Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 09:40:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331460 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Child of Eden
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Child of Eden  (Read 3278 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 08:04:51 PM »

In a review I hear this game could be beat in an hour and that there isn't much to do after. Normally I don't mind if a game is "short" but is realy good, like Vanquish. But 50 bucks for an 1 hour game ? I think not even Zelda fans would pay this much to play that tech demo from E3 let alone a gesture based game with nothing to do after.

KeeperX already hit the nail on the head, but I'm going to expand on it a bit.  Each of the NES Super Mario Brothers games can be beaten in an hour.  Same goes for the Sonic games.  You can clear Street Fighter II in like, fifteen minutes.  After you beat them, there isn't "much to do after."  Unless you... replay them.  And that's exactly what kids worldwide did, over and over, to get better at them even when they already knew how they ended.  Why?  Because it was fun!

It's no big deal if Child of Eden just isn't your style of game.  I'm down with that.  Not everyone digs the Space Harrier style lock-on gameplay and all the synesthesia hub-bub.  But people bringing up that the game can be beaten in an hour as if that were a major problem continues to baffle me.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 11:36:06 PM »

so a game in 2011 should have the replay value of a game from 1992
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 12:00:45 AM »

You're just trying to troll both sides, aren't you?
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 12:03:17 AM »

Child of Eden would work wonderfully as a PSVITA game. But then again, we've got Sound Shapes, a promising rhythm-based platformer.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 12:12:15 AM »

he wishes he could troll me
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 12:51:58 AM »

he wishes he could troll me

Emphasis on "trying".
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2011, 12:38:39 PM »

Holy shit this game must've bombed hard, gamestop has it for $30. Might as well release the PS3 version at that price from day 1 lol.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 11:39:35 AM »

Quite the opposite: It just topped sales charts in the US.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2011, 12:23:44 PM »

I'll be frank, I'm just waiting to see if the price drops further before buying it ^^;;
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2011, 02:28:06 PM »

Well, it bombed hard in Europe. If it's doing well in the US I wonder why gamestop already slashed the price in half. Weird.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2011, 02:30:13 PM »

Well, it bombed hard in Europe. If it's doing well in the US I wonder why gamestop already slashed the price in half. Weird.

Where do you get that idea? It debuted at 25th and has risen to 16th since. That's hardly "bombing".
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2011, 02:46:21 PM »

Where do you get that idea? It debuted at 25th and has risen to 16th since. That's hardly "bombing".

What list are you looking at? I hope you're not one of those people who think UK = Europe.
The game debuted at nº 20 in the UK in week 24, then dropped to nº 26 in week 25 and in week 26 (last week) it didn't even enter the top 40. More importantly, it never entered the charts of any other country (though for other countries we usually only see the top 10 or top 20).

As for the US, the game debuted at nº 20 in week 24 and then disappeared from the top 40:

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=40720&reg=America&date=40713

I thought something was weird, I check the charts of every country every week (I did forget to check the US in the week CoE was released though I was almost 100% sure DNF was nº1 (and it was)), where the hell do you get your data?

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2011, 02:48:42 PM »

I'm about ready to see if I can put a filter on VG Chartz. Don't fucking trust them dammit.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2011, 02:58:06 PM »

I'm about ready to see if I can put a filter on VG Chartz. Don't fucking trust them dammit.

Even if it isn't accurate do you really think a game like CoE would outsell DNF?

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2011, 03:22:58 PM »

Even if it isn't accurate do you really think a game like CoE would outsell DNF?

Your gut reaction may be "No", but when you stop to think about it... Why is Duke Nukem even relevant? It's getting panned, largely ignored by people who weren't following DNF's history AND still wanted the game, and most of the mainstream is more focused on Call of Duty or games that actually were received well like LA Noire.

Anyways, while it's only taken from Amazon there is this. May be skewed due to Child of Eden going on sale for $35 though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: