Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 04:08:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337927 Posts in 13834 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Freakin' Hard Boss!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Freakin' Hard Boss!!!  (Read 3221 times)
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 10:37:18 AM »

Really?
No one felt like letting him know that Ys has no apostrophe?
I'm surprised~
Also, be sure pronounce it like ees, not wise, yeast, or wy es.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 02:15:36 PM »

was borgan nerfed in the saturn/psx remakes? maybe im just awesome now but i replayed lunar 2 recently and he wasnt hard =/

the last boss in phantasy star portable 2 Orga Spiritos = omgwtf asdfgghkl
when i first played persona 3 nyx was omg bs

Everything in the Lunar remakes was nerfed.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 11:47:03 PM »

was borgan nerfed in the saturn/psx remakes? maybe im just awesome now but i replayed lunar 2 recently and he wasnt hard =/

the last boss in phantasy star portable 2 Orga Spiritos = omgwtf asdfgghkl
when i first played persona 3 nyx was omg bs

Everything in the Lunar remakes was nerfed.
Everything except Alex's desire to be a dragonmaster....and Nash's female gymnast body. Though I admit, having read up on the fights way back for the Sega CD version, we definitely got the easier of the versions. I can't remember a single boss in Lunar 1 or 2 that wasn't easy EXCEPT
Ghaleon in the first one (not the magic emperor doofus)
[/color]. I played through 2 with no troubles a couple times, hardest fight being the star dragon, and only cuz I forgot healing items and didn't have that one accessory that nerfs elemental damage.

TASTY!
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 11:05:10 PM »

Nocturne's Matador if you didn't know what was coming....
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 11:12:02 PM »

What about that one plant dude in FFXIII? Even after maxxing out stats for Lightning and Hope, it still took me way too many tries.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 12:16:14 AM »

I'm trying to think which boss gave me the most trouble and I think it would be the final boss of Breath of Fire 2 =/
I've had some though bosses but usually there's a trick to make them easier, like for example the wind/charm boss in P3 which gets destroyed if you farm Narcissus' heart item. BoF2 though... I'm not sure if there's any way of making him any less strong.

Also, DQ3 last boss... but all NES jRPGs were almost impossible to finish.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 12:33:14 AM »

The boss that gave me the most trouble that I can remember was Miguel from Chrono Cross. Square did a great job making a bitch of a boss look like a complete pushover.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 12:24:19 PM »

The boss that gave me the most trouble that I can remember was Miguel from Chrono Cross. Square did a great job making a bitch of a boss look like a complete pushover.
I second this, he was a prick with his glowy lightsaber., and MAIN CHARACTER being a dark element at the time. Goddamnit SE put out a PSP port of chrono cross already!

TASTY!
OkamiGeisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 01:38:05 PM »

What about that one plant dude in FFXIII? Even after maxxing out stats for Lightning and Hope, it still took me way too many tries.

The one in the Titan's Trials?  I think it's an Ochu and it calls its little friends during the fight.  Yep, I haven't even gone back (yet) and tried to beat him after getting game over a few times.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 05:07:36 PM »

Nocturne's Matador if you didn't know what was coming....

I needed an Action Replay to pass through this bad boy.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2011, 10:21:51 PM »

The one in the Titan's Trials?  I think it's an Ochu and it calls its little friends during the fight.  Yep, I haven't even gone back (yet) and tried to beat him after getting game over a few times.

I cleared the Titan's Trials one. I didn't ever clear the one that STARTS with 5 babies on the path up to Titan's Trials. Apparently there's some weapon Lightning has with a 1% chance with each attack of staggering the whole damn group. And you just try and try until you get that opening stagger. I never bothered. I stopped like 5 hunts short of all of them (stupid Adamantoise bullsh%t).

Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 10:26:33 PM »

I cleared the Titan's Trials one. I didn't ever clear the one that STARTS with 5 babies on the path up to Titan's Trials. Apparently there's some weapon Lightning has with a 1% chance with each attack of staggering the whole damn group. And you just try and try until you get that opening stagger. I never bothered. I stopped like 5 hunts short of all of them (stupid Adamantoise bullsh%t).

Now I'm really scared. I was talking about the one on Disc 2.

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2011, 02:37:33 PM »

You mean the one in Gapra Whitewood?
Commander Jubby Shepard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2011, 04:13:04 PM »

You mean the one in Gapra Whitewood?

Yes! I have no idea how I beat him. I couldn't make any good strategies, the internet was a t a loss, even Odin didn't help me in the slightest. In the end I won due to sheer luck. And this was a after maxing out Lightning and Hope's stats.

OkamiGeisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2011, 02:26:39 PM »

Yes! I have no idea how I beat him. I couldn't make any good strategies, the internet was a t a loss, even Odin didn't help me in the slightest. In the end I won due to sheer luck. And this was a after maxing out Lightning and Hope's stats.

This might help for next time.   

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Aster_Protoflorian.  It can change its elemental weakness.. hmm, that's weird. 

Anyway, when you get to Gran Pulse, the Death spell frequently works on the Adamantoise family but call Hecontoncheir as the first thing Vanille does.  Make sure she has haste and then spam death.  It will work I'd guess 25% of the time.   So save before you fight them.  Its worth it for the leveling up and spoils.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: