Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 05:52:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331616 Posts in 13577 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Crimson Gem Saga.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Crimson Gem Saga.  (Read 6420 times)
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2011, 05:58:40 PM »

$100?! WTF. Gamestop 3 miles away from me has it for $14.99

Everything's Eventual
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2011, 06:51:00 PM »

So it is necessary to play Astonishia Story before this? Judging from the review, I'd rather not.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2011, 07:01:48 PM »

$100?! WTF. Gamestop 3 miles away from me has it for $14.99

Sometimes rare games reach ridiculous price points on eBay.  It's not entirely unreasonable, either.  Just because your local Gamestop has it doesn't mean that's true for the people bidding.  Are they supposed to travel around the country checking every single Gamestop?  It's more likely that your local Gamestop doesn't really understand the value of the game.  The number of copies in circulation is small but the audience that cares about it is also small.  You're not going to get a good sense of its value by only selling it locally...

That's why you should buy that copy and sell it on eBay.  Seriously.  It helps balance out prices for everyone, and you can make a nice profit while you're at it.

Oh yeah, the game.  I didn't really like Crimson Gem Saga, to be honest.  It was functional, but also felt really generic and dull.  I never finished it.

supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 07:05:03 PM »

I finished it (apparently losing the final fight gives you the same ending as winning it...). It was all right but fell apart at the end (like, before the last boss you permanently lose some of your party members and stuff, it was ridiculous).
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2011, 08:26:14 PM »

I beat it, but it had big issues iirc.  The ending left me with no desire to play any kind of sequel and battles were either overly slow or over in a flash.  Kinda annoying to be honest.  If you aren't one shotting enemies, the battles feel like they drag.  Don't really care for the idea that HP/MP refills automatically on leveling up.  I felt like it was a big stumbling block to creating balanced, good gameplay.  Really don't care for that mechanic.  Pretty good sprite work for a psp game though.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: