Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 05:35:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327820 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Freakin' Hard Boss!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Freakin' Hard Boss!!!  (Read 2954 times)
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2011, 04:29:42 PM »

Yes! I have no idea how I beat him. I couldn't make any good strategies, the internet was a t a loss, even Odin didn't help me in the slightest. In the end I won due to sheer luck. And this was a after maxing out Lightning and Hope's stats.

This might help for next time.   

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Aster_Protoflorian.  It can change its elemental weakness.. hmm, that's weird. 

Anyway, when you get to Gran Pulse, the Death spell frequently works on the Adamantoise family but call Hecontoncheir as the first thing Vanille does.  Make sure she has haste and then spam death.  It will work I'd guess 25% of the time.   So save before you fight them.  Its worth it for the leveling up and spoils.

Will Vanille ever use Death on her own or do I have to control her myself? She has it, but I've never seen her use it.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 12:16:38 AM »

All I have to say is Legend of Legaia....the Delilias.

Yeah, generally past the halfway point most bosses could combo one character on your team for an instant kill, but something about the delilias always made the game seem unfair, forcing you to overlevel for that extra hp boost.

Hahaha, the Delilas Family boss fight was great in the sense that you have that gimmick where your party is separated fighting 3 1vs1 battles after going through three separate tunnels filled with obstacles, and then having to defeat Koru in 4 turns otherwise you'd be insta-killed.

Let me guess, it was Che Delilas that ticked you off, right? Mostly because Gala sucked giant amounts of butt for the majority of the game compared to Vahn and Noa and Che's  attacks hit the hardest.  It was also irritating that they teased you with a save point but wouldn't let you save until you beat the Delilases, meaning through the tunnels you go if you lose at any point. Eesh, I can  hear it now "GORGEOUS MEGATON PRESS! WHOAH....CLEAR!"

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 12:24:23 AM by Sise-Neg » Logged

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2011, 10:00:38 AM »

All I have to say is Legend of Legaia....the Delilias.

Yeah, generally past the halfway point most bosses could combo one character on your team for an instant kill, but something about the delilias always made the game seem unfair, forcing you to overlevel for that extra hp boost.

Hahaha, the Delilas Family boss fight was great in the sense that you have that gimmick where your party is separated fighting 3 1vs1 battles after going through three separate tunnels filled with obstacles, and then having to defeat Koru in 4 turns otherwise you'd be insta-killed.

Let me guess, it was Che Delilas that ticked you off, right? Mostly because Gala sucked giant amounts of butt for the majority of the game compared to Vahn and Noa and Che's  attacks hit the hardest.  It was also irritating that they teased you with a save point but wouldn't let you save until you beat the Delilases, meaning through the tunnels you go if you lose at any point. Eesh, I can  hear it now "GORGEOUS MEGATON PRESS! WHOAH....CLEAR!"

Dude,exactly. Once you beat Che, it was easier (ish), but he just slammed on you like a rotten step father. Once you figure out the pattern it's relatively doable, but if you don't stick to it, you're dead, no questions asked. Gala always was the shitty one in the party, lol.

TASTY!
Tridius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2011, 03:40:25 PM »

The boss that gave me the most trouble that I can remember was Miguel from Chrono Cross. Square did a great job making a bitch of a boss look like a complete pushover.
I second this, he was a prick with his glowy lightsaber., and MAIN CHARACTER being a dark element at the time. Goddamnit SE put out a PSP port of chrono cross already!

I third this. it was very hard to keep your entire party alive due to Whitesword and the face your main had a weakness to white elements. Don't even try to bring any characters who innate element is black due to that skill itself.
Though for that boss fight it introduce some needed stragegy against him. Though the later Lynx fight was pretty nasty as well, But the....

Code:
Dario fight tops them all considering it is the hardest fight in the game which gives you a very strong weapon that makes the later bosses a lot more tolerable.
OkamiGeisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2011, 01:48:52 PM »

Will Vanille ever use Death on her own or do I have to control her myself? She has it, but I've never seen her use it.

You have to control her yourself.  I don't think I've ever experienced her using death while not controlling her.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: