Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 10:55:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332929 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Any new action anime out?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any new action anime out?  (Read 1451 times)
evilkaz

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 05, 2011, 12:22:23 AM »

The last action anime i was watching was dealoodman wonderland and [C] the money of possibility and soul. But lately nothing has peaked my interest. I heard about blood C but i wasn't much of a fan of the the first two (blood, blood+). Does anyone have any recommendations or know if any good anime is in the works?

I missed all the classic rpg's from back in the day. Not because I was too young, but because i was too stupid. I only played the "fun" games. The closest game to an RPG i played was pokemon. So now i have dedicated my life to finding and playing everything i missed out on. I got my work cut out for me.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 01:34:02 PM »

I thought everything in the "Blood" series was mediocre aside from the initial "Blood the Last Vampire" animated film.... I just posted about it, but none the less if your into the Vamp fair, Dance in the Vampire Bund just kept me hooked for 12 episodes.... best vamp stuff I've seen in awhile.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 04:16:39 AM »

Blood+ was the most boring shit I've ever seen. The entire 52 episodes were spent watching the Bishonen do everything while hoping that this is the episode for the arc where Saya shuts the fuck up and actually does something beyond complaining about having to fight or that she's tired. It doesn't really help that everybody who wasn't a villain was entirely just there for Saya to angst over or fall for in the most awkward way possible. It'll be amazing to see Branpresto do anything with that in that upcoming crossover JRPG that doesn't involve Saya being a worthless twat for 90% of it (among other things like giving S-cry-ed/My HiME an arc that ends in a way that isn't lame or completely batshit insane or getting a serviceable plot arc out of Sgt. Frog and Rune Soldier Louie (granted these are the same guys who can get Shinji Ikari to call out Jesus Yamato on his bullshit woes in SRW@3 so if anybody can turn an obnoxious and mostly worthless main character into an asskicker so if anybody can salvage Blood+ it's these guys)).

Tangent aside, Blood C once it get's going (if you ignore the fact that it fails the 3-episode test miserably) is pretty watchable. Nothing truly spectacular but serviceable in that Clamp sort of way. Don't know how it ends though.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: