notice from Amazon. Looking forward to playing this with my wife. I'm always looking for good couch co-op games like this. Between this and Diablo III next month, we should be set for a while....
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: August 04, 2013, 07:36:32 PM »

Forgot to put the review I saw here:

Dragon's Crown Review -- EpicNameBro, YouTube

"Dragon's Crown is a fantasy RPG beat 'em up from Vanillaware (George Kamitani) with music by Basiscape (Hitoshi Sakimoto). Its gameplay is similar to the old Capcom D&D arcade games, Tower of Doom and Shadow over Mystara, but it has loot systems similar to Diablo / Torchlight / Borderlands and a skill system for character customization.

Dragon's Crown also has local and online co-op as well as a small PvP arena. It's a beautiful, addictive game with tons of action and style, but it also has some negative aspects as well, mostly relating to the story and pacing. Some also argue that it is missing some key features as well, but the missing features are relatively minor to me.

Sorry for the video glitches, encoding issue with Vegas."
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: August 05, 2013, 02:07:22 PM »

It actually infuriates me that most people will only remember this game because of the character animations.  People need to grow up,lol.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: August 05, 2013, 02:16:59 PM »

It actually infuriates me that most people will only remember this game because of the character animations.  People need to grow up,lol.
I hope my new avatar helps diffuse some of the disgust regarding the sorceress (or adds new disgust,lol).

TASTY!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: August 05, 2013, 03:10:04 PM »

I hope my new avatar helps diffuse some of the disgust regarding the sorceress (or adds new disgust,lol).

...definitely adding disgust...

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: August 05, 2013, 03:39:19 PM »

Dead or Alive suffers this same fate.  Take away the jiggle gimmick, and it's actually a really good fighting game series.  (I'm not counting the beach stuff.  That's just lame fanservice).  Sure Dead or Alive 5 was overshadowed by Tekken Tag 2 or P4: Arena, but it's a hoot to play. 

And I wonder if Dragon's Crown has a sense of humor about the "jiggle."  Like in Code of Princess, Solange traipses around wearing less than a bikini (though she insists it's a designer royal gown *chortle*) and the running gag throughout is people telling her she's dressed like a hoochie or chiding her to put some clothes on. 

Dragon's Crown is not the first nor will it be the last to get this kind of attention, but it just happens to be the current lightning rod of righteous indignation.  And it IS a good game under the "gimmick."  But it's like this: Let's take two identical rock bands, same level of musical talent, same level of songwriting, same everything.  Only difference is that one band is a plain-clothes band that doesn't have a lot of presence and the other is very visual: fog, lights, stage outfits... which one will get more publicity?  Which one will be remembered? 

I approve of this nonsense!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: August 05, 2013, 03:51:08 PM »

As the saying goes,bad press is still press.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: