Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 09:21:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318958 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  this article pleases me
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: this article pleases me  (Read 3078 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 06:42:07 PM »

If Square is mad there wasn't enough JRPGs... then maybe they should've brought some damn JRPGs to show?

True enough, but where were everyone else's?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 11:18:19 PM »

The SE exec probably wasn't the one had any call, or at least enough pull in these kinds of decisions.

And I realized years ago that E3 really wasn't the time to look forward to exciting new JRPGs unless it was something like Final Fantasy anyway. The lack of announcements, particularly ones that are being localized for Europe anyway, is disconcerting however.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 08:49:19 AM »

One thing that makes me blue: it's alllllll about fucken shooters lately.  I don't mind a good one shooter, but by god, it seems that everyone is riding the Black Ops train right now. 

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 06:15:41 PM »

The SE exec probably wasn't the one had any call, or at least enough pull in these kinds of decisions.

And I realized years ago that E3 really wasn't the time to look forward to exciting new JRPGs unless it was something like Final Fantasy anyway.

No, but it was the time to look forward to localization announcements and previews. Even last year, there was more of that ilk even if a good chunk of it was on handheld. While a bunch of stuff wasn't actually playable (Disgaea 4, ClaDunX2, the three SMT games), I counted maybe five JRPGs there total, six if you count DQ Monsters Joker.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 12:31:45 AM »

One thing that makes me blue: it's alllllll about fucken shooters lately.  I don't mind a good one shooter, but by god, it seems that everyone is riding the Black Ops train right now. 

Well then, prepare for some good news then....http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/15/following-xenoblade-chronicles-what-are-monolith-soft-up-to-now/

That said, how good is up to debate but at least this is the best news of the last week and a half.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
darcthelad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 07:51:13 PM »

It looks like a Baten Kaitos installment to me, but who knows? If it is though, that rocks! :)

Who owns the rights to Skies of Arcadia, by the way? That's a popular game that never got a sequel.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2011, 07:58:54 PM »

sega

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: