Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 10:24:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319144 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Child of Eden
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Child of Eden  (Read 3133 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2011, 03:35:54 PM »

I'm about ready to see if I can put a filter on VG Chartz. Don't fucking trust them dammit.

Even if it isn't accurate do you really think a game like CoE would outsell DNF?

Your gut reaction may be "No", but when you stop to think about it... Why is Duke Nukem even relevant? It's getting panned, largely ignored by people who weren't following DNF's history AND still wanted the game, and most of the mainstream is more focused on Call of Duty or games that actually were received well like LA Noire.

Anyways, while it's only taken from Amazon there is this. May be skewed due to Child of Eden going on sale for $35 though.

That boost in sales was precisely because of the price cut I mentioned and that originated this whole debate. My point stands, it bombed which originated a price cut which in turn originated bigger sales. Becoming nş1 after a significant price cut 2 weeks after release isn't the same as being a success at launch. Besides, last week didn't have any huge releases like the previous weeks (DNF and Zelda) so I guess the low price combined with good press and word of mouth helped the game. It's refreshing to see a game like this do well, especially in the US.
DNF got a lot of shit but in the week of release it topped the charts everywhere, the hype was there.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 03:43:47 PM »

If Amazon is the only source of data, then yeah, I'll take it with a considerable amount of salt. But man, even that is better than VG Chartz.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 05:05:13 PM »

Remember when I said that they might as well release the PS3 version for $30? Well, the RRP in the UK is £19.99 and PLAY has it available for pre-order with a £14.99 price tag and they even throw in a T-shirt!

I'm waiting for impressions on how well it works with move (should look amazing in 3D though...), as soon as I see good impressions about the gameplay I'm getting it.

Looks like Amazon has the same price but without the T-shirt.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2011, 06:25:41 PM »

It's funny seeing the 360 version priced at 30 euro and the PS3 version which hasn't even been released yet for 20.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2011, 06:45:09 PM »

It's funny seeing the 360 version priced at 30 euro and the PS3 version which hasn't even been released yet for 20.

It's even funnier to see the 360 version going for $30 here and the PS3 version announced at $50. You really think it's worth coming out the gate at that price point Ubi?
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011, 05:51:46 AM »

Here's Mizuguchi playing the PS3 version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGXx7XzAOHE

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2011, 04:48:13 PM »

Holy shit! This might be the most beautiful game I've ever seen! Wish I had a 3DTV.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: