Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 10:49:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327146 Posts in 13391 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Hey Guys! We got one! (Solatorobo Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Hey Guys! We got one! (Solatorobo Thread)  (Read 9075 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2011, 07:36:29 PM »

Tridius is the gameplay as mindless as the videos make it seem :(

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tridius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2011, 08:30:42 PM »

Tridius is the gameplay as mindless as the videos make it seem :(

Well not really as mindless in my opinion. Though in order to continue the story you have to raise your Hunter Rank by doing quests though some of the them can be tricky especially two of those quests involving duel island. The main character sure has a big mouth isusing self imposed challenges there.

Code:
Basically the 2nd and final round time limit. three for the 2nd round and a minute in the final round against three enemies. I was very close to losing the round.

Now for the second self imposed rule.

Code:

1st round Three midair combo this one can be tricky if you have not mastered it.
2nd round Win in under a minute
3rd round Win without taking a single hit (Pretty easy as long as you know where the boss will land next.)

Though besides that so far the quests are quite easy.  Though there are some you can do repetively which will be shown in green once you complete them.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 10:35:10 PM by Tridius » Logged
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2011, 10:57:53 PM »

Like Kim said, this game very much evokes childhood nostalgia. It's unfortunate that our adult sensibilities can lead us to associate animal characters with the dark side of the furry fandom, because this game quite obviously has nothing to do with sex. To me the game feels like a lighthearted Cowboy Bebop mixed with Samurai Pizza Cats. Besides, floating islands! Baten Kaitos and Skies of Arcadia, eat your hearts out.
This generation of gaming and its affinity to islands in the sky... Why, the most dominant this year is Skyward Sword's islands.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2011, 03:42:27 AM »

Like Kim said, this game very much evokes childhood nostalgia. It's unfortunate that our adult sensibilities can lead us to associate animal characters with the dark side of the furry fandom, because this game quite obviously has nothing to do with sex. To me the game feels like a lighthearted Cowboy Bebop mixed with Samurai Pizza Cats. Besides, floating islands! Baten Kaitos and Skies of Arcadia, eat your hearts out.
This generation of gaming and its affinity to islands in the sky... Why, the most dominant this year is Skyward Sword's Skyrim's islands.

Fixe-urk*gets shot*

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Tridius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2011, 03:00:21 PM »

Anyway for those of you who want to know. I've completed what is addumed to be the first half of the game so i am working on the second half. Oddly enough the first half of the game has 10 chapters to complete. So i am not sure how many chapters there are in the second half and there is a second anime opening to this story as well. Though from what i am seeing it looks to be quite a serious story.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2011, 03:07:16 PM »

Anyway for those of you who want to know. I've completed what is addumed to be the first half of the game so i am working on the second half. Oddly enough the first half of the game has 10 chapters to complete. So i am not sure how many chapters there are in the second half and there is a second anime opening to this story as well. Though from what i am seeing it looks to be quite a serious story.

Dude, at least tell us how good it is, not how many chapters there are.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2011, 08:06:22 AM »

Hopefully the second half doesn't mostly consist of sitting around in a chair and talking your ear off save for the occasional boss rush.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2011, 03:44:24 PM »

Not at all.  The second half is vastly superior to the first half. 

I approve of this nonsense!
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2011, 04:25:48 PM »

Well, today's my birthday. Since this game shows promise, I'll buy it.

But then...I really haven't played TWEWY at all, and I'm really considering getting it. Which one is better?

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2011, 04:31:22 PM »

I haven't played this game, but TWEWY is better.

;)

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2011, 05:03:12 PM »

TWEWY is probably the better game, but Solatorobo seems to be the kind of game we really just don't see anymore, and may not for a long while. Certainly not with MML3 being canned by Capcom. You might actually be able to argue similar for TWEWY, being that kind of crazy experimental RPG Squaresoft specialized in during the 32-bit days, yet better than most of those were, but sales are long past seriously mattering for that. That, and it's been 2 or 3 years I believe since release, it's not going to quickly vanish on you.
Tridius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2011, 05:31:03 PM »

Not at all.  The second half is vastly superior to the first half. 

Indeed it is as well as how much backstory is reveled from the second half itself alone that makes it a lot better than the first half.  Well anyway i'm completed and i have to say this is a really good game much different from other action rpg's and it's was worth playing it.

Oh and in case anyone was wondering about the DLC content?

Code:
Some of the remaining DLC quests are not avaliable till the game is completed.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 05:51:00 PM by Tridius » Logged
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2011, 05:37:58 PM »

Solatorobo and TWEWY are completely different animals.  TWEWY is far more experimental and unique.  The battle system is very hit-or-miss with players, though, since it's chaotic and feels like simultaneously patting your head and rubbing your tummy. 

Solatorobo is not quite as out there, but it's different enough from your average action-RPG and is quite charming and fun.  The only polarizing element would be that the characters are anthropomorphic animals, but why let the stupid chattering monkeys of the furry crowd dictate our gaming actions? 

I scored both around the same ballpark, thus I enjoyed both about the same but for different reasons. 

I approve of this nonsense!
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2011, 08:49:47 PM »

Well, since a used TWEWY copy with no instruction booklet wasn't very appealing (hey, I want to have my stuff complete), I went with Solatorobo instead. Now to see what this game has to offer...

EDIT: Its opening chapter was a refreshing one, and the gameplay is easy but entertaining. Also, I'm already in love with the characters and the cutscenes. The opening sounded spiritual to me.

Oh, and by the way, to those who don't know yet, this game has only one file to save your playthrough.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:22:57 PM by AuraChannelerChris » Logged

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2011, 10:11:47 PM »

Oh, and by the way, to those who don't know yet, this game has only one file to save your playthrough.

Much to my annoyance. There's a lot of these stupid trends cropping up in the industry, and I hate it almost as much as a game only saving through auto save, almost because usually those games ALSO only have one save slot. I guess it's a (stupid) attempt to encourage more sales by blocking the ability for someone to share a game with friends and family, even though it's infinitely more restrictive on average than game sharing on PSN anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: