Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 06:00:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330171 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon's Crown (Vanillaware RPG, now 2013 all regions) announced for PS3/Vita
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] Print
Author Topic: Dragon's Crown (Vanillaware RPG, now 2013 all regions) announced for PS3/Vita  (Read 35659 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: October 31, 2013, 04:34:19 AM »

So I've been trying to get those trophies for speed-running the boss dragon.  There are trophies for killing it within 2 minutes on normal, 3 minutes on hard, and 4 minutes on infernal.  They're not even that hard, really (especially if you bring along some level 99 AI companions, who don't get level capped like your character when you switch difficulties...) but did you know that after you've cleared a difficulty you have to go and gather that talismans for that difficulty again?  What the heck is up with that?  Feels like total busywork.  And you're not even getting XP when you've already passed the level cap for that difficulty level...

Did it on normal but I didn't feel like gathering the talismans yet again on hard.  At least I have the talismans for infernal already (since there's nothing above infernal I've been playing at that difficulty anyway) but I think I want to gain a few levels there before tackling it.  Although you get more time you're also not going to be as overpowered for that fight...

Of course I still want to finish the last couple floors of the labyrinth of chaos, too...but there's never anyone doing it when I look for labyrinth of chaos games and it's just not as fun relying on the AI.  That's something I'd really like to do with some RPGFanners sometime.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: December 20, 2013, 03:52:36 PM »

Holy crap, have you seen the new features being added in the latest Dragon's Crown patch?

• Clearing the ninth layer in the Labyrinth of Chaos unlocks a new "Ultimate" difficulty level. This difficulty can be selected at the Temple.
  • When in Ultimate difficulty, a new randomly generated dungeon named the "Tower of Mirages" is added.
  • Ultimate difficulty raises the level cap from LV 99 to LV 255.
  • Item shortcuts can now be assigned and used separately by holding L1 and the Up directional button.
  • Damage values can now be displayed as a running total instead of per-hit.
  • To help increase player character visibility, characters can be shown with transparencies when they are on top of one another. This feature is available in the Options menu and can be toggled on or off.
  • Save files that have cleared Story mode can skip the first quests leading to the Talisman collection when creating a new character.
  • Guild Quests that have already been cleared may now be skipped in subsequent playthroughs.

In addition to the usual stability fixes and gameplay tweaks, of course.

A lot of this seems like the kind of stuff that would normally be relegated to DLC instead of a free patch like this.  Go Vanillaware!

Now I really want to finish off that Labrynth of Chaos.  I think I was on like floor 8 last I checked...haven't played in a while.  But I should have some time now...

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: December 22, 2013, 11:57:20 AM »

motivated to finish now, was still trying to finish hardest difficulty last time I played

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: December 24, 2013, 08:07:28 PM »

motivated to finish now, was still trying to finish hardest difficulty last time I played

I just downloaded the patch and I feel overwhelmed by starting Ultimate difficulty. The main reason I'm quoting you, is because I wanted to say your avatar of Firebrand makes me happy. Demon's Crest is one of my favorite SNES games.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: December 27, 2013, 08:49:04 PM »

I just downloaded the patch and I feel overwhelmed by starting Ultimate difficulty. The main reason I'm quoting you, is because I wanted to say your avatar of Firebrand makes me happy. Demon's Crest is one of my favorite SNES games.

thank you, also we should get people and play together, I shall try to finish labyrinth and start ultimate difficulty, my psn is kofvscapcom. and now with capcoms financial troubles, mebbe it's time to break out the older series again? they did make a new breath of fire, even if it isn't what we thought it would be.

edit: welp I just beat the demon lord, started ultimate difficulty and enemies hit really hard. time to grind to 99 at least.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:58:58 AM by kofvscapcom » Logged

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: