Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 06:33:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319164 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Hey Guys! We got one! (Solatorobo Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Hey Guys! We got one! (Solatorobo Thread)  (Read 8217 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2011, 01:37:12 AM »

Honestly, I wish people wouldn't be so hung up on the furry aspect. It's just a game with Anthropamorphic characters, not unlike Star Fox or Sly Cooper.
If a furry character is a freaking badass, I don't mind at all.

If people start matchmaking and doing extremely questionable stuff of them...I ignore those guys completely. So yeah, it works for everyone.

You mean like this?

I saw this pic a couple of months ago and I still don't know what to think of it. And yes it's official artwork.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2011, 02:09:13 AM »

Shit son this be a furry thread?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2011, 02:23:22 AM »

Honestly, I wish people wouldn't be so hung up on the furry aspect. It's just a game with Anthropamorphic characters, not unlike Star Fox or Sly Cooper.
If a furry character is a freaking badass, I don't mind at all.

If people start matchmaking and doing extremely questionable stuff of them...I ignore those guys completely. So yeah, it works for everyone.

You mean like this?

I saw this pic a couple of months ago and I still don't know what to think of it. And yes it's official artwork.
Well, it's official, harmless artwork. It's okay.

Kupo'ing to Victory! ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2011, 02:24:48 AM »

Shit son this be a furry thread?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_iBxo1LzaY
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2011, 03:04:42 AM »

there's official artwork where they're naked.

http://gigazine.net/news/20100918_solatorobo_tgs2010/

It's actually CLEAN, btw, just...

o/` I do not dream o/`

Tridius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 09:56:21 PM »

I would'nt be surprised if there was Rule 34 for this game considering i've been hearing about this game a lot. Though it should be very interesting to play an anthromorphic game.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2011, 11:26:29 PM »

Did someone say furry thread? Fuck yes!

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2011, 11:38:16 PM »

I would'nt be surprised if there was Rule 34 for this game considering i've been hearing about this game a lot. Though it should be very interesting to play an anthromorphic game.

Dude it's rule 34. Of course there's rule 34 of it. That's what makes it rule 34.

There's no Tong Nou rule 34 though Tong Nou sort of 34'd itself with the PALACE OF COCKS AND TITS.

(Okay there was only one cock, but it did have the room with the walls of tits. And the cock was in the center, I think. If you clicked on the sentient cock the tower collapsed and you died or something).

(Did I mention Tong Nou was weird lately? Because it is).

o/` I do not dream o/`

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2011, 11:59:35 PM »

PALACE OF COCKS AND TITS.

Is this what heaven is called?

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2011, 12:08:16 AM »

I swear if this turns into the wrong kind of thread I'll nuke it and everyone involved in its degeneration.

EDIT: Oh hey since I remembered there was something I actually wanted to respond to:

Though it should be very interesting to play an anthromorphic game.

That's... like a quarter of the NES games out there, SNES to some extent. Even within the context of an RPG stuff like BoF got pretty close given that in several installments the lead was the closest thing to a human in the cast, and he always had the ability to turn into a dragon.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 01:17:00 AM by Eusis » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2011, 03:37:59 AM »

Good Fucking Lord! What the Fuck is This Furry Shit Doing in a Thread I OP'd?

You know what? Rather than going off on a fucking tirade (since it looks like Eusis nipped this one in the bud) I'm just going to derail this into something other than sexed up shenanigans.

Like for instance, lets discuss this trailer reminding you jerks to go buy this game and support XSeeD in bringing over good JRPGs like Ys and TitS.

@Eusis: The anthropomorphic bullshit went on for over a decade and even into the PS2 era there were still attempts like Ratchet and Clank for a good example, and something like that Dingo with the boomerang which I can't think of the name of for a bad example, and of course Star Fox: Dinosaur Planet for an ugly example.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2011, 03:39:35 AM »

I've played the game, something about it just makes you want to be a kid again.  It's like watching a Saturday morning cartoon.  <3

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2011, 10:20:20 AM »

I'm really on the border with this game. The story looks pretty good, but the whole game just seems too easy. And the whole anthropomorphic characters kind of makes me uneasy (never really liked that kind of character, even in storybooks). Is it still worth getting or should I skip it?

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Tridius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2011, 05:24:00 PM »

Well i am currently playing it right now got through the tutorial level considering it's quite optional and don't force you to go through it like other rpg's. The story so far is pretty interesting  though currently one of the quests i'm doing is.

Code:
Pamphlet Delivery though interesting one of the characters involved is Mamoru from Mamoru-kun. Though i am curious what his game is about though.

So far in my opinion this game is worth if especially for a newcomer to Action RPG's.

EDIT: Anyway i am on Chapter 3 of this game.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 05:43:42 PM by Tridius » Logged
Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2011, 07:24:16 PM »

Like Kim said, this game very much evokes childhood nostalgia. It's unfortunate that our adult sensibilities can lead us to associate animal characters with the dark side of the furry fandom, because this game quite obviously has nothing to do with sex. To me the game feels like a lighthearted Cowboy Bebop mixed with Samurai Pizza Cats. Besides, floating islands! Baten Kaitos and Skies of Arcadia, eat your hearts out.

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: